Current Character Greeting Spots (Who and Where)

I had heard that you could ask CM's about where certain characters could be found,that they could "radio in" and find out, but the few I asked said they couldn't...and seemed put out that I was asking-any tips ?

Either go to GR, or to a merchandise location that has a phone. They can call.

I had heard that you could ask CM's about where certain characters could be found,that they could "radio in" and find out, but the few I asked said they couldn't...and seemed put out that I was asking-any tips ?

attractions also have phones. without even asking, one CM got on the phone at star tours and made a call for me. you may run into CMs who don't know (although they're supposed to) or don't want to do it, so they'll just assume you don't know as much as they do.

i just call with my cell, but i don't feel you need to go halfway across the park to get an answer either.

the number in question is the CHIP line (Character Hotline and Information Program) and it was created solely for this purpose. so there should be no CM unfamiliar with it or willing to call, barring safety issues.

CMs should also have something called a Tell-a-cast on them which is a booklet of schedule information, most of which is not published on the times guides.

not really stuff guests should know about, but there are some things as tiny as this that a CM shouldn't really have the privilege of denying a guest.

Bradk Thank you so much for the info. I will be trying it out in a few weeks!
I'm hoping that knowing the "code" will help me out :thumbsup2

bradk -- thanks so much for the list!

The teardrop at Toontown -- can you explain where this is?

Do Chicken Little and Abby have a regular schedule?

Thanks!!

bradk -- thanks so much for the list!

The teardrop at Toontown -- can you explain where this is?

Do Chicken Little and Abby have a regular schedule?

Thanks!!

It is right near the train station in Toontown, on the other side of Mickey's house.

And Chicken Little and Abby are currently not out.

Does anyone have info on Sorcerer Mickey? He is my favorite and I was really hoping to get a picture with Sorcerer Mickey and the whole family in December. Thanks in advance for any info!

Does anyone have info on Sorcerer Mickey? He is my favorite and I was really hoping to get a picture with Sorcerer Mickey and the whole family in December. Thanks in advance for any info!

He is currently not out, not since his location was shut down.

wow - great list. Thanks.

I personally have found MGM in front of the hat areas (various spots on side entrances going up to the hat as well) the best spot for random appearances. My youngest fell asleep one afternoon, and hubby and I had coffee and chatted with some relatives we'd met - spent an hour and a half just sitting and resting while babe napped - scads of characters appeared there (in 4 corners that we could see while we sat) and they seemed to rotate out every half hour or so.

wow - great list. Thanks.

I personally have found MGM in front of the hat areas (various spots on side entrances going up to the hat as well) the best spot for random appearances. My youngest fell asleep one afternoon, and hubby and I had coffee and chatted with some relatives we'd met - spent an hour and a half just sitting and resting while babe napped - scads of characters appeared there (in 4 corners that we could see while we sat) and they seemed to rotate out every half hour or so.

They don't do that anymore. Not since the HSM show came out at MGM.

wow - that's too bad. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't gone to the parks since I was 6 mos. preggo with my now 1.5 year old - taking her to the parks with DD who's 8 next month. I appreciate you letting me know about the change. Will have to correct some planning I had in mind.

wow - that's too bad. Thanks for letting me know. I haven't gone to the parks since I was 6 mos. preggo with my now 1.5 year old - taking her to the parks with DD who's 8 next month. I appreciate you letting me know about the change. Will have to correct some planning I had in mind.

Don't get me wrong, characters still come out at the Hat. They just don't come out as much, and as long.

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago the Toontown Teardrop was a main site for new friends of the characters -- which meant, if you were lucky, you could meet characters you might not normally see.

the teardrop is actually where the little einsteins made their debut in 2005 during MNSSH.

which is precisely why i'm hoping that in sept, i'll see handy manny there. if not during mnssh then maybe during loemh

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but a few years ago the Toontown Teardrop was a main site for new friends of the characters -- which meant, if you were lucky, you could meet characters you might not normally see.

It's not a main site. Characters are very random there. There is no way to know when, and which, characters will be out.

We saw some characters located at the teardrop area in Toontown on Wednesday, August 22 at approximately 2:20PM. We were approaching the train stop at Toontown when we saw them. By the time we made a move to go to the teardrop area, the characters were heading back inside.

We saw Max, Darkwing Duck, Brer Bear, the Sheriff of Nottingham, the tiger king from Robin Hood (his name escapes me), Big Al from the Country Bears, another sleepy looking Country Bear (don't know his name).

Wow thanks for such a great list. I will be printing this out to take with me in 2 Weeks.

Beth:love:

Does anyone know if the Ratatouille characters are out every day and if so what are the times they are out or are they always out?? Thanks a bunch.:goodvibes

I don't know how often it changes, but this past week the characters at the Epcot Character Spot were Mickey, Stitch, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy (in that order -- in case you feel like leaving halfway through!!)

the teardrop is actually where the little einsteins made their debut in 2005 during MNSSH.

which is precisely why i'm hoping that in sept, i'll see handy manny there. if not during mnssh then maybe during loemh

Toontown is open during LOEMH? I thought it was just Fantasyland.

What time is the best time to catch characters at the Toontown Teardrop? Thanks for your help!

that's my incomplete thought process. i meant seeing him in the teardrop for MNSSH or just in general at LOEMH since it's more of an interactive thing than standard meet & greets.

my geography may be off, but technically i think the teardrop is accessible prior to toontown ropedrop anyway. but i still wouldn't expect him there. when he has been spotted before, he was at the toontown sign on the other side.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter