• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Before I search every last page, Justacruiser - from your memory were the lowest rates you saw for 7-n this year on Magic in November? Based on my own memory - that was what I came up with.
And then I believe I saw the lowest rates for Fantasy for late January... can you (or anyone of course) recollect? Does that sound right?

Question , hopefully in right place to ask. Generally speaking, Is it fair to say that the *GT rates are always released before the military or Florida resident rates? Or is it vice versa ? Many thanks in advance

Before I search every last page, Justacruiser - from your memory were the lowest rates you saw for 7-n this year on Magic in November? Based on my own memory - that was what I came up with.
And then I believe I saw the lowest rates for Fantasy for late January... can you (or anyone of course) recollect? Does that sound right?

I haven't looked back through the thread either, but I think December had lower rates for the Magic and Fantasy this year. In the years prior, November seemed to be the cheaper month.

Question , hopefully in right place to ask. Generally speaking, Is it fair to say that the *GT rates are always released before the military or Florida resident rates? Or is it vice versa ? Many thanks in advance
For the EBPC in 2013 the GT rates came out before MTO.

Rates are good from mid September - 15 December except for the Thanksgiving time. And then January - Mid February. Beginning in March they are hit in miss with spring break and then comes summer and you know what happens then, lol.

IMO it really depends on sales, if they only have a few rooms then they could opt for the MTO/FLR rates. If they have more rooms then they can offer the *GT rates. A lot of scenarios play in the question so there is not a real concrete answer. So, I will just say that if they offer the MTO/FLR first, they MAY not offer the *GT. However, if they open the *GT first their COULD be the FLR/MTO rates. You have to watch the availability. It's hard to know when that nice *GT comes out, whether to book or wait for the FLR/MTO. It's always a guess.

Did last year's Southern Caribbean cruises go VGT? Trying to decide if I should book while on board this coming week or wait. It would be for one of the Feb sailings.

Did last year's Southern Caribbean cruises go VGT? Trying to decide if I should book while on board this coming week or wait. It would be for one of the Feb sailings.
Yes all of them did. I'm wondering how I quoted you twice. Every time I post from my phone it gets screwed up.

Last edited:
Looks like barely any discounts this week....really hoping to see some on the double dip in july...In your opinion what do you think? They still look pretty full, got my eye on july24...

we were interested in a concierge room on those cruises but when you book this late, there is no chance for a cabana so we passed.

I thought I saw that concierge was available on some of the double dips still...are you saying you only wanted it to book a cabana?
we were interested in a concierge room on those cruises but when you book this late, there is no chance for a cabana so we passed.

Once you see a military rate or other rate, you can go to the Disney website and type in the discount MTO and search for a party of 5. Do know that there is often NO availability for FLR or military as a party of five but you can book two cabins at that rate instead. I know a great military travel agent who specializes in Disney cruises if you want her name! She'll watch for discounts for you, too.

Thanks! We just got my husbands come home date Aug 25 so we want to sail as soon after that as possible. We can't do two rooms. My kids are 5 and twin 3 yo and I have not seen hubby in like 10 months so I would prefer not to have to split rooms at night.

Once you see a military rate or other rate, you can go to the Disney website and type in the discount MTO and search for a party of 5. Do know that there is often NO availability for FLR or military as a party of five but you can book two cabins at that rate instead. I know a great military travel agent who specializes in Disney cruises if you want her name! She'll watch for discounts for you, too.

I will take that travel agent's # if you can give it to me.

Thanks! We just got my husbands come home date Aug 25 so we want to sail as soon after that as possible. We can't do two rooms. My kids are 5 and twin 3 yo and I have not seen hubby in like 10 months so I would prefer not to have to split rooms at night.

OH, no! I didn't mean split up at night! Like, you book connecting rooms and the kids can sleep in one cabin and you and husband in the other--or you all sleep in one cabin! You can leave the connecting door open if you have kids sleep in the other cabin! It's pretty rare that we see military rates for a family of 5, so I just wanted to give you a different option!

OH, no! I didn't mean split up at night! Like, you book connecting rooms and the kids can sleep in one cabin and you and husband in the other--or you all sleep in one cabin! You can leave the connecting door open if you have kids sleep in the other cabin! It's pretty rare that we see military rates for a family of 5, so I just wanted to give you a different option!

Yes! Just because you book 2 rooms doesn't mean you even have to use the second room for night time. It could be the nap room or the luggage storage room, or whatever. :)

We have three littles as well! What worked great for our family was to get two connecting rooms. The room host gave us two door stoppers that we put on the doors and we kept the doors open at all times. We had our room and the kids had the other room. When they were tired, we just closed their door 1/2 way and shut the lights off. Then we had time to watch tv, talk, order late night room service or whatever. It was nice to have a little bit of privacy but still have all the extra space. Good luck with your booking and thank you and thank you and your family for your service to our Nation. It is most appreciated :)

Really bummed. Looks like they skipped right over June 2015 sailings for FLR and went to July. There are still a lot of verandah rooms on our sailing (June 12th), so I am not sure why they are not offering FLR. Maybe waiting until 30 days out? Not giving up, but prepared not to get it.

Really bummed. Looks like they skipped right over June 2015 sailings for FLR and went to July. There are still a lot of verandah rooms on our sailing (June 12th), so I am not sure why they are not offering FLR. Maybe waiting until 30 days out? Not giving up, but prepared not to get it.

I know...We're shooting for the June 27th cruise but it's not looking very promising right now. You may be right with regards to the 30 days out, but I wonder why are they posting July's sailings now? I guess DCL forecasts for June and they believe they will sell as it's high season...who knows, I still have faith!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter