Criminal Minds -- DIS Official Thread 1 (SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A tip on a new TV series that I think may become the new "Criminal Minds." Some of you may have seen the premiere already on Mon. It's Kevin Bacon's new show on FOX, called The Following.

Kevin is an ex-FBI agent, pulled back into active duty to get ONE serial killer who has it in for him. It very much mimics the Hotch/The Reaper storyline. The difference is that this serial killer has a cult following, to carry on his work, :scared1: whereas the Reaper didn't.

This new show is rather gory. It's on cable TV - FOX, so we probably haven't even seen the half of what they will do. :crazy2: But, so far, it has about as much gore as some of the worst CM episodes. I think that kind of goes with the "serial killer" genre. :scared1: :scared: :faint:

Anyway, there are two threads about The Following so far on the CB. The will have to duke out which one stays (or not.) The Official thread lacks punctuation, so I think people have had a hard time reading the thread title. It would make more sense as: The Official "The Following" thread. The other thread is titled: Following with Kevin Bacon.

That "Hotch stare," that he gave to Rossi, when Rossi said, "At least he got to say goodbye. I can't imagine . . ." :lmao:

Another "Eye" episode. :headache: One of the writers has an eye fetish. :eek:

I kind of knew that she'd be next. She deserved to be punched for what she said. Ouch! Just not necessarily by a serial killer. :rolleyes1

A little FYI about the new Kevin Bacon, FBI series that I mentioned/recommended a page back:

The pilot/first episode re-airs this Friday on Fox at 9pm (EST.)

If you've been staying away from the 2 "The Following" threads because of spoilers, most people have said they like the show & will continue to watch. They did mention the high level of gore which goes with hunting serial killers. :crazy2:

So far, and this may change as the series takes shape, the show seems to let you know a couple seconds before the gore is coming. So you have a chance to look away. But, it turns into one of those "car accident" scenarios, where you are riveted and can't look away. "OMG! What is that???" For those who are squeamish, that is when you need to look away. :scared:

Unlike CM, which I am becoming quite disappointed in this 8th season :(, which has become about recycling old gimmicks: a third "eye" episode, a second member of the team losing the love of his life to a serial killer, or inserting gore, e.g. maggots into an episode just for the grossness of it, the gore in the "The Following" seems intrinsic to the storyline (so far.) It has a freshness that CM now lacks.

Anyway, this is not going to become a third thread on "The Following." This is just a heads up for those who like the intelligently written FBI suspense shows. popcorn:::thumbsup2

I tried to watch The Following - I can tell that it's really well done, but that's actually going to be one of the reasons I can't keep watching! It has me way too tensed up to make a regular habit. Not to mention the grossness factor - I couldn't even watch this episode of Criminal Minds, and I really wanted to!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter