Criminal Minds: DIS Official Thread 2 (Spoilers)

We are getting no Hotch info....how are they going to deal with his departure.....I don't get that at all

This is a potential Spoiler on how Hotch's exit may go. This was lifted from the IMDb website, compiled by some CM viewers who've been scouring articles that come out about the show:

Theoretical timeline on Hotch leaving

Most of this information has already been shared in other threads, but I decided to just put the stuff we know about Hotch in one thread and put in a possible timeline.

We know that Hotch will be on temporary assignment starting in episode 3 and that Prentiss will come back to help the team out. Hotch won't return however and Emily will become unit chief.

Erica Messer (exec producer & showrunner) said that Hotch will be having some family and personal issues since his father in law Roy (Ed Asner) will take a turn for the worse in regards to his health. (http://www.tvguide.com/news/criminal-minds-season-12-everything-you-need-to-know/)

So here's how everything might happen: - Hotch's last episode will be 12x02 (which airs this Wednesday - October 5)

- In episode 3, we'll learn that Hotch is on temporary assignment

- Also in episode 3, Emily will come back to help the team out since Hotch is away. -

A personal guess is Rossi will initially be in charge while Hotch is first away, and Rossi will call Emily for extra help since the team is down a person

- For a few episodes, Hotch will still be away on his assignment, Rossi will still be the one in charge and Emily is still in town helping out

- Kirsten (Garcia) mentions that Erica wrote the episode that will address Hotch, and Erica wrote episode 6.

So based on this, we'll find out about Hotch in episode 6, and maybe Emily will be become unit chief at the end of the episode, with her first episode as unit chief being episode 7, when she'll get her own office.

- I'm guessing that around episode 6, Rossi will find out that Hotch's father in law isn't doing well. Through Rossi, maybe we'll find out that Hotch is deciding to step away for a while to help Jessica take care of Roy and spend more time with Jack (since this will probably be a hard time for him). Or Hotch will decide not to come back at all and focus on his family instead

- With Hotch either being gone longer than expected or not coming back at all, Rossi will ask Emily to be unit chief. Or someone higher up like Cruz or the director offers Emily the job. But I could also see Rossi asking and saying he put in a good word for her and that the job is hers if she wants it. Emily will accept since we know she's staying and both Kirsten (Garcia) and Harry Bring (exec producer) have said Emily will be unit chief.

- Based on a behind the scenes photo of episode 7, Emily has her own office because someone posted a picture of her name on a door. So another reason to believe it will be around episode 7 that Hotch is officially out and Emily becomes unit chief. https://www.instagram.com/p/BK1JqidjFgO/

- In episode 8, Damon Gupton joins the show as a new agent. With Prentiss being unit chief now, it should be her who adds Stephen (I think that's the character's name) to the team

- It's possible they'll give an update or updates later on in the season about Hotch. If Hotch was originally just taking time off and Emily is just a temporary unit chief, maybe they'll find out Hotch has officially resigned from the FBI and Emily officially becomes the unit chief. "

Just a heads up for tonight - it was scheduled to be a new episode, but CBS is airing a rerun instead so they don't have to compete with the World Series :upsidedow The episode that was supposed to air tonight will air next week instead.

Yeah, it cost me a new episode of SVU as well. Maybe Designated Survive too?Wednesday night already took a hit two weeks ago for the debate.

So that's why some of my other shows did reruns this week. :idea:

So that's why some of my other shows did reruns this week. :idea:

Yeah, I looked a couple days ago and had a bunch of stuff set to tape last night. Even weeded some stuff out since there was too much. Then I was surprised today to find I ended up with next to nothing. I'm not real plugged into baseball this year so wouldn't have known why if someone hadn't said something here.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter