• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Meet Thread Ideas

Did I miss the explanation of how DisTag works? If not, can someone please explain how to set it up. It sounds like fun!

Thanks!

On the August repo we had so many Dis'ers who brought so many different things...name tags, lanyards, pins, buttons, beads, etc.

I put together some of my favorite DCL pics from our previous cruises and made a photo collage that I gave out to anybody who wanted one....it had our cruise info on it as well... here is a pic...

shipoffoolsphotocard.jpg

Oops...guess I sized it too small....I will post again with a bigger size when I get home tonight!!

mmouse37 said:
On the August repo we had so many Dis'ers who brought so many different things...name tags, lanyards, pins, buttons, beads, etc.

I put together some of my favorite DCL pics from our previous cruises and made a photo collage that I gave out to anybody who wanted one....it had our cruise info on it as well... here is a pic...

shipoffoolsphotocard.jpg

Oops...guess I sized it too small....I will post again with a bigger size when I get home tonight!!

I am one of the lucky ones that got her photo collage. It was an awesome gift.

We all had personalized matching lanyards on the Eastern PC cruise. I would love to be able to buy those again. Anyone reading this thread know where they were purchased from? They were so soft and more comfortable to wear than those stiff ones like DCL's.

mmouse37 said:
I have a another idea for the cruise meets threads but it is not what to give/receive...it is more of a functional idea....

There are so many different date formats people use when creating their title for their threads that makes it very difficult sometimes to find your thread when you are scrolling down the page....wouldn't it be better if there was a set format for the title like 11/04/06 Disney Magic....

Not November 4th
Not 11-04-06
Not November 4, 2006

I think the date in a set format (any format as long as it is consistent) and then the ship name and then whatever creative part of the title you want to add.

Right now there are so many different date formats being used. I think it should be standardized.....and not to crush anyone's creative titles...the creative parts in the title could could be added after the date/ship name in the title.

Just a thought to make things easier to find.

I agree. Since I could not find my meet thread I started to post in the Dec double scoop until someone directed me to the Sept double scoop thread already happening.

marcij said:
What things have you planned for before or during your cruise with your cruise meet thread friends? Also, I've heard that sometimes people give little trinkets/gifts for kids and/or adults on the thread for the cruise. What was your favorite to get/give?

Thanks.

Marci

Here is some of the stuff that took place on our last cruise. :teeth:

click here

I must ask, why the lime green? Seems that everyone chooses this color... :confused3

sirena said:
I must ask, why the lime green? Seems that everyone chooses this color... :confused3

Many many moons ago -- I think back in 2000, though it could have been 1999, DISers began making suggestions on how we could recognize each other at WDW, since so many went, and someone suggested how about a ribbon that was a certain color -- people voted and lime green was chosen, so a lot of people will have something lime green to tie us together. :thumbsup2

alikat99 said:
On 2 separate cruises we have given personalized pens with our cruise info on them. I sure hope that they were well received. I plan to do it again for our next cruise too!

Another who received one of Amy & Chris' pen. They were very nice and a great reminder.

On the same cruise, I put together goodie bags for some of the cruisers based on some fun we had on our cruise meet thread. It seemed like several of us went for pedicures for the first time right before we sailed, so I put together a little gift to keep our feet sweet!

Some of us also did magnets and left them on others doors. It was fun to do and a nice reminder of the special times we shared.

Another thing we did after our cruise was one of the families coordinated a photo exchange. :cool1:

Those of us who participated, sent a disk with our pictures on it to them. They took all of our pictures and grouped them by day. Once done, we all received a disk back with everyones pictures on it. It was great to see everyones pictures and there were several of different scenery shots that we didn't think to take ourselves. :thumbsup2

Hygiene99 said:
Here is some of the stuff that took place on our last cruise. :teeth:

click here

WOW -- thank you for posting that. It sounds like ya'll had an outstanding trip!

Thanks again for sharing.
BTW -- love the picture in your signature...

Thank you to everyone who has posted. I really appreciate all the great ideas you have shared.

Does anyone know where to order the lime green elastic bracelets?

alikat99 said:
On 2 separate cruises we have given personalized pens with our cruise info on them. I sure hope that they were well received. I plan to do it again for our next cruise too!

Amy, where did you purchase the pens?

We had lime green reminder bands that someone from our cruise meet graciously supplied that read "The Dis Rocks the Magic" with our sailing date. It was a nice keepsake reminder!!! :thumbsup2

TiggerKing said:
Amy, where did you purchase the pens?
Wow, I guess it's a good thing that I came back to this thread. I ordered from www.penimpressions.com. Great company, quick shipping. Plus, they carry all kinds of personalized stuff!!!

Indea88 said:
We had lime green reminder bands that someone from our cruise meet graciously supplied that read "The Dis Rocks the Magic" with our sailing date. It was a nice keepsake reminder!!! :thumbsup2
I absolutely love the saying. :thumbsup2

Thanks again for all of the great ideas.

Does anyone remember where the personalized lanyards were ordered? That sounds very interesting! :thumbsup2

marcij said:
Thanks again for all of the great ideas.

Does anyone remember where the personalized lanyards were ordered? That sounds very interesting! :thumbsup2
I bought my lanyard from Passporters.com (I think that was the link.) I don't remember what I paid for it - I bought the package deal where I got a lanyard, a Passporters pin (not worth it), and 2 luggage tags (no better than the cheap ones you can buy at Wal-mart). If you get yours through Passporters, DO NOT buy the package deal - buy just the lanyard.

The lanyard served its purpose for me but it was not worth the price I paid (I think I paid about $15). Mine is blue with "Passporters" written all over it - I would have prefered a plain solid colored one that I could use after the cruise (like to carry my work ID in). But with Passporters written all over it, I do not think it is appropriate to use at work (I work in the justice department - in the courtrooms).

The add for my passporters lanyard said it is big enough to hold your travel documents in (airline tickets, etc.) - IT IS NOT BIG ENOUGH TO HOLD THAT stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter