• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cross your heart we're going! Cross it!An Unexpected April Adventure! TR Started!!!!

Psst... hey Angie... guess where you're going to be in five days??? :eek: Seems like just yesterday a little birdie told me you'd started a PTR and that I should join in on the fun. ;)

Splash is definately a favorite! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I actually like getting wet... just a little anyway.

:banana::banana: 5 DAYS :banana::banana:

You must be sooo excited, heck I'm excited for you :laughing:

To catch up...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter despite all the cooking. We always go to my parents for Easter dinner but since this was the first Easter without my grandparents and my parents just returned on Friday from a month in South Carolina, we decided to all go out for Easter brunch instead of the traditional dinner. It was lovely, the food was yummy, and there was no cooking and no cleanup!

I completely agree on Soarin' as my favourite attraction at Epcot and same for my DH. Ella's favourite is Spaceship Earth and Jean's is Turtle Talk with Crush.

You're right about MK being really hard to choose a favourite, but I think mine is Peter Pan - I loved flying over the city :goodvibes Ella's is BTMRR and Jean's is SM. DH really can't decide!

Good luck in the next few days with all the last minute things (no matter how well I plan I always have last minute things to do :rolleyes1)!

Awwww..the opening show at MK! I love it! It makes me SO excited to go!

Only 5 days for you.....YAY!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Ooohhh....I know..me too!! MK opening show is the best!!:cloud9:

5 days:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

And I agree with you on the Spash Mountain vote too. I just love that ride with all the cute details and then the big plunge into the Briar Patch! So much fun!!!!

Splash Mountain is soooo much fun!! It's funny because the first time I rode I spent so much time worrying about the big plunge at the end I didn't realize how cool the ride really is! I made sure to relax and look around the second time we rode! Glad I did!;)

I completely agree about the details at Splash!

FIVE days!!!!!!!!!!!:cool1:

:goodvibes Such a cool ride! Can't wait!

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:
5 Dancing Bananas for 5 Days!!​

I love Splash too! I'm hoping to get Zach on there this year - he's afraid of water in his face... I'm hoping that if we both wear our ponchos he'll give it a try. :confused3

YAY! for the 5 Dancing Bananas!!:thumbsup2:laughing:

I hope Zach decides to ride!!:goodvibes Great idea on the ponchos!! When Noah was 4 we took him to Marineland which is a smaller version of SeaWorld and he got splashed or more like drenched by the Killer Whales in one of the shows. He started screaming and freaking out, obviously we were very hesitant to ride Splash with him because of that... but everything turned out fine and in our pictures as we were going down the huge hill he had the biggest smile on his face. It was great!! I think that is one of the reasons SM has now become one of my favorites!!;)

I can hardly believe that your trip is so close! Just 5 days!

I love everything about the Magic Kingdom too. There's not one attraction there that I can say "let's skip that" to. I agree with you about Splash Mountain. It's such a great ride and the details are great. Hopefully, you won't get as soaked on it as we did this last trip.

:goodvibes

Love Splash Mountain....not so thrilled about getting soaked. Last April, when we rode I was in the very front and on the right side of the log so I definitely got wet! This trip, I'm trying to talk DH into taking the front instead.....we'll see how that goes.:rolleyes1

Psst... hey Angie... guess where you're going to be in five days??? :eek: Seems like just yesterday a little birdie told me you'd started a PTR and that I should join in on the fun. ;)

Splash is definately a favorite! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: I actually like getting wet... just a little anyway.

Hey Tracy!!:goodvibes Hmm....guess what? 4 days now!!:yay: I can't believe how fast time has flown by!! Hopefully, it will go by just as fast for you and then you'll be seeing all the pretty Christmas lights and decorations.:cloud9:....so exciting!!;)

Yeah...I like to get a little wet, especially last August when it was soooo hot, but in April it's still a little cool or at least it was last year....so getting soaked wasn't quite as fun for me.:rotfl:

:banana::banana: 5 DAYS :banana::banana:

You must be sooo excited, heck I'm excited for you :laughing:

To catch up...

I'm glad you enjoyed your Easter despite all the cooking. We always go to my parents for Easter dinner but since this was the first Easter without my grandparents and my parents just returned on Friday from a month in South Carolina, we decided to all go out for Easter brunch instead of the traditional dinner. It was lovely, the food was yummy, and there was no cooking and no cleanup!

I completely agree on Soarin' as my favourite attraction at Epcot and same for my DH. Ella's favourite is Spaceship Earth and Jean's is Turtle Talk with Crush.

You're right about MK being really hard to choose a favourite, but I think mine is Peter Pan - I loved flying over the city :goodvibes Ella's is BTMRR and Jean's is SM. DH really can't decide!

Good luck in the next few days with all the last minute things (no matter how well I plan I always have last minute things to do :rolleyes1)!

We're so excited!!!:woohoo: I can't believe we only have 4 days left and it seems like I still have so much to do.:eek: Oh well...hopefully I can pull it together and get everything done.:thumbsup2

What a great idea on the Easter Brunch!! We did that a couple years ago and it was so nice! This was actually the first Easter dinner I cooked at our house on Easter,usually we do it the weekend before because we are so busy on Easter going every place else. The cooking wasn't too bad...but having to clean-up afterward I could do without!:rolleyes:

Great pick on Spaceship Earth, Ella!!:goodvibes I love that ride too!! The boys would definitely put Turtle Talk as one of their favorites as well!:thumbsup2

Do you know we missed riding Peter Pan in August?:sad2: I was very sad because it's such a great ride! But every time we passed it the line was always sooo long.:sad2: This year it's on the top of our must-do list!;)

:banana::banana:YEAH 4 DAYS!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

Loving your countdown Angie!!! I would have to agree that Splash is my favorite MK attraction, (I think it's my OVERALL fave too)!! I am so excited to take Gabe on this for the first time!!! Also, thanks for posting the link to to the MK opening show! I hope we can catch it this time, it always puts a smile on my face when I watch it, it would be even better "live"!! It sounds like you all had a nice Easter!!!:goodvibes

Hi, I know i'm joining in a little late, but better late than never right? Your boys are adorable and I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Only 4 days left!!!

:banana::banana:YEAH 4 DAYS!!!!!!! :banana::banana:

Loving your countdown Angie!!! I would have to agree that Splash is my favorite MK attraction, (I think it's my OVERALL fave too)!! I am so excited to take Gabe on this for the first time!!! Also, thanks for posting the link to to the MK opening show! I hope we can catch it this time, it always puts a smile on my face when I watch it, it would be even better "live"!! It sounds like you all had a nice Easter!!!:goodvibes

Thanks Beth!:goodvibes: I've had lots of fun doing the countdown!

How exciting that it's going to be Gabe's first time riding Splash Mountain!! He's going to love it!!! Hopefully, you catch the MK opening show it is soooo much better live!!!;)

YAY! Only 16 days for you!! Trust me...it will go by soooo quick!:thumbsup2

Hi, I know i'm joining in a little late, but better late than never right? Your boys are adorable and I can't wait to hear all about your trip when you get back.

Only 4 days left!!!

YAY! Thanks for joining in!!!:goodvibes I always love new readers!:thumbsup2

I can't believe we only have 4 days left!!!:yay::yay:

Hi Everyone!! Hope you're all having a good day!! It's been a good day here!! I've been able to get a lot of school work done today which is great because I need to be really far ahead since I won't be able to work on it next week. And....speaking of next week....only 4 days left until we leave!!!:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: Still can't believe it! So, I have been inspired by DisMomAmy's to-do lists on her PTR and decided to finally get around to writing up one single to-do list. Generally, I think I'm a pretty organized person. But, I tend to leave a lot of little lists around everywhere. I decided to gather all those little lists today and make one 4 day list...ex. things to do just for today, Fri, Sat. and Sun. I think that way it won't all seem overwhelming. Some major things that still need to be done are:eek:--

*Get copies of the boys birth certificates for GAD vouchers.
*roll change
*finish up laundry.:laundy:
* make tags for boys shoes
* pay bills
* clean house
* stop mail!!!
* Print entertainment schedule

I can get it done....right?

I also just checked the weather again and it still looks like a sunny week with highs in the upper 70's and lower 80's. I'll take it!!:thumbsup2

Lastly, here is a picture of our countdown calendar that I took yesterday--
100_2596.jpg

See how empty it looks!! You may remember at the beginning I had put stickers and pictures under each Mickey head but it started looking really cluttered and we decided that seeing it look empty made it look like we were getting closer...if that makes sense?:confused3 Anyways, next time I may write something underneath that says "We're on our way, or We're going to Walt Disney World" that way it won't all be showing until they pull off the last one. Oh and the boys chose to hang it under our Mickey puzzle in the hall so I had to include that in the picture...it makes me smile every time I see it!!;)

Well, now since we are 4 days away!!:woohoo: Let's get on with our #4 favorite thing in Walt DisneyWorld!!! Since next week right about this time we should be getting ready to head to Disney Hollywood Studios, then it would only be fitting that our next favorite would be...

4. Favorite Disney Hollywood Studio Attraction! (and if you have read any of my reports you probably know this one already)

100_1006.jpg

100_1007.jpg

100_1008.jpg

100_1009.jpg

100_1010.jpg

Toy Story Mania!! We love this ride!! When I asked everyone to pick their favorite this one won hands down! So much fun and now that we have it for Wii I think I can actually improve my score this time....hmm..we'll see.:rolleyes1 **One cool thing I learned about this ride is that during the practice round, the ride gauges your skill level and then adjusts the difficulty for each rider so that there is more of a level playing field...pretty cool, huh?

Only 4 days to go!!!!:dance3:

Oh my goodness...only 4 days!! How do you stand it!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Love the list...as a list girl, I approve! :thumbsup2 It looks like a completely do-able list with 4 days to go. Just concentrate on checking off one thing at a time and you'll be fine!

LOVE TSM!! We have it for Wii as well and it's so fun! I did not know that about the ride adjusting for skill level. Interesting! I still end up losing terribly....what does that say about my skill??? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Oh my goodness...only 4 days!! How do you stand it!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Love the list...as a list girl, I approve! :thumbsup2 It looks like a completely do-able list with 4 days to go. Just concentrate on checking off one thing at a time and you'll be fine!

LOVE TSM!! We have it for Wii as well and it's so fun! I did not know that about the ride adjusting for skill level. Interesting! I still end up losing terribly....what does that say about my skill??? :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Thanks Missy!!:goodvibes I think I should be able to get everything done...it's really just last minute stuff. Hopefully, I won't think of anything else to add to the list though.:rolleyes1

TSM for the Wii is so much fun!! Love it! I think it's my favorite Wii game right now! Although, my brother brought over Just Dance for the Wii the other night. We were laughing so hard playing it!! It was great because there was a ton of songs from the 80's and 90's....ahhh...memories! :rotfl:Anyways, such a fun game!:thumbsup2

:woohoo: for 4 days!!

You can totally get that list done! You're like me, I think of something and I have to write it down right away.... so I end up with many versions of lists. Good call on the merge.... :thumbsup2 Toy Story Mania is absolutely a favorite in DHS! :banana: I had no idea about the adjustments they made, I like that :goodvibes

You can totally get that list done! You're like me, I think of something and I have to write it down right away.... so I end up with many versions of lists. Good call on the merge.... :thumbsup2 Toy Story Mania is absolutely a favorite in DHS! :banana: I had no idea about the adjustments they made, I like that :goodvibes

Thanks!!:goodvibes I'm so glad I decided to merge the lists together...it's definitely less confusing now!;)

:woohoo:for TSM!! I know...I didn't realize about the adjustments until I was reading it in one of the new travel books I picked up last month. I thought it was a very cool idea!:thumbsup2

Hi Everyone!! I know...I've said this everyday but I still can't believe we've almost made it!! YAY!!! Only 3 days left!!! 3 days to finish my school work, finish my to-do list, and finish packing!:eek: I can do it!....okay...deep breath:laughing:

So, the other morning DH and I woke up to hear the boys talking in the next room....no big deal I guess...except it was 5:45am in the morning!:scared1: Guess what they were discussing?? What they wanted to buy when they got to Disney!! Yes at 5:45am!! I think they are excited...what do you think?:rotfl:It got me thinking that I should make a list myself. I have an idea what I want to buy for souvenirs but I thought maybe if I wrote it down I wouldn't forget anything...of course I left a little extra for spontaneity but here's what I got so far--

Souvenir Wish List!!

* T-shirt
* Photo Album
* Christmas Ornament (get every trip)
* Key Chain
* Notepad and Pen (get every trip)
* Four Parks One World CD (maybe)

I also want to check out Basin this trip in DTD...any suggestions if I decide to get something there?

Now that I have shared my souvenir wish list....it's time for some more favorites! Since one week from today we will be in Animal Kingdom I thought I would share our favorite attraction/show in Animal Kingdom!

3. Favorite Attraction/ Show in Animal Kingdom! (just as in Epcot, we don't agree on our favorites in this park.) I'll show my favorite first.....

100_1786.jpg

Expedition Everest!! I rode it for the first time last trip and loved it!! The boys have both agreed they are going to try it for the first time this trip and I'm so excited for them....I know they are going to love it!!

However, when I asked them last night to pick their favorite ride....one said Kilimanjaro Safari and the other said Primeval Whirl :rolleyes:. They really couldn't decide so that is why I also added our favorite show!! There is one thing they can agree on and that is how much they love:love:.....

100_0629.jpg

100_0630.jpg

100_0637.jpg

Finding Nemo The Musical!! Here is the boys very favorite song from the musical on You tube---Have a look!;)
Finding Nemo The Musical

3 Days Left!!!:yay::yay::yay:

Finding Nemo the Musical is my favorite Disney attraction!!!!! Happy 4 days and counting!!!!!!!

Hey Angie... I'm home today while taking Alex to his last hockey tournament of the year. He's between games so I got to sneak in some DISing and I can see your pictures!! :thumbsup2

Three dancing bananas :banana: for :banana: three :banana: days!!!!

I have a 2006 and a 2009 Christmas ornament and I so regret not having a 2007 or 2008... do you think they're selling them discounted anywhere?? :rotfl:

Basin! I want some bath bombs to put in a big open jar/vase... just to make the whole bathroom smell pretty! :goodvibes

EE ... :woohoo: and Nemo... :cool1: awesome choices! Hmmmm, another souvenier suggestion.... the little Yeti bobble-head. So cute! I think I want one for my desk at work! :rotfl:

Totally missed your day 4 update! :scared1: We love TSM too! I think that would be unanimous (just asked Alex and he said RnRC, ToT, TSM & Little Mermaid :confused3 all tied for his favorites).

Glad you could pull everything together into one list! If you have time, please post pictures of the tags you make for the boys shoes - I'm curious...

THREE DAYS!! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I love the idea of making a list of souvenirs. I always come home wishing I had purchased a certain item. I'm totally going to steal your idea and make a list for my trip! :thumbsup2

We saw Nemo for the first time last Spring and really enjoyed it! Good choice! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter