Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're not gonna open on July 17 and the people who politicize mask wearing are 100% to blame.

Everything can go back to "normal" if you just wear a mask.

It's science not fear. The rest if the world believes in science. Which is why the international parks are open and us parks aren't. Good job

Which is why if Disney pushes the opening back, they won't be opening until there is a vaccine. Because the situation is not going to improve until then.
Then they could be closed for good as we may never get a vaccine. Vaccines are not a guarantee. Disney is surely watching the situation. I could see them pushing back but I also don’t see them waiting until there is a vaccine.

Because masks are shown to stop the spread by 80%. Wearing a glove you still could touch your face. Just like you are trusted to wear your mask. After you touch something wash your hands. Not really that difficult. Not about living in fear. I think we should open things but It’s about living but being safe. Southern states have shown they don’t care about safety and they are paying the price.

So after someone trunks their groceries at the store do they wash their hands before unmasking in the car or touch their face to remove mask without sanitizing? There is a lot of things/steps people forget when being “precautious”

Where did you find the 80% statistic? Trying to educate myself! :)

In order to be able to not “live in fear” we need to take serious precautions when opening. They go hand in hand. This is why masks are important in conjunction with distancing where possible. This is why Disney has been so “strict” with everything they’ve done despite people proclaiming it won’t last and they’re never going to come back again. I’m sure they have planned for Florida to turn into a complete cluster, and are doing their best to be able to ride it out. Will they or won’t they, who knows.

Staying home for months on end only to be right back where we started, or worse, is not what anyone wants.
I wish I could like this 1000 times. I would like nothing more than to be out at a restaurant without a care in the world on this summer Friday night. I would love to be planning a September WDW trip now that my AP has been extended. I would *almost* even love to be regularly riding our terrible public transit back and forth to work everyday. 😂

And I had hoped that I would be able to do all of these things at least by the end of the summer if not definitely by the fall. But that required everyone pulling together to do what needed to be done to get this under control. The idea that those of us being more cautious about this are happy to “hide in our houses forever” is madness. I hate watching the summer slip away. I hate that my mom who has only one lung likely still has months to go before she can be with her sisters again. But too many people acted like being asked to do anything that might personally inconvenience them for a while was just too much to take and some sort of personal affront and now here we are watching March happen all over again.

Our Governor has made the same point over and over again when he received criticism for going slowly with reopening and that was that we didn’t do all this work for the past 8-12 weeks to just throw it all away by opening too soon and ending up back where we started. Places where the cases were fewer at the start had the chance to nip this in the bud by watching the mistakes other places made and instead they barreled ahead as if it was never going to get to them. As a person in a place where it hit hard early and affected many, many people I know, it has been so frustrating to watch.

Last edited:
So after someone trunks their groceries at the store do they wash their hands before unmasking in the car or touch their face to remove mask without sanitizing? There is a lot of things/steps people forget when being “precautious”

I thought this way myself at the beginning of the pandemic, but I really think we just can’t let perfect be the enemy of good when it comes to preventative measures.

I really don’t want to see people surprised and devastated if they get cancelled on last minute, it is not a fun feeling. They are moving forward with the opening, there is a lot that has been set in motion that they would have to pull back, all that is true, but please nobody take that as an 100% guarantee they are opening the parks July 11.

This.

Then they could be closed for good as we may never get a vaccine. Vaccines are not a guarantee. Disney is surely watching the situation. I could see them pushing back but I also don’t see them waiting until there is a vaccine.
I agree with your assessment. A brief delay could easily happen. But waiting for a vaccine won’t happen. Every state still has cases and it’s going to keep spreading. Parks will open when it’s more stable. Florida has never really spiked like some states. Now it’s happening. I predict WDW will open by middle of August if they do decide to delay in July. I imagine we’ll find out very soon as cast will be reporting in the next few days to a week.

And what we do know for sure is a mask does not increase your chances of catching the virus.
We know no such thing! Having that mask on and then touching it and touching your face or putting it under your nose or chin could absolutely increase your chances because your are now breathing in those droplets on the outside of your mask directly into your nose or mouth.

What we DO know is that past studies on masks and viruses show that they do not decrease your chance by much of catching a respiratory virus. There has not been a mask study with Covid. What we DO know is physical distancing works. And we also know that mask wearing tends to make people physically distance less.

Wash your hands and don't get too close to people! When you take your mask off for a break TAKE IT OFF don't just put it under your chin!

If you develop a routine, it becomes second nature. I put groceries in the car, get in the car, remove the mask and then sanitize. There is no need to touch your face to remove a mask. I only use disposables and it’s once and toss.

I’m not trying for a sterile environment, just reducing my risks as best I can.

Gloves are tough to use properly. Putting on a pair of gloves in the morning and keeping them on all day does nothing.

When youre touching everyone elses things and wiping down conveyor belts after each customer and carts, gloves would be nice to have...

They're not gonna open on July 17 and the people who politicize mask wearing are 100% to blame.

Everything can go back to "normal" if you just wear a mask.

It's science not fear. The rest if the world believes in science. Which is why the international parks are open and us parks aren't. Good job

You’re right, they’re not going to open on July 17th, they’re going to open on July 11th, and July 15th

We know no such thing! Having that mask on and then touching it and touching your face or putting it under your nose or chin could absolutely increase your chances because your are now breathing in those droplets on the outside of your mask directly into your nose or mouth.

What we DO know is that past studies on masks and viruses show that they do not decrease your chance by much of catching a respiratory virus. There has not been a mask study with Covid. What we DO know is physical distancing works. And we also know that mask wearing tends to make people physically distance less.

Wash your hands and don't get too close to people! When you take your mask off for a break TAKE IT OFF don't just put it under your chin!
That's why you're supposed to keep it on, not keep it on the chin or neck. That's the issue - people aren't doing it correctly.

And no, the studies aren't there yet, but stories like the one where the two hair stylists who were asymptomatic served 140 people, everyone wore the masks, and no one else got it. The masks work as long as everyone cooperates, which is what we're NOT seeing (at least in FL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter