Cruisin' a DREAM and WDW July 2-July 15th TR updated 1/25:Final Entry! page 15

Slips in quietly to avoid being noticed.
QUOTE]
Uh, huh...:sail: I'm keepin' my eye on you troublemaker!

We are in stateroom 8594, also Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah. DH (Jay) and I (Amy) are cruising with first mates DD13 (LouAnn) and DS11 (Ethan) and joining in on the FE exchange (thanks to your wife). Let's see how many more () I can add. Hmmm.... (This is our first family cruise)
Can't wait to meet y'all and everyone else!
Nice! Welcome aboard. Now I think I'm hijacking the cruise meets thread. Ack! Ah well. It is what it is!

I usually don't read many ptr's but you guys are too much fun! Planning on a December 2011 cruise on the Dream... 4 nighter much better than the 3 nighter. Looking forward to more banter... get those neighbors back in too! lol! popcorn::
LOL...I'm sure they will weigh back in. I'll harrass them into it. Apparently DFH might be too drunk to do so. Actually we are on tap to drink some beer and build our tolerances this weekend. Nice! :thumbsup2

Cabin 6516 here. I guess that cover the 6th, 7th, and 8th floors, who's next.
I may try to start a trip report, but I still am not good at posting pictures. And, what's a good trip report without pictures!
(Also, I'm not a good lead - I need somebody to play off of. Otherwise, I'm just worthless.)

Now, DZ about this trip report, sooo, what's the plan????

I say we figure out how to take over the teen area. It looks like a lot of fun.

I was looking at pictures of the giant floor screen to play games on in the kids area. I wonder, can we get one of those screens on each wall and the ceiling. It could be the first real life version of StarTrek's holodeck. Put the floor on something similar to the Star Tours mechanism. Thinkk of the games we could play. Of course, this would be available only to the adults - we need our play area too. Not just a pool to hang out at that has limited access by the children.
I like the idea of tag-team. I can lead and you can interject your comments throughout. However I reserve the right to cut you off at any time. :)

I think you are onto something with the holodeck. Surely Disney could figure out a way to make that happen on a cruise ship, right? I believe that in the name of science we definately need to take over the teen area. If you have read my past TR's, you know that I don't always believe the rules apply to me. Don't they always say there is an exception to every rule? that's me! :banana:

Okay, "I do solemnly swear I am up to no good." BUT, I will be good and not usurp a trip report.

Now, back to that holodeck idea - number 1, make it so.
Where did you go???

I need a "I survived Poop Patrol" tshirt. Now on to the next issue. Wondering what that would be????:laughing:
ewwwwwwwwwwwww...now that was an image I could have done without at 7:30am. I'm picturing you with chopsticks carefully...ew...well I'll stop there. :lmao:

I guess we're the first for deck 9! I believe we're in 9043 & 9045. DH has the reservation info somewhere, I just get to go!! It will be the 5 of us DH, myself, DD turning 21 on first CC day (or midnight the day we get on the ship, we will be in one of the bars celebrating with a drink!), DS19, DS18. Looking forward to exploring the new ship!
Nice! what a great wa to celebrate turning 21! I'll happy drink to that. Oh wait, I'll happily drink to almost anything. :drinking1

BTW -- Happy Star Wars Day!
I didn't know there was a Star Wars day. DS8 asked me on the way to lacrosse last night why they don't make another Star Wars movie. I couldn't answer. Why don't they??? Crazy....there are enough ideas out there...look at all the books. That also speaks to the continued popularity....geez!

Sorry, couldn't resist! Just happy to have power back on here in Alabama!

Glad you have lights again. That sucks. I remember several years ago when we lost power for a week. That was aweful...amazing how much you use...and don't even think about it!

Thanks for weighing in everyone. I really need to do another real entry! Maybe! Happy Mothers Day to all the moms out there!

DZ

Come on now...none of us truely believes you carry around a halo. I, of course, do...but you? :)

all recovered from your trip???

:rotfl::rotfl2::rotfl: PALEEZEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! If, for argument sake, people were to actually believe that you have a halo, they would KNOW that it's held up horns. Mine, to the contrary is pure!

Yes. Plan on starting to scrap all the pictures this weekend.

The bad news is, however, that I'm already counting down the days until 03/22/12 and it's triple digits! :(

Sorry, I was reading the boards on Friday, but no time to post. I logged in, but work just kept getting in the way.

We found our conflct with this cruise, but we are staying on. My DD and DS get involved in summer theater every year. The schedules came out on Friday - DD would have dress rehearsals while we are on this cruise. BIG drama. Tried to find a way around, but can't. DD has decided, cruise stays, she'll do something other than have one of the major parts in the play. All this, and we have the schedule, but don't even know what the play is!

When we scheduled this, we followed the past three years of schedules, and this week should not have been a conflict, but they changed directors. Ahhhhhhhh!

Anyway, did the weekend warrior thing, put up some fencing, cut grass, cut tree limbs, worked on lawn tractor. I can barely move. Although, if I keep this up, maybe I'll get in a little shape before hitting Castaway Cay.
I do get tired of the kids comming up to me laying on the beach and yelling - "we can save it, push it back in the water! Keep the blow hole up!!" You'd think they could tell a blow hole from a belly button.

Proud of DD, she cut some of the lawn. At 10 and barely enough weight to keep the tractor going, I didn't really want her to do it, but the smile on her face while she was cutting was priceless. She took twice as long, and used twice the amout of gas necessary, but she was so proud of herself. I had to sneak behind her back to get to the front yard, and the rest of the back yard will wait until next week. Our yard takes 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours to cut.

Thought I'd check in and see what everyone else is doing. Ah oh - person standing in office doorway. I feel I'm about to have to go . . .

Sorry, I was reading the boards on Friday, but no time to post. I logged in, but work just kept getting in the way.

We found our conflct with this cruise, but we are staying on. My DD and DS get involved in summer theater every year. The schedules came out on Friday - DD would have dress rehearsals while we are on this cruise. BIG drama. Tried to find a way around, but can't. DD has decided, cruise stays, she'll do something other than have one of the major parts in the play. All this, and we have the schedule, but don't even know what the play is!

When we scheduled this, we followed the past three years of schedules, and this week should not have been a conflict, but they changed directors. Ahhhhhhhh!

Anyway, did the weekend warrior thing, put up some fencing, cut grass, cut tree limbs, worked on lawn tractor. I can barely move. Although, if I keep this up, maybe I'll get in a little shape before hitting Castaway Cay.
I do get tired of the kids comming up to me laying on the beach and yelling - "we can save it, push it back in the water! Keep the blow hole up!!" You'd think they could tell a blow hole from a belly button.

Proud of DD, she cut some of the lawn. At 10 and barely enough weight to keep the tractor going, I didn't really want her to do it, but the smile on her face while she was cutting was priceless. She took twice as long, and used twice the amout of gas necessary, but she was so proud of herself. I had to sneak behind her back to get to the front yard, and the rest of the back yard will wait until next week. Our yard takes 3 1/2 to 4 1/2 hours to cut.

Thought I'd check in and see what everyone else is doing. Ah oh - person standing in office doorway. I feel I'm about to have to go . . .

Well FF, at least you and I can be two beached whales. Maybe the kids will tire quickly of trying to push *both* of us into the water.

As this is my PTR, I've been remiss in posting. Now that I think about it, perhaps I didn't need to do a PTR. Perhaps I'm just wasting everyone's time. I'm picturing the folks who are not on our cruise reading this saying:

"I want my money back!"

Fortunately, for all of you out there that are like this...I do offer a 110% money back guarantee. Seriously. Just let me know on here how much you paid and I'll drop a check in the mail. :thumbsup2

I, too, had a taxing weekend. DS12 had a football camp over the weekend in New Jersey. So we had to drive 5 hours down...which isn't a big deal. However we had to be at the camp by 7:15am each morning. ACK! :scared1: that means we had to get up even earlier than we do during the school week. That's just wrong. Weekends are meant for sleeping!

I also had it in my thick old cranium that I'd get lots of time to sit back and read my book which he was working hard in camp. But noooooo, I'm a lunatic and actually enjoyed watching and video taping his stuff (he is a quarterback).

I am watching myself slowly turn into one of "those dads". Scary. but I want so much for him to succeed...so want to give him every opportunity I can. I *am* trying to be careful not to push him too hard...and I have told him time and again that this needs to be his dream...not mine. I definately don't want to take it that far...living my youth through him! Ha!

It was a great weekend...but exhausting and I'm still not recovered.

Nothing much to report on a cruise front, we did officially check in and got our Palo night (no brunch as there is only one sea day and it was all booked up...crazy platinum people!). We will try for brunch once we board. I'm a big fan of brunch. Partly why I'm a beached whale! :rolleyes1

DZ

it is probably a good thing that the Soccer family and the Beano-RonnieJo family are not on this cruise anymore. I don't think the Dream would survive :rotfl2:

Well add in the 10th floor -- DCL has given us 10106 :cool1: So I will be working off my desserts and grown up drinks by walking up the stairs to my staterooms (don't like elevators).

It will be me (sans husband and son -- they will be in Africa), my sister (the bookstore manager -- this is her first cruise), DD13 (cheerleader, dancer, reader, Amazon), DD10 (equestrian, swimmer, future vet), DD8 (equestrian, swimmer, future marine biologist -- she wants to see sharks at CC). This is the girls and my 3rd Disney cruise.

I planned this vacation on short notice when DH informed me that he and DS were going to Africa on safari for DS's 16th birthday. We are going to WDW for 3 nights afterwards and staying at Saratoga Springs (DVC members). DH and I are probably buying more points while I am on board so I will be carrying that power of attorney also!

I see you live in Austin. Love that city! We are going to be visiting a friend of ours who lives there in 2 weeks. We'll also be doing a day at Schlitterbahn!

I see you live in Austin. Love that city! We are going to be visiting a friend of ours who lives there in 2 weeks. We'll also be doing a day at Schlitterbahn!

Hey there! My 13yo DD wants to get her cruise buddy set up before the trip, maybe we can do a quick meetup in Austin and let the girls meet and exchange emails, cell numbers and what not.

Let me know and send me a private message if your daughter needs a cruise buddy.

this can't be all the posts. I go away for training for a few days, and things go silent and still???:confused3

Disneyzell, what's up? 39 days until we sail away. Are we taking the ship? Is there a plan? Oh, never mind. I get it, changes in attitudes don't take effect UNTIL changes in latitudes! Naw, that can't be right, not with this group. Last one to port pays for the first meal!pirate:

I know....DH has been slacking! However, because we just sold our house, we have had a lot to do...and lots of stress b/c of inspections, etc. We almost have everything in place for the sale to go through, so hopefully it will be a little less stressful going forward!

I have about half of my f/e gifts done, and hopefully I'll be able to finish most of them up this week. I am supposed to be making shirts for our Disney World portion of the trip, but we'll see how that goes. I just can't wait to be down in Florida relaxing...who knew that WDW could turn out to be a relaxing trip when you are selling your house!

Anything is relaxing compared to that....I am wrapping up the school year and I am so stressed....I NEED a vacation.

Where did everybody go????

Summer swim team, cheerleading, tumbling, dyslexia tutor, summer Spanish tutor, horseback riding, physical therapy (DS 16 suffered a sports related back injury 12-09 still rehabbing). What happened to a relaxing summer vacation?

Soccer and Volleyball camps next week, VBS week after that, then packing!!!!!!

Have to drive up to Wichita, KS weekend after next for company picnic (if you hear 4 kids groaning those are mine) but since DH is one of the big bosses it is kind of one of those things.

We did sports physicals this week, got prescriptions taken care of so we don't have timing issues with vacations, had all the ACs checked, verified dog boarding, cat sitting, yada yada yada.

I need to be sitting in a lounge chair with a good book in one hand and a grownup drink in the other. Is it July 10th yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter