Crocs--really?

My daughter and I both have accessory navicular syndrome which causes flat-footedness. Crocs, when correctly sized, do not touch the sides of your foot. They are the ONLY shoes I have ever found completely comfortable because they put no pressure on extra bone on the side of my foot. They are clunky, and ugly, and I tried on several pair of pretty, girly flip flops today trying to find something to wear with my sundresses. But I can't possibly walk all over DC and Disney in the flip flops - they were all too flat and too restrictive over the top of my foot. So, yes, really, I'll be wearing my crocs again this trip.

(And in case you're wondering, you can't see the extra bone unless you know where to look, so I won't be scaring small children if I do pick up a pair of flip flops for short distances...:rotfl:)

I love my cleo and patra crocs. Teva's wouldn't even last an hour. I had them and the straps hurt like h*ll.

OK, I hear people rave about Crocs for Disney. Today we went to the zoo and I wore my Crocs, which I never do at the zoo. We have a membership and we go all the time. I always wear sneakers.

We walked around half of the zoo today, and it's 40 acres total. MY BACK WAS KILLING ME after half an hour. I came home and couldn't move, it was awful. I've had my Crocs for about six months and I do wear them often, just not on long walks...

How do you wear those things all day?
I'm not you.

:)

Some sage advice from the elders...

The world don't move to the beat of just one drum...what might be right for you might not be right for some.

They are some pretty ugly shoes, no doubt about it. But they're comfy as hell for me.

I don't have problems with my back, but I tend to get blisters, and the traction in the rain is nonexistent.

The world don't move to the beat of just one drum...what might be right for you might not be right for some.

A man is born,
he's a man of means
Then along comes two,
they got nothing but their jeans.
But they got,
Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes,
Diff'rent Strokes.
It takes,
Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.

:banana:

I have a damanged achilles tendon and bone spurs, crocs (originals) are one of the few shoes I can wear comfortably for long periods of time. In fact I recently bought some flip flops at the outlet (with the double built up heel, not the flat ones) and THEY are comfortable. I just ordered the RX ones (blk and brn are both on sale for 19.99) because they are made for people with ortho problems and I'm hopeing they will work with my blk and brn work pants.

Love my crocs. I will say though that they make my feet sweat, but I wear anklets with the regular ones and I use antipersperant on my soles with the flipflop and sandles. Seems to work out for me.

I love my cleo and patra crocs. Teva's wouldn't even last an hour. I had them and the straps hurt like h*ll.

I love my Crocs Cleos, very comfy and nice looking too!

BTW... a tip regarding the Teva Mush Flip Flops.... I have to get men's sizes. The women's 10's are too narrow, and the strap is tight.... however, a men's size 8 is the perfect length AND width for my foot! They are SUPER comfy... My daughters call them my 'Man Flops'....

OK, I hear people rave about Crocs for Disney. Today we went to the zoo and I wore my Crocs, which I never do at the zoo. We have a membership and we go all the time. I always wear sneakers.

We walked around half of the zoo today, and it's 40 acres total. MY BACK WAS KILLING ME after half an hour. I came home and couldn't move, it was awful. I've had my Crocs for about six months and I do wear them often, just not on long walks...

Eck, I seriously do not know how ppl. like or wear them. They gave both my girls serious blisters last year (my 8 year old actually still has a mark from hers). I bought the ones they sell there and actually ended up taking them back. They asked why I was returning them and I simply showed them what a mess my girls feet were. No questions or problems after that!

I just wore a comfortable pair of sandals and flip flops (the nike ones are pretty comfy and lightweight) during my stay and switched back and forth every other day to prevent rubbing, etc... in the same spots on my feet. Amazingly I didn't get a single blister while down there. Just make sure you wear something you don't mind getting wet and that won't ruin if it does get wet. Pretty much guaranteed that you will (probably several times) get wet.

Personally, I think they are hideous :P

I love my crocs and wore them last year at Disney and they were great. But I did alternate and only wear themn every other day. Last week I bought some Skechers "crocs" and actually find them more comfortable than the official Crocs. I will take them with this year, but again, they won't be the only shoes I wear.

Thinking of wearing birkenstocks to the park.. Good idea? anyone experience this?

They work for me way better than Crocs. I have plantar facitis too, but my best advice is to bring a few pairs of good walking shoes. I find that even the most comfortable shoes give me blisters if I wear them too much.

My feet, which are flat and sensitive since I hit my fourth decade, do best when I switch my shoes around a lot--Birki's in the daytime and sneakers at night, then Crocs the next day.

I have the Crocs "Patricia" to wear to work. They are AMAZING! I have other Crocs, but none compare. I will take my tennis shoes for our October trip, but will wear my sandals mostly. Like everyone has said, each person is different, but these are definitely worth a try!

If you are prone to blisters, then you really ought to go to a sporting goods store and pick up Bodyglide. This anti-chafe balm stick is wonderful to wear on toes, heels that may blister. It is great with sneakers and actually any kind of shoe.

heard about it from atheletes on these boards. Now I swear by it.

We wore the trailbreak crocs at Disney 3 weeks ago and got our feet ripped apart!

My daughter and I both have accessory navicular syndrome which causes flat-footedness. Crocs, when correctly sized, do not touch the sides of your foot. They are the ONLY shoes I have ever found completely comfortable because they put no pressure on extra bone on the side of my foot. They are clunky, and ugly, and I tried on several pair of pretty, girly flip flops today trying to find something to wear with my sundresses. But I can't possibly walk all over DC and Disney in the flip flops - they were all too flat and too restrictive over the top of my foot. So, yes, really, I'll be wearing my crocs again this trip.

(And in case you're wondering, you can't see the extra bone unless you know where to look, so I won't be scaring small children if I do pick up a pair of flip flops for short distances...:rotfl:)
It's been almost 9 years since this thread started, but I found it because I wanted to see if anyone else found that Crocs shoes rub exactly on their accessory navicular bone! I'm having the opposite experience from you. The hard plastic button on the inside of my Crocs (where the hinge for the strap is) rubs exactly on that bone. Not a big deal for a short walk, but if I go more than a block or two, its quite painful. :-(

I have a standard pair of Crocs and I find them hard and not very comfy so those wouldn't work. But I have another kind that has the extra cushioned bottom and those are quite comfortable. For me though, I like Teva sandal. Everyone is different.

After I’ve walked for hours in my shoe selection of the day, “Merrill Sandals” or Sneakers, I like to switch out to my crocs when we’re relaxing at the pool or just sitting around the room. I belong to the group who recommends switching up your foot ware favorites when you’re doing a walking vacation. “Not just Disney”

I own croc ballet flats and thong sandals. I would never think of wearing my flats in the parks. I love them as my work shoes but not for 10 plus hours of continuous use. I always pack one pair of sandals for Disney. They are not the big thick kind either. I like the thinnest they have available. I don't wear them all day either. I always take mid day breaks, and that is when I change them out. I don't like the traditional style of crocs so I can't comment on those. I guess it depends on best style that works for you. My next croc purchase is the canvas top, I am going to try them out and see if they are theme park friendly for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter