Crowds during Dapper Days??

Satye1

Mouseketeer
I'm trying to find out how bad (in terms of how crowded) Dapper Days will be at the parks?

We booked our trip not realizing it falls during Dapper Days end of Feb/beginning of March. :lmao:

I've not been yet, will be going this year, but have heard the day of the actual Dapper Day in the parks is very crowded.

It was a bit crowded in DLR but DCA felt better. It seems that the Dapper Day people arrive later in the day so I would suggest getting to the parks as early as you can to maximize all attractions, etc. It's a great time to be at the park. We were dressed up and enjoyed people watching, strolling around the parks and not necessarily trying to get on all of the attractions.

I wanted to also specify I was only there on Sunday which seems to be the main day for Dapper Days.

I'm trying to find out how bad (in terms of how crowded) Dapper Days will be at the parks?

We booked our trip not realizing it falls during Dapper Days end of Feb/beginning of March. :lmao:

Here are things that might have an impact on crowds for the weekend.

Sat, February 28, 2015: Spring Dapper Days
Sat, February 28, 2015: JR Spirit [Cheer] Championship (Held at the Hyperion/Aladdin Theater)

Sun, March 1, 2015: Spring Dapper Days
Sun, March 1, 2015: CityRace Disney California Adventure
Sun, March 1, 2015: JR Spirit [Cheer] Championship (Held at the Hyperion/Aladdin Theater)

The above info is from this link http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3358090

Besides these events, Disney Diva's are also going to be there. Here's a link to the Diva's info. http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3075377&highlight=divas

Have a fun trip!

Geemo

It was a bit crowded in DLR but DCA felt better. It seems that the Dapper Day people arrive later in the day so I would suggest getting to the parks as early as you can to maximize all attractions, etc. It's a great time to be at the park. We were dressed up and enjoyed people watching, strolling around the parks and not necessarily trying to get on all of the attractions.

I'd say this is spot on. I felt like it was crazy busy at DLR, but DCA wasn't bad in the AM. I wouldn't expect to ride much, but the people watching is great. I was grateful I skipped the stroller, it became a huge problem the more crowded it got.

Pretty sure I read that means it will be closed Friday thru Sunday.

I think you are right. I looked up some info about the cheer competition and they will be on the Hyperion Theatre where Aladdin plays all weekend.

I plan on seeing both of the new Frozen shows instead :)

We'll be there that weekend as well. All Tucson schools have Thursday/Friday off for rodeo. So, DLR is a popular destination for Tucsonans that weekend. With the other stuff that Geemo posted, I'd guess we're in for a busy weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter