• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

Hi Suzanne, I did reply above. Unfortunately I had already finalised the groups and sent them to DCL before I saw your post. You should be able to book onto a mixology session on board though, sorry about that.

No problem. We haven't really been watching the board and missed the final call. See you in Diversions!

I might come to the hello in diversions. We will see. I know a few crew members on board so I was going to try to say hi to them before drill and after I have lunch. Still I would love to meet you all, so I always have my dodgers hat on 90% of the time during the day. I will on occasion wear a DVC hat. Also you guys know were to find me at night.

For the gamers and drinkers:

Here's the list of games I'll have with me next week (! Are we really this close?!? The last one might be of interest to drinkers!):

7 Wonders with Leaders and Cities expansions;
Knee Jerk;
Pairs;
Panamax;
Sheriff of Nottingham;
Spyfall;
Star Munchkin; and
Swinging Jive Cat Voodoo Lounge;

So, the last game on the list above contains cards each with a different cocktail recipe. I'd like to get a picture of each card next to the actual drink, but with a little more than 54 of these kind of cards, i'm obviously going to need a little help what with that! :)

There maybe a few more games, but this looks to be a healthy list already!

Roy

You guys I work for a major bank. Call your bank and let them know not only your travel dates but also the places we will be. Also a lot of times if you have your accts at the same place you have your credit card you have to call twice. Just because its notated on your acct/debit card does not mean they will not block your credit card, so ask. Just because you called does not mean they will not still block your card so get the international phone numbers just in case.

This may have already been asked and answered but I can't find it. Does anyone know if there is more than one formal or semiformal night? Just curious as we pack our bags. We haven't done a cruise this long before.

Another question for us newbies...Where do I enter the stuff that shows up at the end of my posts? Many of you have lists of trips or cool graphics. Where in the settings is that?

This may have already been asked and answered but I can't find it. Does anyone know if there is more than one formal or semiformal night? Just curious as we pack our bags. We haven't done a cruise this long before.

2 formal nights and 1 semi formal night

Another question for us newbies...Where do I enter the stuff that shows up at the end of my posts? Many of you have lists of trips or cool graphics. Where in the settings is that?

Go up to the top of the page and find your username, which will open up a selection of items. Choose the one for signature and you can add whatever you want! The graphic countdowns come from other websites. You can probably click on one to go to the site where it's from.

You can also click on someone's graphic that you like at the bottom and the link comes up. That is the way I usually do mine, I didn't know Erin's way but do now.

For the gamers and drinkers:

Here's the list of games I'll have with me next week (! Are we really this close?!? The last one might be of interest to drinkers!):

7 Wonders with Leaders and Cities expansions;
Knee Jerk;
Pairs;
Panamax;
Sheriff of Nottingham;
Spyfall;
Star Munchkin; and
Swinging Jive Cat Voodoo Lounge;

Roy

Wow. That's cool. I've never heard of a single one of these. You are indeed a gamer. Hats off to you. :)

Apologies if a thread was started, but I could not find it.

So, here it is for now - we are booked!

Ken & DW Debbie, 6110

I'll reserve a couple pages for Roll Call and activities.

Hi there
My husband and I (Derek and Anna) are from Toronto Canada and we are booked on the cruise, but only found this forum today.
This is our second Disney Cruise and loved the first one ( Alaska) . We will be by ourselves and would love to meet others to go on tour with.
Is there a list of tours that are being organized and not full yet? Thank you Happy Toe ( HappyFeet has been taken)

Hi there
My husband and I (Derek and Anna) are from Toronto Canada and we are booked on the cruise, but only found this forum today.
This is our second Disney Cruise and loved the first one ( Alaska) . We will be by ourselves and would love to meet others to go on tour with.
Is there a list of tours that are being organized and not full yet? Thank you Happy Toe ( HappyFeet has been taken)

Happy Toe again, forgot to mention our SR 2639

I might be up for that night drinking game. Just a program note. Probably on the night we are in Cabo the show in the theater will be the Crew Talent show.

Welcome Happy Toe. I wasn't doing much organizing for this trip so I'm not sure of any disboards group excursions. My DW and I are by ourselves too. We're just doing Disney excursions. I'm too much of a chicken about getting left behind.

I'll go back and look at the first posts to see if they've collected the various items that have been arranged. But perhaps the most important is our Meet and Greet at 2pm at Diversions.

Yup. Back on post #4 there's most of everything collected.

I'm getting so excited. But I haven't even really started packing. Can't get any time with Kim to do it... :scared:

Ok, I thought I could turn off my over-planning but one question keeps bugging me that I was unable to search the forums for and I can't find on the Disney site.

Do we get an official sit-down breakfast time? Or am I just thinking that there's an official breakfast restaurant and the time doesn't matter? All I can clearly remember is our dining staff telling us where breakfast will be the next day. Apparently I need to do more Disney cruises if I cannot recall details like this, right?

Assuming there's a time, if we are doing main dining, what time would it be? I keep thinking 830am but that seems too late for the next group.

Thanks in advance.

The only day you get an official breakfast time/place is on the last morning. It's the same restaurant you ate at the last night and the time is based on your dining time. You can also go to the buffet the last morning. Other than that, you can eat wherever breakfast is served, whenever it is available. :) For main dining the time was pretty early. I want to say in the 7am neighborhood, maybe even a little bit earlier than that.

Oh, and also for the character dining, everyone is assigned a time and place, but that is more random.

All packed now :mickeyjum, travelling Thursday, only two days left at work :cool1:.
Well not packed yet but I too only have two more days of work. Flying on Thursday as well. Not looking forward to much to that. Flight is at 5:40 in the morning. I normally go to sleep at 5. So Thursday is going to suck. The coolest thing though is since I am a trainer at work I have two trainees so for the last week or so I have had people to do my job for me and I still get paid.

We have just had 4 nights up at Universal Orlando having a fun time. Really enjoyed it and our hotel, the Royal Pacific. Drove down to Miami today and settled in our apartment in South Beach. Due some thunderstorms but very hot!

Not long now. Happy packing and safe travels.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter