Crowds during Free Dining

Great minds think alike. I am also checking in Sept 29 for the same idea. Also from the Bounce Back program:banana:
Keep in mind that people were able to book 14 nights of free dining in the regular promotion, so some won't be leaving until Columbus Day weekend.

We were there last time towards the end of September/begining of October and the crowds were pretty light. Nothing compared to summer months!

we were there sept 2005 and then sept 2006. definitely more crowded in 2006. doesn't stop us from going back this year!!!! :goodvibes

my brother, sister and I went back in August of 2005 when it had just started and it was really empty. we got on EVERY ride within 5 minutes. I wish we could go back at that time again, but its a no-go. Oh well! Myabe next year!:rolleyes1

We were there Sept 11-16. Dozens of people in the parks; millions of love bugs. Really, Friday(an EMH night) at AK was fairly busy with a 25 minute wait for Kali. It was hot. Then Saturday at MK was Saturday at MK, lost of groups and locals. We were time monitors several times and all were one minute except Snow White(0 minutes) and Dinosaur, (10Minutes) including a preshow. At Epcot, only Biergarten was taking walkups, and they were waiting an hour to be seated. Never saw so many po'ed people.

We were there Sept 11-16. Dozens of people in the parks; millions of love bugs. Really, Friday(an EMH night) at AK was fairly busy with a 25 minute wait for Kali. It was hot. Then Saturday at MK was Saturday at MK, lost of groups and locals. We were time monitors several times and all were one minute except Snow White(0 minutes) and Dinosaur, (10Minutes) including a preshow. At Epcot, only Biergarten was taking walkups, and they were waiting an hour to be seated. Never saw so many po'ed people.

I see you are going back this year.... In general are you saying the lines for rides were not bad at all? I hear that the restaurants are PACKED.... What else did you notice about crowds, rides, and restuarants????? I am very interested!!!!:)

We were there last year sept 24-oct 4. The whole vacation we had light crowds but the first 4 days it was so nice with very very light crowds. We are going the same time this year sept 22-oct 3

I felt that crowds were higher than usual last September (not scientific, just a feeling), but way less than summer. The days we planned according to tourguidemike and touring plans were great with little or no waits. When we went our to MK on a "not recommended" day, it was somewhat crowded by afternoon with 30-40 minute waits for Peter Pan. Even on that day, it wasn't very crowded in the morning.

We're going this year 9/2-9/9. I have a plan to avoid overcrowded TS. I made our ADR's for odd times. Do you think this will help us feel less crowded? Our times are, from 1st day to 7th: 11:20am; 5:20pm; 4:30pm; 1:20pm; 7:25pm (this is a normal time at Ohana so we can watch fireworks from the beach post-dinner); 5:15pm; 1:20pm

What do you think? We're planning early rope-drop mornings, afternoon naps, and early to bed (except for Fantasmic & MK fireworks. Do you think we can avoid the crazy crowded times at TS?

We're going this year 9/2-9/9. I have a plan to avoid overcrowded TS. I made our ADR's for odd times. Do you think this will help us feel less crowded? Our times are, from 1st day to 7th: 11:20am; 5:20pm; 4:30pm; 1:20pm; 7:25pm (this is a normal time at Ohana so we can watch fireworks from the beach post-dinner); 5:15pm; 1:20pm

What do you think? We're planning early rope-drop mornings, afternoon naps, and early to bed (except for Fantasmic & MK fireworks. Do you think we can avoid the crazy crowded times at TS?

From what I hear and see on here.... I really don't think there is anyway to beat the TS crowds.... I think all TS restaurants are going to be packed... But since you made ADR's, you will be all set!!!:thumbsup2

We were there last year for free dining from 9/30 to 10/8. It was a lot more crowded than we expected. Keep in mind, there were many things going on during that period that contributed to the crowding. The Food and Wine festival was going on at Epcot, Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween had just kicked off and of course Columbus Day weekend. This year we are going from 9/22 to 9/30 and hope for the crowds to be a little better although we expect that they will increase as we get closer to the end of the month.

With the TS completely booked in many cases, there won't be any times when it will feel less crowded in the restaurants. Your dinner ADRs are early enough that most restaurants won't be behind on seating though (with the exception of 7:25).

So the Ts will be packed no matter what, but what about the parks the Sunday/Monday/Tuesday of Labor Day? What should the game plan be for those 3 days?

Hmm... I was there last September, 2nd week. Like a lot of previous posters had said, the lines were minimal except for a couple of rides like Peter Pan and Winnie the Puh, Soarin' once. But then you use the fastpass, return time in less than an hour, hit other attractions and you're set!
And about TS.. last year I had all the restaurants that I wanted. I even cancel some during my stay and booked Kona (which was empty at 7pm!) and Teppanyaki without problem.
I have to say that this year I had a little bit more trouble with Liverty Tree and Le Cellier, also Ohana, but I could got tables at the end.
Good luck and make your ADRs as soon as posible.

We're staying at a resort but we think we'll skip most EMH's. We're going the 1st week of September. I got most ADR's I wanted, all the restaurants but not always the times I wanted. We're now 83 days out, however, and my sister is thinking of joining me for the last 4 days with her 3 boys. We are now struggling to re-make some. So that is a bummer that it is such a crowded time you can't make ressies 80 days out. But oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter