Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a boomer, myself, I wear a mask faithfully every time I leave the house. My son in law is the exact description of what you said your dad is like. So it’s funny how that works. Living in Florida I don’t see a lot of young people wearing a mask. Many will dislike what I say, but I can’t imagine WDW reopening in July. I also think UO and SW will have to take the step to close again. DVC will stay open but the parks may delay. Just my opinion.
I completely agree. I doubt very much WDW is opening, or that the other parks will stay open. They might even be closed by Monday. The situation in Florida is very, very serious.

What I don’t get is why are we solely worried about masks?
Like is everyone just trusted to wash their hands and sanitize frequently?
Or is it that gloves are in short supply and maybe by the Fall they'll be “required” also? If I were a cashier or waitress I would 100% have gloves touching item after item.
Where is the science in all of this? I am all about keeping my family safe, but there comes a point where we have to stop living in fear.
The science has demonstrated that the transmission of respiratory droplets is the most common means of spreading the disease. Singing, talking, breathing, and chanting are the culprits, along with sneezing and coughing. This is amplified in indoor spaces, but outdoor spaces are not “safe” from the transmission of respiratory droplets, especially if people are spaced close together. Surface transmission (touching things touched by someone who was infected) is very rare, if it happens at all. The science is there, which is why everyone is so focused on masks. It’s just that a lot of people didn’t like what the science had to say.

What I don’t get is why are we solely worried about masks?
Like is everyone just trusted to wash their hands and sanitize frequently?
Or is it that gloves are in short supply and maybe by the Fall they'll be “required” also? If I were a cashier or waitress I would 100% have gloves touching item after item.
Where is the science in all of this? I am all about keeping my family safe, but there comes a point where we have to stop living in fear.

Gloves are tough to use properly. Putting on a pair of gloves in the morning and keeping them on all day does nothing.

I was booked to stay 2 nights at SOG-July 6-8. Just received an email stating they're not opening July 1 as planned. It's been pushed back to July 15. Not sure if that affects anyone here but thought I'd share.

Oh wow. That makes sense though, I don't imagine a lot of people travel all the way to shades for resorts only trips. It probably also has to do with the increased travel restrictions many military bases are now seeing which would make fewer people able to come in the immediate future. Hopefully, July 15th works out for Shades, onsite isn't a feasible option for a lot of families due to cost if Shades remains closed.

In order to be able to not “live in fear” we need to take serious precautions when opening. They go hand in hand. This is why masks are important in conjunction with distancing where possible. This is why Disney has been so “strict” with everything they’ve done despite people proclaiming it won’t last and they’re never going to come back again. I’m sure they have planned for Florida to turn into a complete cluster, and are doing their best to be able to ride it out. Will they or won’t they, who knows.

Staying home for months on end only to be right back where we started, or worse, is not what anyone wants.

Just to clarify she's saying 2020 tickets will be on sale?
Yes. We were canceling a room which auto canceled the tickets but she said that was okay because we could just repurchase tickets on the 28th. We have no 2021 travel booked, we were only asking about 2020. If this isn't true I apologize but she was certain. And this was guest services, not just a phone CM. We had to wait two hours to talk to a CM then four hours for GS to actually help us.

edit: I posted an update but seems the GS rep may have slipped up. Apparently she then said “some time this summer” which my husband just relayed to me now. Many apologies for getting hopes up!!

Last edited:
Yes, but when this happened before, bars still served to go drinks. So, couldn’t F&W and pool bars still operate as long as they don’t allow you to congregate and sit at the bar to drink?
I think they could get into trouble because they’re part of a larger “premises.” I mean it’s possible but I’m not sure Disney would want the added hassle.

All the people around him are people that will give the opinions he likes. I'm sure there are many that would disagree, but you won't see them on the panel. I don't trust politicians nor the people they cherry pick to give us information. Clearly, what he has done has not worked. But the political aspects of this is probably best discussed elsewhere, including media bashing.
The only people I'm listening to are doctors, not politicians....well, maybe the ones who actually listen to doctors and those pesky things called facts.

50% of revenue has to come from food, no way does that happen at JL. Order was effective immediately so not surprised they're already closed (feel bad for staff members). Having a patio doesn't matter for this.
Yeah JL has snacks only. I wish they had more food because I love it there!

The worse part of the outbreaks for Florida, Texas and Arizona is there clearly will be no summer weather reprieve before a second outbreak in the Fall.

We are basically in this until we get a vaccine.

Which is why if Disney pushes the opening back, they won't be opening until there is a vaccine. Because the situation is not going to improve until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter