Cruise secrets that DCL doesn't tell you- Part 2

When we were on the Fantasy we thoroughly enjoyed breakfast at The Royal Court. The menu offered many great selections and the food was delicious. It was nice to go somewhere other than the buffet a couple of mornings. I remember some sort of yogurt drink thing that was amazing!!

We also enjoyed the buffet at The Enchanted Garden. I believe we ate about 75% of our breakfasts in the MDRs on that cruise.

Really? Was every day a different menu selection? That's the only part that we didn't like about the breakfast buffet. It seems like it was the same menu every day, with minor variations.

Really? Was every day a different menu selection? That's the only part that we didn't like about the breakfast buffet. It seems like it was the same menu every day, with minor variations.
As far as I know the table service for breakfast (as well as the one for lunch) is the same menu. There may be one or two variations, but it's pretty much the same selections from day to day.

As far as I know the table service for breakfast (as well as the one for lunch) is the same menu. There may be one or two variations, but it's pretty much the same selections from day to day.

On our Panama Canal cruise they had a different menu for Triton's for lunch every day. I know this as I saw them all put up on a wall when we did a galley tour. I have also seen different lunch menus on my 7-night Magic and Fantasy cruises. However, the first sea day menu always seems to be the same on every cruise I have been on so far.

ETA: But yes, breakfast is always the same...

On your cruises, you can ask your CM in the restaurants, with enough warning, for specialty items at breakfast. My family enjoys a yogurt, fruit and oats concoction for breakfast (Muesli). I was able to ask my CM for the option for breakfast on Tuesday night during dinner, and had it for breakfast Wednesday and Thursday morning in one of the sit down restaurants. I just had to let the CM know it was for my stateroom and they were so extremely accommodating.

Also 1 night one of our table mates was not hungry and tired from their day trip on the one island and asked for "nothing" for dessert.... our CM came back with our dessert orders and quite literally brought our table mate a plate with chocolate syrup and mickey mouse sprinkles with the words "nothing" written on her plate. It was quite the sight at our table when she received it. We had quite the awesome CM and forged awesome friendships with our CM and table mates.

On your cruises, you can ask your CM in the restaurants, with enough warning, for specialty items at breakfast. My family enjoys a yogurt, fruit and oats concoction for breakfast (Muesli). I was able to ask my CM for the option for breakfast on Tuesday night during dinner, and had it for breakfast Wednesday and Thursday morning in one of the sit down restaurants. I just had to let the CM know it was for my stateroom and they were so extremely accommodating.

Also 1 night one of our table mates was not hungry and tired from their day trip on the one island and asked for "nothing" for dessert.... our CM came back with our dessert orders and quite literally brought our table mate a plate with chocolate syrup and mickey mouse sprinkles with the words "nothing" written on her plate. It was quite the sight at our table when she received it. We had quite the awesome CM and forged awesome friendships with our CM and table mates.
nothing dessert wonder 2012 15067 100_6602.JPG

Lol! Our servers (Nenad & Josh) did that for my 9yr old son one evening when he said he wanted nothing for dessert, too. It's one of our favorite dinner memories from that cruise! Cracked us up!!!
They also have I Am Full:
i am full dessert wonder 2012 15068 100_6603.JPG

I can't get to the picture right now, but on our cruise last Oct, my husband didn't want anything and they talked him into "something little", so they brought a large white plate with a drop of chocolate sauce on it, topped with a mickey head sprinkle.

They also have I Am Full:
View attachment 199419

I can't get to the picture right now, but on our cruise last Oct, my husband didn't want anything and they talked him into "something little", so they brought a large white plate with a drop of chocolate sauce on it, topped with a mickey head sprinkle.

Lol!! Love it!! The cruise we were on was last October, too..... Fantasy Oct 3rd-10th 2015...?

thank for this, its good to know. I too eat yoghurt, fruit and muesli for breakfast on a regular basis. When I stay at hotels for one or two nights I dont mind not having it but on a 7 night cruise it would be nice to have it maybe once as a break from the heavy pastry , eggs sausages type of breakfasts.

We have done 12 cruises and we still want to board ASAP.
Waiting till after 1 would be torture for us. We love cabanas have lunch up there then relax at satellite falls until 130.
Totally agree with this! We try to get the earliest time for boarding. Hubby and kids head straight to the pool while I book Palo, etc. I meet them up there and if it's starting to get crowded we leave and go have lunch at the sit down restaurant on the ship. Then head to our cabin.
We want to get the most time possible on the ship!

Was that the Alaska cruise from last May or June? If so, that was my friend's mother. He showed us pictures.

Another comment about MDR for the final breakfast.

They do tell you to be sure to be prompt on that day getting down to breakfast. They are NOT kidding. I was five minutes late because just as I got to the MDR I realized that I left our comment cards in our room so I went back to get them. I should have gone in and ordered, and THEN gone back for the cards. That five minute delay caused my meal to come out much later than the rest of my table. Someone who came 15 minutes late was told that they were too late and could not order breakfast. (Though the WONDERFUL CM did then proceed to go find them some food!)

So if you think, "Oh, I'll just be a few minutes late," be careful. It is a NARROW window.

My favorite "hack" on a Disney Cruise was when I was talking with Rakesh, an Indian castmember on the Fantasy. I told him how much I loved Indian food. He told me I should order it in the MDR! Apparently, they almost always have vegetarian Indian cuisine available "off menu." It was absolutely delicious. I know it doesn't fit with any of the thematic elements in any of the MDRs, but for crying out loud ... it was as good/better than anything else I ate all week! Surely they can find a way to work it onto the menu for at least one night or put it up in Cabanas

That yogurt thing I'm in love with, on the Magic Class, Daisy's has it every morning. Sometimes, Early in the morning Promenade also had them and croissants[/QUOTE

The yogurt dink on the Magic that I fell in love with last week was called "The Morning Tugboat". Also, lunch in Lumiere's had a different menu on the few days we went the
That yogurt thing I'm in love with, on the Magic Class, Daisy's has it every morning. Sometimes, Early in the morning Promenade also had them and croissants

The yogurt drink I fell in love with on the Magic last week was called "The Morning Tugboat". Had it in Lumiere's. Also the menu was different in Lumiere's for lunch each day.

MJ

Have done 11 Disney.

I agree if you don't have young ones, or want to use the pool. But you could still relax and eat lunch then go to room

The discussion back and forth on boarding time made me curious. Is there a particular window that's so busy that it should be avoided? Or are people pretty well spread out until 1ish?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter