Cruise Meet Thread Ideas

gimpeaux, I was going to PM you to see if these came from reminderbands....that's where we will be ordering ours from. I thought they wouldn't use the word Disney (for copyright reasons or something) so we were going to use a DIS ney or DIS-ney variant. I'm glad to see that they did use Disney. BTW, you are cruising with one of my best DIS buddies...geffric is a sweetie....you'll love her! ::yes::

For the group lunch we are planning, I'm going to make reminder notes and get some of the older kids to place them on the 'fish' on the stateroom doors the day before. I'm thinking with all the excitement and things to do, some folks may forget their end of cruise, sea-day luncheon. (Or is it just me, who at 2PM thinks....wasn't I supposed to be somewhere for lunch today??????) Plus I'll be able to advise the head server if our anticipated number changes.

marcij said:
Hi, Flo. Just trying to gather some good ideas for our cruise!
Marci,
Check this web site out.
www.orientaltrading.com I order from them all the time. This is were I get the things for baseball and parties. The have all kind of different things that can be personalized.

mmouse37 said:
I have a another idea for the cruise meets threads but it is not what to give/receive...it is more of a functional idea....

There are so many different date formats people use when creating their title for their threads that makes it very difficult sometimes to find your thread when you are scrolling down the page....wouldn't it be better if there was a set format for the title like 11/04/06 Disney Magic....

Not November 4th
Not 11-04-06
Not November 4, 2006

I think the date in a set format (any format as long as it is consistent) and then the ship name and then whatever creative part of the title you want to add.

Right now there are so many different date formats being used. I think it should be standardized.....and not to crush anyone's creative titles...the creative parts in the title could could be added after the date/ship name in the title.

Just a thought to make things easier to find.

Great Idea :thumbsup2
I always have trouble finding my thread.
Interesting coincidence, Our Log in names are almost the same, MJ is me MOUSE is my daughter, the 5 has no meaning.

Bump -- keep those great ideas coming! :sunny:

Actually, we did try to get everyone to list the cruise dates a specific way. I think it was like 20061205....for Dec 5 2006. At least that's what I remember back when I was first checking out DCL info. Don't know why it didn't 'stick' :confused3 OR maybe that was how they did the trip reports?

Bump -- I know there are lots more good ideas out there.
Come on DIS -- please share those great ideas! :sunny:

Subscribing for great ideas..... I thought of the postcards, but not the state magnet.... we have several on our cruise from other countries....

what about bringing samples of what your state/country is most famous for? I'd be bringing everyone a car from the Motor City :rotfl2:

Now how do you package governor corruption? Hailing from CT here!

MJ5MOUSE said:
Great Idea :thumbsup2
I always have trouble finding my thread.
Interesting coincidence, Our Log in names are almost the same, MJ is me MOUSE is my daughter, the 5 has no meaning.

That is very funny....as I am an MJ ....small world!!!

More! More! Keep them coming, please! :sunny: :sunny: :sunny:

We're bringing our favorite wine too for a suite party.

I like the idea of the "what your state is famous for" Hmmmm :scratchin wonder what mine is - lobster or Ted Kennedy?

We also are doing reminderbands. I think someone is doing name tags and we have other surprises up our sleeves that I don't want to reveal to them.

castlegazer said:
We're bringing our favorite wine too for a suite party.

I like the idea of the "what your state is famous for" Hmmmm :scratchin wonder what mine is - lobster or Ted Kennedy?

We also are doing reminderbands. I think someone is doing name tags and we have other surprises up our sleeves that I don't want to reveal to them.

Would you or anyone who has ideas that they don't want to be revealed on here PM me and I won't post them?

Anyone with other ideas? Any help appreciated! :)

These are awesome ideas!!! We had not found the boards before our other cruises, so this is really neat! As we get a bit closer, if I get a list of girls...girls who would wear a ribbon...I would be happy to do ribbon with their names and our cruise date on it.

I'll have to think harder for the boys! pooh: think think think!!!

best of days all! :tink:

Hi Marci, Flo and Tif :wave2:

There are some really good ideas here.

The last two cruises, i wore a lime green vest top when I embarked but never saw anyone else wearing lime green. :sad2:

I will gladly bring some postcards from Sunderland ( I live in the North East of the UK).

I'll have to have a think about what else, I can just imagine security @ the airport going through my case :rolleyes1

i bought pirate tattoos for pirate night at oriental trading...i also bought glow in the dark bracelets/swizzle sticks on ebay///they were a big hit!

Hi Kevin! we all loved DIS-tag when we palyed it! we got disney stickers, disney scrapbook stuff, candy for the movies, pirate stuff for pirate night, a disney beanie animal, personalized pictures, a cd of special music, postcards from all over, special foods/recipes from where we live...

it was so much fun to come back each day and see goodies on the door!

Such fun ideas! Some other door goodies were "Dori" sunscreen lipbalm and Purell in a lime green holder. Also, small bubbles from Oriental Trading are fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter