• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising with a DUI

yes, me :) thank you, ok, so-called waiver per Carnival is TRP and no, you cannot get it a few weeks prior your cruise, you must plan 4 months average and is not guaranteed you will even be approved, you can get TRP at the border if it is emergency, there are some states you can become rehabilitated after some times and some state that no matter how long ago the crime occurred, you always can have a problem, however, I cannot imaging considering the ship capacity they will automatically throw out everyone who has ever had DUI record. That being said - may be they run a report yo show any criminal convictions (dismissal / withdrawal does not count) within past 5 years - flag those "guests", anything else will be dismissed and let on the ship, I don't know - I am hysterical at the moment but definitely will go back and repost - people want to know and hear real stories, Unless i warn in advance by the cruise that my husband will be denied 100%, i will try to board him a ship, just the whole thing is sad because many of us here to see Alaska not Canada, and because of some over 100 years old law which I don't even know why we need in the first place especially now for cruise ships not traders, we need to suffer, I personally don't have any criminal record so not that 50% f population suffer but think of situations and there are so many! a family - big family, one member is in question from 20 years old DUI, people where I know most likely will be admitted, those who are less patient, decides just quit and go to Caribbean instead, no one wants to just for 4 hours in Canada apply and wait for TRP and Canada to decide let go or not let go or take chances, they must come up with some alternative to the issue as I mentioned - something like a sealed bus if they don't want to change 100 years old needless law, or design something specifically for cruise ship passengers - something where we can calculate if Alaska cruise is worth or not, not some assumptions and guesses, there got to be something, i really think if there is a 20 years old DUI and you don't plan on driving in Canada with a proof of itinerary that you do go back home immediately, I don't see any risk to the country, however with so much uncertainty, people don't want to risk.
If someone has a 20 year old DUI maybe they should apply for a pardon then its pretty much a non issue. If they don't want to be bothered doing that and going through the paperwork then they shouldn't complain that a country trying to keep their citizens safe would deny entry. If there is a question about someone may or may not get in then I wouldn't blame the country for not allowing entry, I would just not plan the trip. If this were my family and one of the members were refused entry then they would go home, we would go on. Not my mess to clean up.
Also, just as an FYI, Canada certainly does
have a presumption of innocence until proven guilty. Doesn't mean they have to let anyone in though. Its all about safety when all is said and done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter