Currently trapped on a broken down bus to MK

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember the first time they the Villians party in 2013, they were unprepared for the crowds that came, the roads were horrible I had a friend who was stuck on a Disney bus from CBR for over hours and my husband and I were stuck on a friendship boat trying to get from the BW to HS and we were on that hot boat for over an hour.. It was a nightmare...

and how many FP's did you get for this inconvenience??

That party was an unmitigated disaster in almost every way. “Inconvenience” doesn’t begin to cover the headaches I remember reading about that night.

I wonder if people would ask to be compensated by Disney for any delays if it was NOT their fault? Kid pulling the fire alarm, two drivers forgetting how to drive causing an accident on the road in front of a park entrance, etc.

I'm going to walk out on the tiniest shortest flimsiest limb and venture that yes, some people would.

I worked at the Disney Reservation Center and they do call in complaining about their wait at the bus stops or whatever demanding for compensation...
I actually had a lady when I worked in the MK who came and complained about someone pouring something all over her kids stroller and bag, a CM went over got her a brand new mickey umbrella stroller and some clothes for the child and some kind of bag, I worked on three rides and when I moved to another ride I watched her pour coke all over the brand new items and go to another CM for new things.. Its really sad and it will one day stop WDW from being able to make magical moments

I worked at the Disney Reservation Center and they do call in complaining about their wait at the bus stops or whatever demanding for compensation...
I actually had a lady when I worked in the MK who came and complained about someone pouring something all over her kids stroller and bag, a CM went over got her a brand new mickey umbrella stroller and some clothes for the child and some kind of bag, I worked on three rides and when I moved to another ride I watched her pour coke all over the brand new items and go to another CM for new things.. Its really sad and it will one day stop WDW from being able to make magical moments
Seriously? If I witnessed that first hand I would have kicked that lady out. Absolutely ridiculous behavior.

Maybe you could have poured Coke all over that lady and then had Disney replace her with a completely new guest.

I'm going back and forth on this one.

One side of me says I am not the type of person who expects to be compensated for everything. (A waiter got my order wrong a week or so ago, and I wasn't even upset, and his manager was over offering extra stuff. - I was far more embarrassed by the attention than disappointed by the food.)

That said, I can see situations in which I'd be really sad if I had planned a whole expensive day around EMH and Disney transportation wasn't working. It would be a "Disney-ish" thing if they offered everyone extra FPs or something.

I'm going with my first reaction to the thread title, though -
If this were a Disney movie, somebody would have gotten everyone singing songs from the films and it would have been the highlight/turn-around of some grumpy person's trip.

Last edited:
I wonder if people would ask to be compensated by Disney for any delays if it was NOT their fault? Kid pulling the fire alarm, two drivers forgetting how to drive causing an accident on the road in front of a park entrance, etc.

I'm going to walk out on the tiniest shortest flimsiest limb and venture that yes, some people would.

I think these are two different situations. A Disney bus broke down and they missed EMH.

To me, this isn't the same as someone saying, my room air conditioning was broken, can I have fast passes or a free night? In those situations the person didn't actually miss out on plans. Yes, yes I know someone will say that because the air broke, they were too hot and had to take an extra shower or something and they missed out on dinner.... ;) A slippery slope I'm walking on indeed.

I think these are two different situations. A Disney bus broke down and they missed EMH.

To me, this isn't the same as someone saying, my room air conditioning was broken, can I have fast passes or a free night? In those situations the person didn't actually miss out on plans. Yes, yes I know someone will say that because the air broke, they were too hot and had to take an extra shower or something and they missed out on dinner.... ;) A slippery slope I'm walking on indeed.

They are different situations, I agree. I was merely bringing up the fact that I think people would ask Disney to compensate for delays even if they weren't Disney's fault.

That party was an unmitigated disaster in almost every way. “Inconvenience” doesn’t begin to cover the headaches I remember reading about that night.

I was there - it was a nightmare. I actually went to Guest Relations to complain but the line was so long (several hours long I was told by a CM) that I didn't bother and just tried to make the most of my night.

OP - stop by Guest Relations and mention the broken down bus. You may get a FP+ or two which will help make up for missing the EMH.

You know, sometimes vehicles break down regardless of how well you take care of them. If you were driving a friend to a Broadway show and you car broke down, causing you both to be late for the show, would you owe your friend compensation? Granted Disney is a business, but stuff happens. People expect compensation from Disney when they wouldn’t from any other person or business.

You know, sometimes vehicles break down regardless of how well you take care of them. If you were driving a friend to a Broadway show and you car broke down, causing you both to be late for the show, would you owe your friend compensation? Granted Disney is a business, but stuff happens. People expect compensation from Disney when they wouldn’t from any other person or business.

Would I “owe” them? Probably not. But if they missed the show (many shows won’t let you in until intermission), I would very likely reimburse them for their ticket.

That was my first thought also, but then I put myself in their shoes. My trip planned out. Chose my EMH day, maybe my only one? A big part is getting rides done before crowds, so I plan my day around getting those rides done.
Get up early, get on my bus provided by Disney transportation. Bus breaks down and I miss my EMH. Yep, I would be disappointed and annoyed.
While I wouldn't take it out on anyone or demand anything, I don't see anything wrong in this case by politely asking Guest Services for an extra fast pass to take the sting out of missing my EMH. :)

I agree, I don’t think it’s asking too much to ask for one or two fast passes for the inconvenience. Asking for a night’s stay refund would be ridiculous.

Hi! We left the park during the first parade today. We walked into guest services and there was zero line. I said “We were on a bus this morning from Pop and it broke doen and we missed extra magic hour....” Before I finished, she had started typing. She said that she had heard about that. I asked if we could have a fastpass to use tonight when we returned and she gave us two. I don’t even think that I had to really ask as it appeared she was ready to just give them and maybe had been doing that already today to others.

We will definitely put both to good use on a crazy busy day like today. And we can tell the “remember when we got stuck on that bus?!” story.

Hi! We left the park during the first parade today. We walked into guest services and there was zero line. I said “We were on a bus this morning from Pop and it broke doen and we missed extra magic hour....” Before I finished, she had started typing. She said that she had heard about that. I asked if we could have a fastpass to use tonight when we returned and she gave us two. I don’t even think that I had to really ask as it appeared she was ready to just give them and maybe had been doing that already today to others.

We will definitely put both to good use on a crazy busy day like today. And we can tell the “remember when we got stuck on that bus?!” story.
Good for you.....glad it worked out!

Chances are no one will have to ask. Several times I’ve been in line for a bus and don’t get on it because it’s full and many of those times if a cm has been present they walk down the line of “leftovers” scanning bands and adding FP. It may not be every time but it’s happened to us multiple times at BWVand AKL. When something like that happens people do miss FP and if you ask nicely a cm may just add one on. I don’t think it hurts to ask nicely, especially if you’ve missed one due to a situation beyond your control.
Never had this happen (free FP in bus line). Been to WDW 20 times.

And actually we recently were in line for Haunted Mansion, all the way inside after elevator, when it broke down and they had us stand there for 20 minutes. They said we'd get a replacement FP and we did not.

Never had this happen (free FP in bus line). Been to WDW 20 times.

And actually we recently were in line for Haunted Mansion, all the way inside after elevator, when it broke down and they had us stand there for 20 minutes. They said we'd get a replacement FP and we did not.
We had this happen early summer right after Pandora opened and the lines for buses to AK were nuts. The second time was during Food and Wine this October and the amount of people waiting for a AK bus was again crazy.

You know, sometimes vehicles break down regardless of how well you take care of them. If you were driving a friend to a Broadway show and you car broke down, causing you both to be late for the show, would you owe your friend compensation?
But, that’s not the same scenario, as the OP wasn’t driving their own car. If I was going to a Broadway play, and the play was providing transportation as part of the ticket price, but I missed part of the play because the transportation broke down, I would ask for compensation.

If it was transportation as part of the broadway ticket or package that caused me to miss the first hour of the show then it would make sense the provider would provide some sort of make good.

Not at all endorsing people who complain about everything especially in order to receive compensation. We had plenty of issues on our trip and it never even occurred to me to elevate them.

Was that the one where they actually refunded a bunch of tickets because it went so poorly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter