• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruisin' a DREAM and WDW July 2-July 15th TR updated 1/25:Final Entry! page 15

dededisney, getting your own name is a sacrifice? Now come on, his shadow isn't that big that you can't step into the lime light, is it?

Anyway, I can pretty much count on the fact that as my DW drives away in the car, I will shortly recieve a phone call, with instructions. Sometimes, I feel like answering with a code name: "Yes, .. this is 00X, what is problem? What are instructions? (Please repeat with best Boris and Natasha accent) Where are moose and squirrel?" Speaking of squirrel, I see one - drop phone, move on to next distraction. Forget what was requested. Sheepish look when she returns and I forgot. Kind of a wash rinse repeat cycle. And yet she stays with me.

Of course, I agree, maybe if I get off my lazy behind and try to be pro-active. However, I learned much from a guy named Pavlov - I do something, she re-does the something. I do something else, it gets re-done. I learn to wait for instructions. It is less time consuming to be told to do something and in what order than to do it and watch it be re-done.

I'm at the bottom of the hill that stuff rolls down from. Even the kids are on higher ground. Is that too much like venting? Anyway, we're going on a cruise. Let others complain. We will be drinking and making merry in 79 days.
Holy crap that was funny. It's like seeing my life brought before me. Ha!

"I do something - she re-does something. I do something else, it gets re-done. I learn to wait for instructions". Oh man...

You might not be permitted to post on my TR much longer...your much funnier than I am! :lmao:

DZ

ok, so I need to set something straight here. While I make fun of DW from time to time..let me be clear that she means the world to me. Without her I'd be deeply in debt, standing in lines up to my eyeballs, my dog would probably starve...my kids would...well who knows what would happen to them. But more importantly I'd be bored out of my mind.

This will sound cheesy, but she is truely my best friend. She's the person that is there when I wake up...and there when I go to sleep. When I travel she's the reason I can't sleep as well...when she's gone...it's the same.

Is she perfect? maybe not...but lord knows I'm not. There have been many times I've wondered why she married me to begin with...I'm a very lucky man.

sorry about the Sap folks...and you don't need hip waders either!

Love you DeDe. :thumbsup2

DZ

Seriously, DW needs to get her own nickname! :)

Yes, I take on the blame...I have broad shoulders. Though I'm rarely actually at faul.

I do agree with DW, though Camikey, blame the kid...when in doubt, blame the kid! :thumbsup2

is this your first cruise? and have you joined the cruise meet thread yet?

DZ

Oh, I'm blaming the kid. Yesterday she swallowed a glass bead/marble thing that she got in an egg at the egg hunt. Why it was in there I have no idea. :scared1: So now I get to be on Poop patrol. :sad2: UUUGGGHHHH!!!!

Oh, I'm blaming the kid. Yesterday she swallowed a glass bead/marble thing that she got in an egg at the egg hunt. Why it was in there I have no idea. :scared1: So now I get to be on Poop patrol. :sad2: UUUGGGHHHH!!!!

ACK! that does not sound like fun. I don't think we ever had to do poop patrol, so apparently we were very lucky!

Congrats on your first Disney Cruise...as you can obviously tell we are big fans. But I will tell you that we priced out Royal Carribean for the spring 2012 cruise we booked...I wanted to make sure that the price wasn't way out of there...and it ended up being about the same. I'm thinking for "about the same" I'll stay with Disney. However we will see if we like the Dream or not...as the one next spring is on the Fantasy. :)

DZ

YAY!!! You're back! I'm sadly not going on the Dream any time soon but I really want to go on the Fantasy for a 7 nighter next year, we'll see if I can talk DH into booking on board... he's still not convinced he'll want to cruise again right away :rotfl2:

We're also wanted to go to WDW for the 2012 Wine and Dine half, maybe I can convince him to add a cruise onto that trip (devious smiley needed):rolleyes: this one could work :goodvibes

you all are so funny:)
I can not wait to hear what happens on your DCL LOL
We try...we try. I was thinking I actually have to get off my rear and make a pre-trip entry. so I'll try to do that tomorrow about check-in and palo reservies. :thumbsup2

YAY!!! You're back! I'm sadly not going on the Dream any time soon but I really want to go on the Fantasy for a 7 nighter next year, we'll see if I can talk DH into booking on board... he's still not convinced he'll want to cruise again right away :rotfl2:

We're also wanted to go to WDW for the 2012 Wine and Dine half, maybe I can convince him to add a cruise onto that trip (devious smiley needed):rolleyes: this one could work :goodvibes

I clearly need to talk to your DH...not want to cruise again? that's just crazy talk!

Wouldn't it be nice to have as much money as you need...just go off on vacations willy-nilly...and then you can have a reality show. Woohoo! :rolleyes1

Nice! hope you can pull it off. Good Luck!

DZ

TinkLoverSam stated that her husband's "still not convinced he'll want to cruise again right away" It doesn't appear that he is crazy to the point of not wanting to cruise.

He's just misguided as to when to cruise again. Not wanting to cruise again, that might require severe psychotherapy and why you have anger issues with your mother. Yes, you too, in the back, ya you - sit down. Everybody has parental anger issues - didn't you read anything by Freud??? Put the cigar down, and the pen, and the test-tube, and the can of tennis balls. Where did you get all that stuff? Okay, set up an appointment for next week you have too many issues to deal with here.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion. What were we talking about. Did someone mention squirrels??

Okay, maybe TinkLoverSam's husband should be wary of cruises. Especially ones that I am on.

If we all run from starboard to port and back real fast, can we rock the boat??

TinkLoverSam stated that her husband's "still not convinced he'll want to cruise again right away" It doesn't appear that he is crazy to the point of not wanting to cruise.

He's just misguided as to when to cruise again. Not wanting to cruise again, that might require severe psychotherapy and why you have anger issues with your mother. Yes, you too, in the back, ya you - sit down. Everybody has parental anger issues - didn't you read anything by Freud??? Put the cigar down, and the pen, and the test-tube, and the can of tennis balls. Where did you get all that stuff? Okay, set up an appointment for next week you have too many issues to deal with here.

Now, back to our regularly scheduled discussion. What were we talking about. Did someone mention squirrels??

Okay, maybe TinkLoverSam's husband should be wary of cruises. Especially ones that I am on.

He's only a little crazy! Sorry to steal this PTR DZ but FigmentFan are you planning a TR? 'Cause I'd read that one too. (I did say too DZ) :rotfl:

He thinks he'll want to wait a few years or more before cruising again... I don't think we will and as I am the planner/saver in the relationship, I guess we will see :littleangel:

I agree with Tinklover...you have to do a TR as well. We could do the dueling banjos thing...but with TR's. Your cracking me up.

DZ

Okay, the back and forth banter on this PTR is way too good to miss! :rotfl: Subbing, and even if you don't write anymore about your plans (I truly hope you do, I'm a new cruiser heading out on the Dream March 2012 and need the advice!!) I will read on.:goodvibes

Slips in quietly since to avoid being noticed.

When are you going?

We are booked on the 3 night cruise March 1-4. I'm wondering if I shouldn't switch it to the 4 night on March 9. Is 3 nights going to be enough time? It seems like there's so much to do.....:confused3

I'm Baaaack! :cool1:

We are in stateroom 7120 if you want to come and visit us...or leave us presents. I prefer small bills. We are in a Deluxe Family Ocean Stateroom with Verandah which according to the paperwork I'm looking at means we have a 04C.

DZ

We are in stateroom 8594, also Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom w/ Verandah. DH (Jay) and I (Amy) are cruising with first mates DD13 (LouAnn) and DS11 (Ethan) and joining in on the FE exchange (thanks to your wife). Let's see how many more () I can add. Hmmm.... (This is our first family cruise)
Can't wait to meet y'all and everyone else!

I usually don't read many ptr's but you guys are too much fun! Planning on a December 2011 cruise on the Dream... 4 nighter much better than the 3 nighter. Looking forward to more banter... get those neighbors back in too! lol! popcorn::

Cabin 6516 here. I guess that cover the 6th, 7th, and 8th floors, who's next.
I may try to start a trip report, but I still am not good at posting pictures. And, what's a good trip report without pictures!
(Also, I'm not a good lead - I need somebody to play off of. Otherwise, I'm just worthless.)

Now, DZ about this trip report, sooo, what's the plan????

I say we figure out how to take over the teen area. It looks like a lot of fun.

I was looking at pictures of the giant floor screen to play games on in the kids area. I wonder, can we get one of those screens on each wall and the ceiling. It could be the first real life version of StarTrek's holodeck. Put the floor on something similar to the Star Tours mechanism. Thinkk of the games we could play. Of course, this would be available only to the adults - we need our play area too. Not just a pool to hang out at that has limited access by the children.

Okay, "I do solemnly swear I am up to no good." BUT, I will be good and not usurp a trip report.

Now, back to that holodeck idea - number 1, make it so.

ACK! that does not sound like fun. I don't think we ever had to do poop patrol, so apparently we were very lucky!

Congrats on your first Disney Cruise...as you can obviously tell we are big fans. But I will tell you that we priced out Royal Carribean for the spring 2012 cruise we booked...I wanted to make sure that the price wasn't way out of there...and it ended up being about the same. I'm thinking for "about the same" I'll stay with Disney. However we will see if we like the Dream or not...as the one next spring is on the Fantasy. :)

DZ
I need a "I survived Poop Patrol" tshirt. Now on to the next issue. Wondering what that would be????:laughing:

I guess we're the first for deck 9! I believe we're in 9043 & 9045. DH has the reservation info somewhere, I just get to go!! It will be the 5 of us DH, myself, DD turning 21 on first CC day (or midnight the day we get on the ship, we will be in one of the bars celebrating with a drink!), DS19, DS18. Looking forward to exploring the new ship!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter