Crocs Athens!

Love Crocs. I am a convert and wear Caymans. Used them on 2 separate Disney trips last year and all last summer. If I'm going for a long walk I HAVE to use them otherwise I get sore feet and/or rub blisters.

I found Crocs in Canada (FINALLY) near me. I just bought my DDs 4 & 7 their first pair of pink caymans (they are too cute) for our up coming surprise trip to Disney in May. They were also selling Athens which I tried on but no Niles. Love the look and openness of the Athens but really worried about that hard toe post and blisters? Also it seems to me that they still "flip" and you're using your toes to hold them on which you don't do in Caymans therefore less tired feet. Any comments on that?

I'd really like the Niles or Athens just b/c my feet do get hot in my caymans and I'd love to show some toe (since I get a pedicure before going to Disney ;) ) I can't get Niles here in Canada though.

I just got back from the mall and found the Athens in a store. I have the Nile in a size 9 which I normally wear, but with the Athens, a size 8 fit me.

However, I'm not a flip flop person and I didn't think I could get used to the post between the toes real quick, so I passed on them. I want to try on Caymans, but I can't find them anyplace here.

I'm trying to break in a pair of Birki's now that has a strip between the toes, but I don't know if I can do it before we leave Friday. I'll take my other two pairs of Birki's plus the Crocs Nile to WDW.

I have a pair of Athens in blue and white and they are VERY comfortable and feel wider than the pair my DH has in black and khaki (we wear the same size).

I ordered mine from www.extremefootwear.com.

Free shipping, no tax. My crocs came by Priority Mail. Check out the site!!

I bought mine on ebay. Before my May trip, I'm planning on buying another pair in chocolate/light blue and a black pair for my boyfriend.

DeeCeeSW said:
I have a pair of Athens in blue and white and they are VERY comfortable and feel wider than the pair my DH has in black and khaki (we wear the same size).

I ordered mine from www.extremefootwear.com.

Free shipping, no tax. My crocs came by Priority Mail. Check out the site!!
Always my problem, I'm in Canada and they don't ship here :(. Crocs does of course but then there is extra shipping costs which just tacks on extra money for me. Trying to find Niles in Canada.

I'm glad to be reading all the positive comments. Mine shipped from Nordstrom yesterday, they "should" arrive by the time we leave. It's funny, here in GA, I called Nordstrom in Atlanta, they didn't have them. Didn't think of Dicks Sporting Goods up there. Well, I just called them and they DO have them, now to convince the family that they need to drive up to Atlanta tomorrow! :)

I went into EBLEN's (a retail store I think only in Central Ma and Northeast Ct) and was looking for dockers for my DS.

Well to my S U R P R I S E, the clerk was setting up an entire CROC display!!!!!!! :yay: :yay: :yay:

YIPPEE SKIPPEE I said!!! As I looked around, I also saw REEF's, which is my DS' DGF's FAVORITE sandal. They were $17.00. The exact same ones that are $24.00 on the REEF website. They had ONE MILLION pairs of REEFS.

Now back to CROCS. They had the CAYMAN'S and the ATHEN'S!!!! :love:

I already had a pair of BEACH Crocs...so decisions decisons....so many colors, so I decided the lite blue/ivory ones. :woohoo: :woohoo:

NOW JUST THE WAIT until the Northeast becomes a bit warmer to wear them.

Eblen's had both the Cayman's and Athen's at $29.99!!! :wave2:

Today I bought myself and DD7 our first pairs of Crocs....fuschia,Beach. I wanted the Athens but they didn't have them. I will keep looking.

Since these are our first pairs, how do you keep them clean? I was just wearing them around the house...they are great!!!!! Thanks. :cool1:

ok.....i just ordered the athens from nordstrom's....i'm hooked. i just hope i got the right size with the flip flops. i didn't go smaller like i did with the beac crocs. :)

Ooh, I hadn't seen this style! They look fun! I wish there was a pink and white pair, but I'd probably just get the black.

I just ordered mine online last week and they are coming next week according to tracking.

I have worn nothing else but the regular crocs for over a year. Ugly or not, if you walk with less pain, it's worth it. Actually for winter, the plain no hole clog ones with socks are really nice and I think don't look much different than regular clogs, I have navy blue, and for summer, khaki, with only holes on the sides also is not bad.

Anyway, I'm excited to get the Athens since they will finally look like a "normal" shoe, and I was so hoping they'd be as comfortable as the regular crocs. Now I'm really looking forward to them AND I hope they're nice for Disney in April. I ordered navy blue with the khaki bottom.

OK, you all have me heading to the Croc web sit to check these shoes out.

The only thing I know about them is that Mario Batali wears them on the Food Network channel and I've always thought of them as some of the ugliest shoes I've seen. However, I'm all about comfort so I'm definitely giving them a looksy, especially since I'll be recovering from a recent broken foot when our trip starts. (Getting the cast off next week :cheer2: )

Do you all work for the company or something? :grouphug: This is the most enticing advertising I've seen for any product ever.

See you in Disney! :wave2:

I got my first pair of Crocs the other week...got a beach black pair and I absolutely love love love them! I am thinking of buying more colors but geeezzz the $$$$$$!!! I bought a highlander pearl white pair to wear with my scrubs to work too and I am so glad I did. The only thing about the new white pair, they don't have the holes so my feet sweat alot...even with socks...but I still love them lots! :love:

Okay, because of all of your great marketing strategies I just ordered two pairs for my WDW trip in April! I ordered the Chocolate Athens and the Black Niles. I ordered them from Shoestation.com where I had a 10% code (loyalty) if anyone is interested. They came to $26.99 a pair and free shipping over $50. $57.76 for two pairs! Anyone have a pair of the Niles, and if so can you tell me about them?

Thanks!!

:goodvibes

jackdis said:
Since these are our first pairs, how do you keep them clean? I was just wearing them around the house...they are great!!!!! Thanks. :cool1:

I use Armoral-wipes. Brings back that "new" shoe shine. :goodvibes

Oh great idea Princess Aurora. I'm going to try that. I've just been wiping my butter Beach crocs with a damp paper towel because I wasn't sure what to use. Thanks for the tip!!

I have two pair! I have the Beach in Khaki and the Athens in Chocolate/LightBlue. I love them both! I'm trying them for the first time at Disneyland next week! I usually get horrible blisters and my feet kill by the end of each day. Hopfully this won't be the case!

tlovesdis said:
I have two pair! I have the Beach in Khaki and the Athens in Chocolate/LightBlue. I love them both! I'm trying them for the first time at Disneyland next week! I usually get horrible blisters and my feet kill by the end of each day. Hopfully this won't be the case!

I'll need a report back on those Athens - How your toes hold up around that toe post? Trust me though you'll have happy feet. :cool1:
Thanks.

My DD had a pair of the Nile Crocs. She stepped on a nail sticking out of a board and ripped the bottom (didn't hurt her foot). I think they are really ugly, even more ugly than regular Crocs. I think they look like cheap sandals you buy at the drug store. :sad2: Sorry if someone likes them, that's just MHO. She loved them and said they were really comfy. Now she just wears the Beach. We both want to try the new flip-flops, those look super cute! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter