• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise Meet - FANTASY 8/1/15 - Let the planning begin!

So Ness2289, will be be swapping gifts with all 17+ rooms or are you going to be making smaller groups? I have an idea(s) of what I want to do and I'm trying to decide how many/much I need to get! I am so excited I CAN NOT WAIT!!

I am sending you a PM.

We are currently at 19 staterooms. I will send everyone the final updated copy of the chart on July 5.

The following members will be included:

Ness2289 (DD16)
dclmaniacs (DH, DGD14, DGS11)
Mcnettclan (DH, DS12, DD10): (Parents request gifts for kids only)
Mcnettclan (MIL, FIL)
Take-the-cards (DH, DD17, DD14, DD11)
Wendalli (DD19)
luvtotraveldcl (DD18)
bmikeal (DH, DD9, DS7)
flyer06 (DH, DGD8) (flyer06, let me know if I need to switch the grands' rooms.)
flyer06 (DD, DSIL, DGD10)
NaredoFam (DH, DS12, DD12, DD4)
shezdsny (DH, DD12)
gym_mom (DD16, DD11)
gym_mom (DH, DS17, DD11)
gym_mom (DG, DD13)
cwdevers (DH)
cwdevers (DS10, DD8, DD5)
Dolores King (DMIL, DS12)
SheilaO (DH, DM, DSis, DS12, DS11)

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE
We will keep it fun and simple. There won't be a theme or assigned delivery days to deal with. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin. The closer the date of the cruise, the more participants we'll begin to see. The number can grow pretty quickly. So, I would like to know upfront how many cabins you are comfortable exchanging with so I can coordinate the groups accordingly. I'd like to know your comfort level ahead of time. It will make setting up the exchange groups much easier, and you will have a more positive experience.

To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be SATURDAY, JULY 4, 2015. By Monday, July 6, I will send Private Messages to all participants with all the details of your FE group. This will give everyone a month before the cruise to prepare.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a "Private Message" with the following information:
*Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group: At this point, it looks like we will be at less than 20. If we add more than one additional stateroom, I'll announce it on the thread. (Currently 19 as of 6-29-15)

If you are new to the DIS Boards:
(FYI: You will need to make ten posts before you can send a Private Message)
*Easiest way to send a “Private Message”:
-Click the recipient's name (in blue font) in the little box on the left side of one of their posts
-Click on “Start a Conversation” (in white font)
-Enter a “Conversation Title”
-Under the row of icons, type your message
-Click “Start a Conversation” under your message to send it

Hey I am going on this cruise and I am a 12 year old girl (don't judge me I like to be planned and organized) and I am very shy and was wondering if any of y'all have 12 year old daughters (or any girl that will be in the edge) and we could hang out with on the cruise? Just wondering.

Hey! I have a 12 year old daughter & son. I know my daughter, Madison, would LOVE to hang with you! Work on getting 10 posts so we can PM contact info and I can hook you 2 up :flower1:

Hi Ness2289 - We would love to be involved in the Fish Extender exchange! We're brand new to Disney Cruising and just discovered FE and we would love to be a part of it. We have two sons - ages 6 and 3. Can we please get on the list? Thanks! I'm in the process of making ten posts so I can send you a private message. Thanks!

We are currently at 19 staterooms. I will send everyone the final updated copy of the chart on July 5.

The following members will be included:

Ness2289 (DD16)
dclmaniacs (DH, DGD14, DGS11)
Mcnettclan (DH, DS12, DD10): (Parents request gifts for kids only)
Mcnettclan (MIL, FIL)
Take-the-cards (DH, DD17, DD14, DD11)
Wendalli (DD19)
luvtotraveldcl (DD18)
bmikeal (DH, DD9, DS7)
flyer06 (DH, DGD8) (flyer06, let me know if I need to switch the grands' rooms.)
flyer06 (DD, DSIL, DGD10)
NaredoFam (DH, DS12, DD12, DD4)
shezdsny (DH, DD12)
gym_mom (DD16, DD11)
gym_mom (DH, DS17, DD11)
gym_mom (DG, DD13)
cwdevers (DH)
cwdevers (DS10, DD8, DD5)
Dolores King (DMIL, DS12)
SheilaO (DH, DM, DSis, DS12, DS11)

FISH EXTENDER EXCHANGE
We will keep it fun and simple. There won't be a theme or assigned delivery days to deal with. It will be up to you whether you want to do one gift per cabin or individual gifts for everyone in each cabin. The closer the date of the cruise, the more participants we'll begin to see. The number can grow pretty quickly. So, I would like to know upfront how many cabins you are comfortable exchanging with so I can coordinate the groups accordingly. I'd like to know your comfort level ahead of time. It will make setting up the exchange groups much easier, and you will have a more positive experience.

To give everyone time to prepare, the deadline to join the FE Exchange will be SATURDAY, JULY 4, 2015. By Monday, July 6, I will send Private Messages to all participants with all the details of your FE group. This will give everyone a month before the cruise to prepare.

To join the FE Exchange, please send me a "Private Message" with the following information:
*Cabin Number
*Names of everyone in your cabin
*Ages of children
*Any allergy considerations
*The size of the FE group: At this point, it looks like we will be at less than 20. If we add more than one additional stateroom, I'll announce it on the thread. (Currently 19 as of 6-29-15)

If you are new to the DIS Boards:
(FYI: You will need to make ten posts before you can send a Private Message)
*Easiest way to send a “Private Message”:
-Click the recipient's name (in blue font) in the little box on the left side of one of their posts
-Click on “Start a Conversation” (in white font)
-Enter a “Conversation Title”
-Under the row of icons, type your message
-Click “Start a Conversation” under your message to send it

Hi Ness2289 - We would love to be involved in the Fish Extender exchange! We're brand new to Disney Cruising and just discovered FE and we would love to be a part of it. We have two sons - ages 6 and 3. Can we please get on the list? Thanks! I'm in the process of making ten posts so I can send you a private message. Thanks!
Sure! You're right on time! Glad you found us.

I'm having trouble sending you a pm, Ness2289. After I click on your name I don't see anything that says "start conversation" in white. It just gives your profile info.. Any suggestions?
I am having the same problem. I went to a test site and made 10 posts. Help please.

AAGH!! I just saw the FE deadline was yesterday. o_O Oops I missed that totally. Will there be another group formed?

Everyone, I am finalizing the list and will send it to you all on Monday. I've had no time to get it finished today. Everyone who has requested to participate up until my post here will be included. I am just waiting for one person's information before I send it out. The fish extender group is now officially closed. Happy planning! 26 days to go!!

Last edited:
I've PM'd everyone. If I inadvertently missed you, and you did NOT receive a PM from me, please let me know. Thanks!

I've PM'd everyone. If I inadvertently missed you, and you did NOT receive a PM from me, please let me know. Thanks!
Hey Ness2289 - I did not get a PM with the updated info! If you could send it my way when you get a chance - That would be great. Thanks so much!

Just want to make a put this out there :-) My son's name is Noel (pronounces Nole). Anyway - if making giving gender specific gifts this might throw you off. Just a heads up. I am keeping the list and the posts that say list DS or DD to keep my gender specific gifts straight. I am excited that my older kids will have kids close to their age in our group. It would be great if our kids could hang out together!!

I am getting to the Fish Extenders game a little late. I just read about it for the first time on a website. We have taken 2 cruises to Alaska, but is our first Caribbean cruise. Looking forward to it next trip. DH and I have 2 DSs (9 and 6). We are from New Orleans. If you have boys their ages, let me know and hopefully we can meet up. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter