Current Menus on the Ships

We are taking our dd on her first cruise in March....Thank you so much for taking the time to type all this up. It is a big help!:cheer2:

txgirl1

I have finally gotten a chance to start typing up the menus to post here. The PC and scanner are having communication problems so typing was the easiest way to get them posted for everyone. I have done a few and will keep adding with links in this post to each one. Please forgive typos. I have gone through them but do know know wine and some of the names are doozies.

Okay, just got some really quick questions. For one, when is "Let the Magic Begin"? Is this just for the longer cruises, or is it a new menu on the first night of 7 night cruises as well?

Also, I recall a while back, there were menus referred to as "Captain's Gala" and "Master Chef," in addition to Pirate Night. I assume the Golden Mickeys are the same as the Captain's Gala. How about Master Chef?

I am thinking if Let the Magic Begin is on 7 night inteneraries now, that the next 6 meals are the 3 regular meals, Golden Mickeys, Pirate night, and till we meet again. Is this right?

The last I heard the Golden Mickey's menu is now in place of the Master Chef menu and is usually served on formal night but as with anything DCL this too is subject to change.

I have finally gotten a chance to start typing up the menus to post here. The PC and scanner are having communication problems so typing was the easiest way to get them posted for everyone. I have done a few and will keep adding with links in this post to each one. Please forgive typos. I have gone through them but do know know wine and some of the names are doozies.

Let the Magic Begin Menu
Lumiere's Menu
Animators Palate Menu
Parrot Cay Menu
Golden Mickeys Menu
Pirate Night Menu
Til We Meet Again Menu

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!
2.gif

I have just finished scanning and cropping the menus for the 7 day cruises. I emailed them to DIS Techs tonight along with the 7 kids menus and the recipe for the Palo Souffle that DCL sent out to CC members last year...no worries that they have it on the ship too. ;) I will post when they are live on the DIS. :)

I have just finished scanning and cropping the menus for the 7 day cruises. I emailed them to DIS Techs tonight along with the 7 kids menus and the recipe for the Palo Souffle that DCL sent out to CC members last year...no worries that they have it on the ship too. ;) I will post when they are live on the DIS. :)

That's great - thanks for taking the time and effort to do this - it is much appreciated :)

Mel
x

Those menus are no longer used on the Magic. The Let the Magic Begin menu corresponds with the new sail away party. The Golden Mickey's is used on formal night.

Alright, I am a smidgen confused about the Let the Magic Begin meal. I assume that the menu that was posted is served in all three restaurants on Embarkation Night.

However, I saw a Navigator from the January 17th Eastern, and the Saturday cover had each of the restaurants listed as "Show Dinner", (AP), "Island Dinner", (PC) and "French Dinner." (L) But, that makes it sound like that first night's dinner is whatever restaurant you are in's typical fare.

Soooo confused?

It looks like that one was taken out. It was not in the group that I scanned and submitted.

Thanks for doing this. What was your dining room rotation? Last time we had PLAPLAP with the "usual" menus the first three nights. Is it different now? Might have to change our Palo reservation. Thanks.

LUMIERE'S

MAIN COURSE
Coquilles Student Jacques
Sautéed scallops, Mushrooms and Shallots baked in a Mornay Sauce

Glad to see my favorite still here! :thumbsup2

LET THE MAGIC BEGIN
APPETIZERS
Crown of Scallops and Caviar Macedoine
Marinated Scallops, Fresh Vegetables and Herb Mayonnaise, Smoked Salmon Deviled Egg, garnish with Caviar

And VERY glad that this made it over from one of the PC menues (at least that's the frist time I remember seeing it). This was so devine...next time I'm having TWO.

edited to add: And the cumin cilantro dip for the bread....yum!

Am still confused about the order of the menues. I know the 1/17/09 Eastern still started out with the rotational restaurant's them on Saturday night and not the Welcome Aboard menu?

There does not appear to be a "welcome aboard" menu on the eastern Magic at this time. There IS also a captain's gala menu on the Semi-formal night listed on the 7 night eastern Navigatiors.

Looks like the menus on the 7 day eastern are:

Sat: Rotational menu
Sun: Golden Mickey's menu (formal night)
Mon: Rotational menu
Tues: Pirate menu
Wed: last Rotaitonal Menu
Thurs: Captain's Gala (semi-formal night)
Fri: Til We Meet Again

Ok now I am confused! do they no longer serve lobster on the magic? They used to serve it on semi formal night , but I don't see it listed on any of the posted menus. My husband will be sooo disappointed if they took this away!

Ok now I am confused! do they no longer serve lobster on the magic? They used to serve it on semi formal night , but I don't see it listed on any of the posted menus. My husband will be sooo disappointed if they took this away!

It is on the Captain's Gala menu.

Looks like the menus on the 7 day eastern are:

Sat: Rotational menu
Sun: Golden Mickey's menu (formal night)
Mon: Rotational menu
Tues: Pirate menu
Wed: last Rotaitonal Menu
Thurs: Captain's Gala (semi-formal night)
Fri: Til We Meet Again

So what is the the correct order for the Western?

We had a jacked up rotation because of the Super Bowl.. Formal night was moved to Monday, so it was LAPLPAL.

So frustrating to read these menus because everything I might enjoy is paired with something I can't have. Wonder if it is really worth cruising again when there is so little for me to eat.

So frustrating to read these menus because everything I might enjoy is paired with something I can't have. Wonder if it is really worth cruising again when there is so little for me to eat.

What can't you eat? Could you just sub something out?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter