Current Character Greeting Spots (Who and Where)

if they do, it's not on a consistent regular basis, but i don't think so.

you're guaranteed to see them at the character spot in epcot. they should also be around the mgm hat when those greets are going on (at least in the morning) and i imagine they'd be in the toontown hall of fame but not sure about that either. i have seen them at ropedrop for toontown though

I didn't read this whole thread yet, but just as an FYI (if it hasn't already been mentioned); we saw Clarese with Chip and Dale in front of the hat at MGM in the morning back in May.......

Thanks for the list!

that's my incomplete thought process. i meant seeing him in the teardrop for MNSSH or just in general at LOEMH since it's more of an interactive thing than standard meet & greets.

my geography may be off, but technically i think the teardrop is accessible prior to toontown ropedrop anyway. but i still wouldn't expect him there. when he has been spotted before, he was at the toontown sign on the other side.

Thanks --- we have both events planned too. Kids would love to meet him. I followed your link to the photopass pre-order. I really appreciate your efforts in providing this information.

we did see jesse at al's toy barn with buzz and woody. It's random but she does still appear there....this was 8/14

just wanted to make sure everyone knows that is still the possibility!

I saw another poster mentioned Marie and I recall seeing pictures of her fairly recently? Any idea as to her appearances run?

Can somebody tell me who this Character is? We found him by the Hat but had no idea who he was.

DSCN2305.jpg

stromboli from pinocchio

marie usually appears in france

my educated guess is that there is one villain who appears at the mgm hat. but it's totally random.

stromboli does make rare appearances by exposition hall in MK, where the pinocchio (pinocchio, gepetto, foulfellow and gideon) usually are.

It's not a main site. Characters are very random there. There is no way to know when, and which, characters will be out.

I reread my original post, and I was trying to be circumspect, so I wasn't clear. I didn't mean new characters come out at the teardrop; I meant new friends of the characters. (That was the case when I was a friend two years ago; I don't know if it's still true.)

we did see jesse at al's toy barn with buzz and woody. It's random but she does still appear there....this was 8/14

just wanted to make sure everyone knows that is still the possibility!

Yes, there is a possibility. But not a very good one.

I saw another poster mentioned Marie and I recall seeing pictures of her fairly recently? Any idea as to her appearances run?

There is still no guarantee for Marie, as there are days where she will not be out at all.

Can somebody tell me who this Character is? We found him by the Hat but had no idea who he was.

DSCN2305.jpg

That would be Stromboli, the villian from Pinocchio.

I reread my original post, and I was trying to be circumspect, so I wasn't clear. I didn't mean new characters come out at the teardrop; I meant new friends of the characters. (That was the case when I was a friend two years ago; I don't know if it's still true.)

That's what I meant too. There is no way to know when (or which) characters will be out there.

I know Playhouse Disney Live on Tour (which is an entire different show than Playhouse Disney Live on Stage) will be performing @ MGM during Magical Beginnings this year. It includes Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, My Friends Tigger & Pooh, and Handy Manny . . . so that MIGHT be a possibility for those looking to find Handy Manny. I don't know if the characters do a meet n greet or anything after the show, but if they did Handy Manny would probably be out. The show is being performed September 13-16 at 10am, 11:15am, 12:15pm, and 1:45pm at Coaster Concert Stage near Rock n Roller Coaster at MGM. The show is free w/park admission.

FancyBrat, do you remember the approximate time you saw Stromboli & Marie? :)

It was mid afternoon.... but what we found was that every hour a group of characters came out and sometimes they were the same ones as before but quite a few were new ones. Was frustrating when we wanted certain ones but missed them and they didn't come out the next time. Was alot of unusual ones we're not used to seeing. At least not at Disneyland. They only were out very short periods of time due to the heat and before you knew it the lines were closed. I should have ran around and just took their pic's but the girls wanted pic's with them.

there's also a playhouse disney EMH dance party that takes place during evening EMH in soundstage 5 / PHDL building. i mention this because several characters rotate in, including rolie polie olie and zoe.

Is Handy Manny ever at this dance party? I would LOVE to get DS's picture with Handy Manny in September! (I hear HM is going to start appearing in the parks as of November, but I won't be back then!)

ETA, I guess Sorcerer Mickey is nowhere to be found now?

Is Handy Manny ever at this dance party? I would LOVE to get DS's picture with Handy Manny in September! (I hear HM is going to start appearing in the parks as of November, but I won't be back then!)

ETA, I guess Sorcerer Mickey is nowhere to be found now?

As of now he is not.

And no, Sorcerer Mickey is currently not out.

Great thread! This will be very useful on my upcoming trip.:thumbsup2

Can anyone tell me if they are still doing the EMH Dance Party at Playhouse Disney? This is something I would definately love to attend with my three year old ds.:woohoo:

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter