• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's possible, but not guaranteed. I'm sure DCL makes every effort, but there are times where they just can't work that magic.

That's what I figured. Needing two rooms for our family, I would love to be able to grab a deal on a last minute cruise.

From your signature you are looking at two rooms for you and your kids. You would book 2 rooms and link them together. Hopefully they would accommodate if possible. You have to be willing to access the room assignments if not, so I would plan on them not being connected. They will see that the rooms are linked, however you cannot make any requests for accommodations when *GT. If you think the 12/13 year olds good handle a room away, go for it. Chance of connecting rooms 45% chance. But, if you want to book, be one of the first to book so that IF they go by date booked you have a greater chance. IMHO

Thank you for your thoughts on this. Hmm... Wouldn't do anything until after our first cruise in September, anyways. Like I said, just curious. But maybe it is an option - I think the older two would be fine, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Thanks again!

Thank you for your thoughts on this. Hmm... Wouldn't do anything until after our first cruise in September, anyways. Like I said, just curious. But maybe it is an option - I think the older two would be fine, just wouldn't be my first choice.

Thanks again!

Just don't want you to have regrets IF they weren't next to each other. Just like folks to know all of the options and scenarios.

Thanks again!

Also keep in mind that you can sleep in any arrangement that works. All in one room, even, if you don't mind being crowded ;) I would do it for our family of five because right now we have a toddler. But when he needs a bed, I would absolutely to a *GT. If my husband and I have to sleep in separate rooms for a week, I think we can manage. I'll just have to sacrifice and have my own bed...

Also keep in mind that you can sleep in any arrangement that works. All in one room, even, if you don't mind being crowded ;) I would do it for our family of five because right now we have a toddler. But when he needs a bed, I would absolutely to a *GT. If my husband and I have to sleep in separate rooms for a week, I think we can manage. I'll just have to sacrifice and have my own bed...

We had separate rooms on one cruise. We were lucky to get them close together they we're across the hall. My 10 and 11 year old had their own room. I was prepared to split up if need be. If it saves a significant amount of money it's worth it. Like you said having your own bed wouldn't be such a bad thing.

So I am confused cause I just asked the same question a week or so ago about getting two rooms with three kids (6 and twin 3) and it sounded very easy to get to rooms attached. Now I am looking at MTO and *GT rates so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Is one room really big enough for a family of five (no pack-n-play)

So I am confused cause I just asked the same question a week or so ago about getting two rooms with three kids (6 and twin 3) and it sounded very easy to get to rooms attached. Now I am looking at MTO and *GT rates so I am not sure if that makes a difference. Is one room really big enough for a family of five (no pack-n-play)

There are very limited rooms which accommodate 5. It is my understanding that they generally are not bookable with the MTO and GT rates. When you are booking one of these discounted rates, you are agreeing to "get what you get" and you are not guaranteed connecting rooms. If you want guaranteed connecting rooms or a room that sleeps 5, you pretty much have to book the regular rates.

There are very limited rooms which accommodate 5. It is my understanding that they generally are not bookable with the MTO and GT rates. When you are booking one of these discounted rates, you are agreeing to "get what you get" and you are not guaranteed connecting rooms. If you want guaranteed connecting rooms or a room that sleeps 5, you pretty much have to book the regular rates.

GT and MTO rates are for rooms that sleep 4 or less. Sometimes you can't even get one for a family of four. You would need two rooms or pay full price. You are not guaranteed connecting rooms, but I think they will try to give them to you if possible.

GT and MTO rates are for rooms that sleep 4 or less. Sometimes you can't even get one for a family of four. You would need two rooms or pay full price. You are not guaranteed connecting rooms, but I think they will try to give them to you if possible.

Exactly. And as a family of six, we obviously can't entertain the idea of getting one, 5person room. We have to do two rooms and each room only has to sleep 3. So... Scoring a nice GT rate would really help us out, but as I suspected the catch (and there's always a catch) ;) is that the rooms more likely than not won't connect. So, it comes down to: are you feeling lucky, and are you willing to go with a plan B for sleeping arrangements. :)

I haven't forgotten you all, just nothing new again. Here are the discounts for today 5/15/15

*GT (2)
Magic, 9-Night Norwegian Fjord Cruise - A 6/20/2015 IGT $4,000.00 OGT $4,900.00 VGT $7,600.00
Magic, 7 Night Dover to Barcelona 8/3/2015 IGT $3,418.00 OGT $4,158.00 VGT $5,158.00

MTO (1)
Fantasy, 7 Night Eastern Caribbean - A 6/20/2015 MTO/I $0.00 MTO/O $0.00 MTO/V $3,259.00 5A

While it may be true that GT rates are for 4 or less, it is not true for MTO or FLR rates. Sometimes, categories with rooms that sleep 5 are available with MTO and FLR rates. Unlike GT rates, you can choose a specific room (or rooms) with MTO and FLR (unless the category is in GTY). While it doesn't happen often, I have seen 5 person rooms available with MTO and FLR.

I have had a 5 person room with a Fl Res rate.
While it may be true that GT rates are for 4 or less, it is not true for MTO or FLR rates. Sometimes, categories with rooms that sleep 5 are available with MTO and FLR rates. Unlike GT rates, you can choose a specific room (or rooms) with MTO and FLR (unless the category is in GTY). While it doesn't happen often, I have seen 5 person rooms available with MTO and FLR.

Yes, we've actually gotten connecting rooms on a FLR rate. And I've often seen the cat 4s go FLR. We've booked them, too. In fact, we booked two connecting 4Ds once. They both slept 5. We only had 4 people, but it was the same price to get two connecting rooms as one, so we went with it. What a luxury!

If you book onboard, can you use the 10% discount off a MTO rate?
We were told when asking if we could apply to a VGT rate a couple years ago that much like WDW it was only one discount per reservation. So, you would have to choose one or the other. Looking at the prices I'm amazed how much of a discount MTO offers, and i doubt you'd ever come anywhere close to touching that rate with a measly 10% off. Of course, I'd need 10% and then some off the VGT rates coming out lately to come close to affording it! Good luck discount hunting!

We were told when asking if we could apply to a VGT rate a couple years ago that much like WDW it was only one discount per reservation. So, you would have to choose one or the other. Looking at the prices I'm amazed how much of a discount MTO offers, and i doubt you'd ever come anywhere close to touching that rate with a measly 10% off. Of course, I'd need 10% and then some off the VGT rates coming out lately to come close to affording it! Good luck discount hunting!
That's what I figured, but thought I would ask anyway. :-)

That's great. I'm glad you can get room for 5 with other discounts. :)

One last stupid party of 5 question... So the last MTO rate posted was $3,295. So if I need two rooms is it $3,295x2 or considering this includes food and amenities for 4 it would be a different price. Cause $6,590 is about what I would pay for one five person room, full price.

One last stupid party of 5 question... So the last MTO rate posted was $3,295. So if I need two rooms is it $3,295x2 or considering this includes food and amenities for 4 it would be a different price. Cause $6,590 is about what I would pay for one five person room, full price.

If you needed 2 rooms it would be 3295x2 with 2 people in each room. But if you needed 2 rooms for 5 it would be 3295 for the room with 2 and 4500 for the room with 3.

I just looked for a 5 person room for the same cruise that the MTO rate is being offered. There are none available. June 13th has them but they are no where near 6,590. Quote I received was close to 10,800.

I have had a 5 person room with a Fl Res rate.

Did you have 5 people in it? That would be awesome! I've tried several times for a MTO or FLR for 5 and while the Cat 4s are available, it would not let me book 5 people in it.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter