Cruising Adult Duo!

Danielletx

Earning My Ears
I apologize if I am not supposed to start a new thread. I am having struggles with the search function. (Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?)

My mother and I are trying to plan a Disney cruise out of Galveston. She thinks we may be to old. That we may not enjoy ourselves with tons of kids. I am 27. Does anyone have any persuading statements I can throw her way? I have been dreaming of a Disney cruise for a while. I even had a dream I was shot and was able to go on the cruise as my last wish! :lmao:

Thank you for your help!!

There is no way you are too old! I'm probably about the age of your mom since I have a DD 29 and DS 25. The three of us are about to take our 3rd Disney cruise out of Galveston next month and we are beyond excited!!

There is something for everyone on a Disney cruise. The children are usually busy in the kids clubs, so you won't find that the ship generally feels over-run with kids.

I say book it! You will have an incredible time!

There are areas on the ship that are for adults only. There's a whole pool, a cafe, and an "evening" district (after 9 PM) that is only for adults. Plus an adult-only restaurant, Palo (which does cost extra). and an adult only beach at Castaway Cay if you're going there - which is not even close to the family beach.

Even some of the port excursions have started to offer adult-only departures.

My mom (59) and I (40) went on a Disney cruise in Sept by ourselves. She loved it!

I normally sail with my husband and kids but they could not get out of work or school.

I went on a 14 night DCl transatlantic by myself. There was plenty of activities and I had a great time.

We just got home last week from an 8 night Magic cruise out of Galveston. (14 family members).

I apologize if I am not supposed to start a new thread. I am having struggles with the search function. (Maybe someone can point me in the right direction?)

My mother and I are trying to plan a Disney cruise out of Galveston. She thinks we may be to old. That we may not enjoy ourselves with tons of kids. I am 27. Does anyone have any persuading statements I can throw her way? I have been dreaming of a Disney cruise for a while. I even had a dream I was shot and was able to go on the cruise as my last wish! :lmao:

Thank you for your help!!

My Husband and I had our honeymoon on a Disney cruise, took a Disney cruise in Jan of this year, and have our anniversary trip planned for Sept this year on a Disney Cruise. I have never felt that it was crowded with kids...we swam in the adult section because the main pools were swamped, we enjoyed the spa, had drinks on the top decks, explored the clubs and enjoyed the whole ship only really seeing kids in passing to the shops, the shows, meals and photos before dinner...even castaway cay we went to the adult beach and didn't see any children. The atmosphere is also not overly bearing Disney, there is the eye for detail but its not cartoons 24/7.

You are never too old for a Disney cruise. I am close to 50 and have cruised solo on six Disney cruises with four more scheduled. I enjoy the shows, adult pool area, spa, relaxing in the cafe, enjoying a meal at Palo and various port adventures. I am a little adrenaline junkie so my port excursions typically include scuba diving, hiking, zip-lining, kayaking, etc but they are plenty of other excursions available for every age or interest.

DH and I have no kids and are early 40-somethings. The last cruise we took, my mom went with us. Our next cruise is the Panama Canal. You will find plenty to do and are NOT too old.

DH and I have been on three Disney cruises as adults, no kids and love them. The adults only areas are fantastic and I love the family feel of the Disney ships. Disney does an excellent job of offering spaces and activities for adults only. We've done wine tastings, animation classes, enjoyed Palo and Remy, and the night club area.

One area people worry about is who you are seated with at dinner. Disney does a pretty good job of matching people up. We've always been seated with other adults only couples and it's been enjoyable getting to know other people.

My DH and I sail with Disney all the time without kids, and I am 60+. I never thought once about being too old until one time when we were in the security line at the airport and this lady asked where we were going and when I told her the Disney cruise, she asked where the kids were!!! My DH and I just laughed.

My Mom and I sailed on Disney a few years ago and she had just turned 80.

Ask her to try it once and to travel with an open mind.

Of the 21 DCL cruises I've done, 8 of them have been just myself and my husband and another one was just me and my friend. Plenty for adults traveling without children [kiddies, not 27 year old children ;) ] to do. Like everyone has said:

*adult only pool
*the spa
*Palo brunch & dinner (for an extra fee)
*adult only shows/clubs in the evenings
*adult only activities such as drink tastings & cooking classes, etc.
*possibly adult only excursions.

I say go for it! You and your mom will not regret it. Mickey promise! ::MickeyMo :sail:

You are never too old for a Disney Cruise. I am an empty nester and have been on 2 Disney cruises and have booked another one for next February. I am in my fifties and my husband is in his sixties. That was my worry as well. If you go during the school year there will probably be less kids. As another poster said they do have adult sections. We also booked for the late dining time. Go for it. You will love it.

We are 67 and 68 and going on our 11th Disney Cruise next month. We are sailing to Alaska, and after the cruise we are flying to Disneyland. You are never too old for Disney.
Michele

I took my mom on a Disney cruise last year....she, at 79 loved it. I have been on 29 DCL cruises so I also love it and my kids who are now 25, 28, 29 also love it and went with us last June on the Fantasy. They have been on numerous DCL cruises with us in the past (when they were younger) and were so excited to go back again.

Tell her you guys are definitely not too old. There are plenty of adult only spaces to enjoy.

Have fun...you won't regret going.

Hubby and I often go with just us (most recently in Feb).

MJ

Thank you everyone for your responses!! We both love Disney and we were just worried that it may not be as adult friendly. you have eased my mind. Let's hope we can figure it out! Thank you! Thank you!

Agree with all the posts: you are not too old and there is so much to do for grown ups and it is not overbearlingly (is that a word??) kid oriented. Can't wait for the time when DH and I, or my sister and I, can do a Disney Cruise without kiddos. We would enjoy the dining, the spa, the shows, the promenade deck, the adults only pool etc. And based on trip reports on other lines, many seem to feel DCL has more beautiful ships and better service, even without kids it would be my first choice. Do it do it do it!

My husband and I are sailing the Fantasy in the fall. First Disney Cruise without the kids. Youngest daughter starting college, this is our present to ourselves and are very excited to cruise only as two adults. Kids are not happy, they love DCL, too.

DH and I are heading out on the Magic next month for our first adult only cruise. When I told my dad, he said "it won't be Disney, will it?". And I said "of course, why not!?!"

We've been on 3 with the kids but really looking forward to trying out the adult only sections and pools! In 29 nights at sea with Disney, we've been in the adult area (other than 1 Palo brunch and 1 Palo dinner) a total of 20 minutes and we have yet step foot in an adult pool!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

you are so not too old!

My mom & I do a mom/daughter vacation every year and we will be doing our third cruise on Disney in September 2014 and at that time we will be 41 and 67. My mom loves the Disney ships and looks foward to going every other year plus we have also gone to WDW and DL (just the two fo us).

She will have a fantastic time as will you!

This has become a roll call of sorts so I'll check in. I am just north of 40 and DW just south. We have 2 sons but they do not cruise with us. They prefer to go to WDW. The cruises are special for us. We married at WDW and sailed the Magic for our honeymoon in 2000. We have since done other DCL cruises. They are getaways for "adult-time". Ironic isn't it?:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter