Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
We just got back from 7 day Alaska and even though it was my 5th cruise I learned a few new things.
1) If your child loses a tooth, they have a button that says "I lost a tooth" with the chesire cat missing a tooth on it (yes they have a button for EVERYTHING apparently! :rotfl:) so make sure to tell your room steward as they will put it on their pillow and put chocolate coins under it! :wizard: voila...just like the tooth fairy came!

2) they have printed "newspapers" with the latest daily news that you can pick up a copy of daily- I saw them at Diversions and the Cove but maybe they are at more locations

3) You can actually order the chocolate souffles from your head server (if you are really nice to them :love:) in the main dinning rooms- actually we were sitting next to people who had been on 15 disney cruises and they ordered other than what was offered on our menu several times.

I have to ask. How wa the Alaskan cruise? I haven't talked to anyone who has done it yet?

I have to ask. How wa the Alaskan cruise? I haven't talked to anyone who has done it yet?

It was AMAZING :thumbsup2 Scenery you dont normally get to see and my kids would have been bored to death doing it with any other cruiseline. They thought it was beautiful too but my DS (8) would only want to look for about 10 minutes and we'd still look for another 25 ;) My DD (4) just wanted to look for Princesses and Minnie and play in the club. Best Vacation EVER... (and this was our 5th DCL cruise)

It was AMAZING :thumbsup2 Scenery you dont normally get to see and my kids would have been bored to death doing it with any other cruiseline. They thought it was beautiful too but my DS (8) would only want to look for about 10 minutes and we'd still look for another 25 ;) My DD (4) just wanted to look for Princesses and Minnie and play in the club. Best Vacation EVER... (and this was our 5th DCL cruise)

Agreed, FABULOUS, BREATHTAKING, and an all-around good time with Mickey and all my DIS pals!

Subscribing. Great thread. Excellent information!! THANKS to all who have posted.

Thanks for all the great tips everyone:cheer2:

Quick Question: I am going on the Mexican Riviera in Nov and this will be my first cruise ... Do they still give you the menus to keep as souviners if you ask for them?

I have just come back from our first cruise and asked this, was told no, they have to count them at the end of each day to make sure have same amount back :confused3

I have just come back from our first cruise and asked this, was told no, they have to count them at the end of each day to make sure have same amount back :confused3

We were on the cruise before you and my friend got menu every day so i guess its down to the individual servers

Thanks for all the great tips everyone:cheer2:

Quick Question: I am going on the Mexican Riviera in Nov and this will be my first cruise ... Do they still give you the menus to keep as souviners if you ask for them?

We were on the cruise before you and my friend got menu every day so i guess its down to the individual servers

Oh that is sad, I really wanted them for my scrap book

Definitely depends on your server. I can go pull four off a shelf right now. :banana:

Where can I find this passporter book? Not on Disney site, that i can find, anyway . . .

Thx
S

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter