***Cruise magnets and graphics links part 3!!!***

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Forum' started by tjbaggott, Oct 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mommyof3boyz

mommyof3boyz Earning My Ears

You make it sound so.. easy!! I'm going to try!:woohoo:

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. tjbaggott

tjbaggott DIS Veteran

More than happy to do one up for you! I've put you on my list, and will have it posted here for you tomorrow.

4. lmhall2000

lmhall2000 May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you

Hey!

We're going in May....I'm trying to figure this out...will try and post my results, I don't think I'm using the right bevel...blah...I hate trying to figure things out on PS...your instructions were Greek to me, but now that I've played with it for 2 hours, I FULLY understand what you were saying!! :) I'm too old for new languages!! Thanks!!
    Tara

5. lmhall2000

Okay, you put me to shame!! I spent 1 hour making three..they're getting better as I go but still not the color coordination that you have going on!! You've done too much! I can erase out the date and put it in, which font are you using for the date?? I can't seem to get the right one! I think I've tried 20!! :) I'll see if I can post one I did here in a second! :)

Thanks!!
    Tara

6. lmhall2000

Here's my 6th attempt (1.5 hours later) I just don't get the sparkly effect on my lettering like you have...

[​IMG]

Hopefully it'll work
    Tara

7. jordak

jordak DIS Veteran

Hey, that's really good! Your going to make me obsolete. :) For the sparkle i just add noise. 4 percent with gaussian and monochromatic checked. Then fade it down if it is to much. On the dates i use Arial font.

8. lmhall2000

Last question Jordak, I promise!! :) And no, I could not do this for anyone else, my learning curve is so ridiculous!!

On your letters, you're putting an additional contrast color that lies right next to the original..I'm not able to pull that off...I figured out the noise trick...thanks!!!! Do you have more than one layer underneath the name?

Thanks!! you ROCK!!!!:cool1:

Tara

9. jordak

jordak DIS Veteran

Yeah, what i have is my main text file, then under that the bevel and on top of main text is where i put my colors. What i usually do is make a layer above the text file, select the main text and fill the text with the color i want as border on the new layer. Then i contract the selection by 3 pixels, then fill with a new color or a gradient. You could also just select your text then add a stroke to the selection, but i like to do it the other way so i have the layers to work with if i want to make changes. I hope i don't have you confused. Feel free to ask questions if i didn't explain it very well.

10. Flora Fan

Flora Fan Can't wait for my next trip!

[​IMG]

Sabrecmc...You requested something with Mulan. It is my first attempt at anything like this and I'm afraid not very good. But I post it with the hopes that someone else may be able to improve upon it.

11. minniemouse71

minniemouse71 Mouseketeer

I am amazed at the ideas that you guys come up with. Every time I open this thread I find more and more that are amazing. I am trying to make a couple of shirts for a Disney trip that we are taking before our cruise and was wondering if someone could help me. I would like the black Mickey heads with the characters the front of the shirts. I would like the names on one ear and the year 2009 on the other.

Theresa with Goofy (just the regular Goofy)
    Mickey with Mickey Mouse
    Dan with Mater from cars (the one that says she loves me for my body)
    Vickie with Tinker Bell.

I also need the names that are filled with the characters. (I hope this makes sense)

Theresa with Goofy
    Mickey with Mickey Mouse
    Dan with Mater
    Vickie with Tinker Bell

Thank you so much for helping make our trip magical.
    Vickie

12. jordak

jordak DIS Veteran

I just saw on the other thread you are using something i did for a shirt. Not a problem and i appreciate you giving me credit. Thought i would do a little enhancing since you put the offer out there to improve. Just wanted to add a little dimension without highjacking your vision. If i am overstepping let me know and i apologize.

[​IMG]

13. tjbaggott

tjbaggott DIS Veteran

LOL, Jordak, on the above Mulan picture. I saw her words on anyone wanting to improve on it and my first thoughts were foot prints and the ship! Creative minds must think alike! I was also thinking of a sand castle. I have a few graphics of those, so I'll give that one a go tomorrow (today, but as it's just JUST morning, a little later today, LOL).

14. jordak

jordak DIS Veteran

That's funny because i was going to add a castle, but couldn't decide where i wanted to put it. Maybe you will have better luck.

15. milliepie

milliepie DIS Veteran

Hey all did ya miss me? LOL!

I sent pm's to all of the requests I had from the other thread just in case they don't see this one and I'm all caught up from that thread (I think) If you have ventured over here and I missed you please send another request. Those PM's still waiting for something, no fear! I'm working on those and will get back to you shortly. Same goes for whoever is waiting for something on my Milliepie thread. I'm hoping everyone is doing well and that plans are going smoothly for everyone!

And now, here is your request. :)

[​IMG]

16. HomeschoolMama

HomeschoolMama I raise kids... What's your super power?

Oh! Thank you so much!!! It's absolutley perfect! I LOVE it! :lovestruc
    :hug::hug::hug:

17. Flora Fan

Flora Fan Can't wait for my next trip!

Awesome Jordak. :woohoo: Thanks. I thought about the footprints somewhere along the way, but obviously forgot about it before posting...and it definitely gives it that final touch. The shading is very nice too. I'll have to work on creating shadows next.

Love the sandcastle idea. :thumbsup2 I thought it needed something in the spot with the sand toys, a sandcastle would be terrific. Thanks all for the help. I really appreciate it!!!

18. hgon76

hgon76 DIS Veteran

Could I please, please get a couple of these??? We are surprising the kids with the cruise for a Christmas gift and the ship one would be perfect to laminate and wrap up in a box for them to open.
    For the ship one for my kids: names are Cody and Emma. We are sailing on The Magic from January 16-23,2010.
    And if I could get the beach one with names Heather and Tom, same dates........TIA:love:

19. tjbaggott

tjbaggott DIS Veteran

Sure can do, what drinks would you like for the Mickey and Minnie? I can do virutally any drink you would like.

20. milliepie

milliepie DIS Veteran

Hope alll is well. :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. tjbaggott

tjbaggott DIS Veteran

For Sabrecmc I worked on this graphic just for you. Did up a couple. It was fun to do! If you would like any text added or a different kind of background .

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.