Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you come across something you might want or need, ask. The worst that can happen is they say it can't be done.

I had read that they have PB&J Uncrustables on board. During our lunch on the first day, our youngest was beginning to melt down. There was some amazing food, but she was cranky and just didn't want anything. I asked if there was any way to get an Uncrustable, as PB&J is her go-to food. I knew that room service wasn't available yet (we weren't allowed in our rooms at that point). The darling server was able to get one, and it helped us out a great deal.

On my DS' first cruise he would only eat long spaghetti, and wouldn't eat the Mickey ones!! We asked for the regular and the waiter told us that they didn't have any in that kitchen, but he would see what he could do. Well, he got it for my son!! We found out after that they had to send someone to a kitchen on the other end of the ship to get it and cook it for him!! :thumbsup2

THEY ARE GREAT!!!! :woohoo:

I am and probably always will be a steak and potato girl. The kids in our family are Cheeseburger kids.

At dinner even though I did want to try new things our server alway brought me a Steak. I did get to try whatever else I wanted.

The kids had cheeseburgers every night. Well, when they were there:)

I went into my first cruise being really worried about what we were going to be able to eat. I am going into this cruise ready to eat. They do whatever they can to make you happy and I was.

Here's a great tip I used on our last Disney Cruise.....You know those clear plastic shoe holders? I'm talking about teh ones that are about the size of a door and have a bunch of shoe sized pouches? it's meant for holding your shoes and hanging it in a closet. We brought one of these and hung it on the inside of the bathroom door. In each pouch we put razor, shaving cream, brushes, lotions, etc....all of our toiletries. There never seems to be enought counter space/cabinets in the bathroom and this is a great way to keep everythign orginized and since it's clear plastic, you can easily spot whatever it is your looking for!!!! They only run about $15, so at the end of our cruise, we left it in the cabin in hopes the next DCruiser could enjoy it.

Here's a great tip I used on our last Disney Cruise.....You know those clear plastic shoe holders? I'm talking about teh ones that are about the size of a door and have a bunch of shoe sized pouches? it's meant for holding your shoes and hanging it in a closet. We brought one of these and hung it on the inside of the bathroom door. In each pouch we put razor, shaving cream, brushes, lotions, etc....all of our toiletries. There never seems to be enought counter space/cabinets in the bathroom and this is a great way to keep everythign orginized and since it's clear plastic, you can easily spot whatever it is your looking for!!!! They only run about $15, so at the end of our cruise, we left it in the cabin in hopes the next DCruiser could enjoy it.

Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?

Thanks for the answer,

:tinker:Poussière de fée!

Great idea! I just have a question: Has anybody ever found any of these "left for the followers" items going into their room? I keep reading people do it, but I never read about anybody finding stuff left by the predecessors. So, is it really worth it? Or is it going to garbage anyway?

Thanks for the answer,

Good question, I think it's going into the trash (or hopefully donated to goodwill or something). They'd have to keep each room consistent and standard and all the little 'extras' wouldn't fit. Personally if I found a gift leftover I'd wonder what else not-so-nice might still be leftover.

But I don't know for sure.

The room stewards have to remove everything left in the rooms, so most of those door things go to lost and found. You are not doing anyone any favours by leaving them. The best thing is to keep them for your next cruise or ask on a later meet thread if you can pass it along.

Good question, I think it's going into the trash (or hopefully donated to goodwill or something). They'd have to keep each room consistent and standard and all the little 'extras' wouldn't fit. Personally if I found a gift leftover I'd wonder what else not-so-nice might still be leftover.

But I don't know for sure.

The room stewards have to remove everything left in the rooms, so most of those door things go to lost and found. You are not doing anyone any favours by leaving them. The best thing is to keep them for your next cruise or ask on a later meet thread if you can pass it along.

Thanks for both answers. It's been a while that I kept asking myself this question but never thought to ask. I just think your answers make sense. And I hope I will not have lots-of-angry-garbage-running-after-me-nightmares :scared1: anymore when I think about it! :laughing::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Sorry, I'm one of these guys looking after the future of our kids in regard of leaving them a nicer place to live, :confused3

Thanks for both answers. It's been a while that I kept asking myself this question but never thought to ask. I just think your answers make sense. And I hope I will not have lots-of-angry-garbage-running-after-me-nightmares :scared1: anymore when I think about it! :laughing::lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

Sorry, I'm one of these guys looking after the future of our kids in regard of leaving them a nicer place to live, :confused3

Cruising has to be about the least "green" planet saving thing you could do , and you are worried about something going in the trash?

:rotfl2:

thanks for the list guys,

Hi TJeff....
here's what I do, so I can remember all the tips and things I've learned, especially when my cruise is far away.

In my cruise folder that I've marked Disney Cruise, I open a new word (or whatever u have) document and entitle it Cruise tips.

Then when I set down for my ritual of reading the Disboards, I open it up and when I read something I KNOW I won't remember, or won't be able to find later.. I just cut and paste that post into my Cruise Tip document. Every time I read the boards, I bring up that document just in case I want to use it.
:surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb::surfweb:

You all are wonderful!! My hubby and I just got back from our first cruise (although it wasn't Disney) we had a great time. Now, I'm wanting to take the kids on a Disney cruise and you all have given me so many great tips! :thumbsup2

^ I agree! When I took a tour of the kids' areas I REALLY wanted to sneak in but I figured they'd spot the goatee and give me the boot :tiptoe:

I hung out in the kid's club with my daughter for about an hour. It was a blast. I went to pick her up and she didn't want to leave. So I stayed and played and got her to leave halfway through whatever the movie was. They didn't bat an eye! I heartily suggest giving it a try.

princess: This has different names: Wendy and friends Tea, Princess Tea,...It is free but you need a ticket and they go fast. As soon as you board, go to Guest Services, and get on the list for tea. They will have different days available but it is very limited. They introduce your Princess or Prince by name, show the proper way to pour tea (apple juice) and how to hold your cup. They also show you how to dance then take pictures. I was on the Wonder this week and had tea with Snow White.

LOL - I found something in my room top shelf of the closet that I wished had been thrown away...a pair of black thong underwear. :scared1::sick::scared1:

I quietly and quickly used a kleenex and threw them away before DW found out. :thumbsup2

Does anyone know if they do the tea on the Dream? That sounds like something my DD would love.

Here's a tip: Bring along some address labels. I was just going through some scrapbooking stuff and found one of the luggage tags that Disney gives you the night before you disembark. Rather than write your name and address on all your tags, just put an address label on. The address labels are also great for handing out to new friends. If you make your own, you can add your email address too!

Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter