Crocs Athens!

princess aurora said:
I'll need a report back on those Athens - How your toes hold up around that toe post? Trust me though you'll have happy feet. :cool1:
Thanks.

OK! I don't plan on wearing them all day long. I'm going to switch up my shoes just to make sure I don't get any blisters. I am also bringing moleskin with me so if they start to rub I may put a little of that around my toes.

I did wear them all day Sunday while grocery shopping, cleaning the house, etc... and my feet were very happy!

brer rabbit 28 said:
these are by far the nicest looking crocs i have seen.I would love a pair of these but i'm worried the toe post might cause blisters after a whole day of walking around the parks.Any views on this??

That's my concern too.. with flip flops, I always blister between my toes. I have the niles and think they're really cute. I love them. I also have beach which, while they're ugly, I love them:) I'm getting another pair (hallmark coupons).. not sure which color. So far I only have black!

Still hoping to hear from some of you who already have the Athens sandals how true-to-size they are. Anybody?

Eljay said:
Still hoping to hear from some of you who already have the Athens sandals how true-to-size they are. Anybody?

I have a very wide foot and normally wear a 9 or 9 1/2 in shoes. I bought my athens in a 9 and they fit perfectly!

I want to buy a pair of the Athens but am not sure which size I should get.

Anyone know who carries the Athens in-store? I wear an 8.5 M or an 8W. Would like to try them on. I need a new pair of black flips and think these would work great for everyday wear. My Gap beaded ones are starting to look rough.

ETA: Nevermind. I'm impatient. :rolleyes: I just found them at islandsurf.com with free shipping for $32. You have to pay to return them, but the will ship another pair for free.

This style is cute, but does it have a very high arch? The only sandals I can wear are Birkenstocks-- all others (Clarks, Ecco, Easy Spirit, Merrells, etc) I've tried don't have enough arch support.

I've never tried Crocs. Do they mold to your foot the way Birks do?

I have been a WOMEN's size 8 all my life...well as long as I can remember.

In every shoe/boot/sneaker/slipper/flip flop/sandal...I wear an 8!!

I recently bought my first pair of CROCS.

BEACH (womens) size 8-9 they fit AWESOME!!!! lite blue

ATHENS (womens) size 7 they fit AWESOME (and YES they ran BIG for me, tried the 8, felt like I had on a 9) hence the size 7....so comfy..lite blue/ivory

$29.99 per pair. Bought at EMS and Eblen's.

Hope this helps anyone....

darcyt said:
This style is cute, but does it have a very high arch? The only sandals I can wear are Birkenstocks-- all others (Clarks, Ecco, Easy Spirit, Merrells, etc) I've tried don't have enough arch support.

I've never tried Crocs. Do they mold to your foot the way Birks do?

All Crocs have moderate arch support. The resin is spongy, and has quite a bit of give to it, so although it is very soft and comfortable, if you have bone/foot structure issues, it probably doesn't offer the firmest support. I have moderately high arches, and the crocs arch barely touches. After a while, the heel compresses somewhat, and my arch feels a little more support, but not enough to keep my feet happy for more than an hour or two. I then switch to my orthotics.

snclopez said:
Okay, because of all of your great marketing strategies I just ordered two pairs for my WDW trip in April! I ordered the Chocolate Athens and the Black Niles. I ordered them from Shoestation.com where I had a 10% code (loyalty) if anyone is interested. They came to $26.99 a pair and free shipping over $50. $57.76 for two pairs! Anyone have a pair of the Niles, and if so can you tell me about them?

Thanks!!

:goodvibes

I ordered a pair off ebay a couple of weeks ago, and I really like them. I never could bring myself to buy the clogs (just too ugly for me). The Niles are kind of a compromise - not the most beautiful but I'm not embarrassed to wear them either.

When I first got them, I thought, "Well, they're pretty comfortable, but I don't think they're all that extra special." But then I started noticing that I was picking them over my other shoes on a regular basis. I was even wearing them in the house, and I'm a confirmed barefoot girl.

Now, I'll probably buy another pair in a different color. I really like the looks of the flip flops, but I just don't know about the thing between the toes...

I saw the Athens at Dillards the other day. My podiatrist even suggested getting the crocs, and I thought the color combos on the athens were great.

Suzanne

My Athens arrived yesterday from Nordstrom. I ordered the 8, my normal size. The length is fine so I'll keep them, but they do seem a little wide. Since we leave on Monday I'll just keep them and try them around the house for a while. The closest store with stock for us is Dick's Sporting Goods in Atlanta. I may try to find them in Orlando next week andtry a smaller size as well.

All the crocs are wide. I wear an A width, so my feet swim in them, but I'm getting used to that. Fortunately, with the beach, there's a strap on the back. Otherwise, I'd have flying shoes.

Didn't think about that-I probably should skip the flipflops. Bummer, the colors are nice.

Suzanne

tlovesdis: Did you find there was a size difference between the Beach and Athens styles? I can only find the Beach style to try on. I normally wear an 8 because of wide feet, but the Beach 8-9 seemed a bit big and the 6-7 just fit. I really, really want Athens flip flops! Have to order them online because no stores seem to carry them in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

GrumpyMommy said:
tlovesdis: Did you find there was a size difference between the Beach and Athens styles? I can only find the Beach style to try on. I normally wear an 8 because of wide feet, but the Beach 8-9 seemed a bit big and the 6-7 just fit. I really, really want Athens flip flops! Have to order them online because no stores seem to carry them in the NW suburbs of Chicago.

Well, I have a really, really wide foot (like EEE) and i had to get the beach in large and it fits great! My Athens are a size 9 and they also fit great. I think you just need to try them on if you can. They seem to all run differently!

DH bought me the blue and white Athens and a pair of green/pink Athens for DD. She loves them. Of course she loves her 3 pairs of Beach Crocs too. I am still not sure about mine. That toe post is just a little too stiff. I don't know if I would risk wearing them all day at a park. Maybe I will get used to them. My favorite flip flops (and I have many, many pairs of flip-flops) are the Teva Mush. Those are great..comfy, cushiony! I wear them all summer, anywhere including all day visits to theme parks.

Nuts! I am interested in those as well but I just checked with Dick's Sporting Goods and they said they were selling the Athens all winter and now won't be restocking. They did just get a huge shipment of the Beach ones... :mad:

WHY do stores do that? I am not in the frame of mind in the winter of thinking about getting flip flops. By the time I am, apparently it's too late. Same with bathing suits. Well, I have still seen flip flops around, but that doesn't help the Athens situation...

Laura

i just bought the lime fuchsia athens 2 off ebay i hope theyre comfy

OK, I might just get these. My favorite pair of shoes are speedos flip flops that are of course discontinued now. They are so comfortable. They're still in decent shape but I know I won't have them forever.

I saw a Crocs kiosk at the mall the other day. The Athens do look a lot like my speedos so I tried them on. I'm normally an 8-9, but I had to go down to size 7 to get even close. I passed on them because I just wasn't sure about the same arch support as my speedos. But, when I tried on my speedos again, the arch support wasn't as obvious. So, maybe I will try this Croc style.

Beth76 said:
OK, I might just get these. My favorite pair of shoes are speedos flip flops that are of course discontinued now. They are so comfortable. They're still in decent shape but I know I won't have them forever.

I saw a Crocs kiosk at the mall the other day. The Athens do look a lot like my speedos so I tried them on. I'm normally an 8-9, but I had to go down to size 7 to get even close. I passed on them because I just wasn't sure about the same arch support as my speedos. But, when I tried on my speedos again, the arch support wasn't as obvious. So, maybe I will try this Croc style.

YUP, me too....I posted above. The ATHENS (IMO) ran big. I am a true 8 and I ended up buying the size 7 as that was the perfect fit. The ATHENS 8 was just too big!!! Hope this helps. :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter