Craziest present

At my cousin's wedding, they had the disposable cameras for the guests to take pictures with on each table. After the wedding, my aunt went to gather them and noticed her uncle ( he was a photographer) putting them in a bagl...she asked what he was doing and he said he was going to develop them for them....a few weeks after the wedding, he stops by and asks for $150 for the cost of developing the film.. They were shocked but wrote out a check..When he dropped the pictures by the next day, she went through them and found the receipt.. she found out that he paid 2 copies of each photo but kept the second set...and overcharged her by $50..Then preceded to try to sell them for $1 a piece to the people in the pictures...My Aunt was pissed and mentioned it to her mom ( the uncle's sister) she called up and yelled at him and he was upset that they expected him to do it for free and the $50 was for gas.....to drive to and from the wedding...

this is the same family that tried to take all of our clambake supplies after my grandmother died because they didnt think we would want it anymore....heck there are 3 kids, 10 ADULT grandkids and 8 great grandkids and someone wouldnt want 4 huge tables, 30 folding chairs, and 6 copper pots and all the serving utensils?

Maybe its a tradition with her family? I have gotten (among other things) a bag of M&Ms every year from my parents (42 bags!) I've continued the tradition and my kids get a bag every year now also. :thumbsup2

Have to admit I would rather have M&Ms than Twizzlers LOL

An old co-worker and I exchanged M&M's and M&M gifts for birthdays and Christmas every year for over twenty years after I moved several hundred miles away. We used to have to do a monthy report by a certain day and often times didn't get the reports from the DP/IT center until the morning the report was due so M&M's were our lunch. Her package from me came the day her son had a friend visiting and the poor boy was confused when she opened the package and her son just told him "I don't get it either but they do it to each other twice a year". I still have most of the non-edible stuff though I have regifted a few to people that commented on them.

Anyway - are you related to Sharon from Idaho, Colorado and most recently North Carolina because this could be the origin of your M&M?

[*]Control top pantyhose (she belongs to pantyhose of the month club and had a few hundred extra pair, so she gve me and SIL each a couple).
[/LIST]

There's a "pantyhose of the month club"??!! :eek:

My memorable one was DH's parents giving us a set of dishes they bought at a yard sale and their old dishwasher (when they replaced their's). Doesn't sound too bad until you find out these were our WEDDING presents!!

18 years and still trying not to be bitter......:angel:

The cheapest my sister. She got me some scary looking figurine with the McCrory price tag underneath $1.99. My DH has gotten the "Free" wallets you get when you used you order from Fingerhut, plastic & another holiday a can of saving cream with the blue plastic razor attached :laughing:

The saddest : when I was 20 my mom passed in Nov & that X-mas my not yet BIL & SIL (known me 4 years) got me a wrapped 12 pack of Corona Beer :sad2: Mind you the year before I got pearl earrings ?

The tackiest : My other sister sent me Christmas mugs 2 weeks "after" Christmas & my DH (used shirts someone gave that were in "excellent condition") & my DS a toy train set that broke when I opened it. No thought whatsoever. Not the cost but lack of thought that bugs me :confused:

The worst : Nothing, my brother sent nothing for my DS 5th birthday party or X-mas, he was working...

I already posted but just remembered another funny gift. dsil and ex-bil gave dh and I a tin of nice homeade cookies for Christmas one year which is fine but then ex-bil tells us that the gift was given to HIM and just re-gifted! A nice guy but he had some overly-frugal ways! I am really cracking up at this thread!:rotfl2:

not the craziest-but maybe the craziest presentation. when i was around 5 or 6 we were visiting my mom's best friend (we called her 'auntie'). auntie takes me into her bedroom and shows me a hope chest filled with beautiful pillowcases, all with hand edged lace and embroidering. she proceeds to tell me to choose the pattern i like because her tradition is to have little girls do this and when they become engaged someday she will gift them with the set in that pattern. o.k.-even at that young an age i thought it was pretty neat (i picked the ones with fawns because the reminded me of 'bambi'). years go by and i forgot all about the pillow cases, apparantly auntie did'nt-when i was around 28 and no closer to becoming engaged than i had been any other time she asked my mother about it a package arrived one day in the mail for me. inside the box was the lovely set of pillow cases with a short note that read "i give up":eek: :lmao: :lmao:

One Christmas my DH and I received a card from MIL along with a check for $100 with a little sticky note attached that read $75 for Dh and $25 for me.

When Dh and I were dating, I almost passed out when he arrived at my apartment with a little bundle of flowers, he had never given me anything before, I was so happy, and while I arranged them in a vase, he told me he
found them discarded lying in the parking lot at work. Ummm. I guess it's the thought that counts!!!;)

My DB last year sent us a box of samples he had been collecting over the year along with some medical supplies(he is a medical supply clerk) I was at a loss as to what to do with plastic rubber tubing and a plastic urinal/bedpan??? The crazy thing is that he paid $38 in shipping charges to mail it to us!:eek:

My dear grandmother (90yo) has forever given us money in a card with the inscription (and I kid you not) "go blow yourself". This means we are supposed to spend the money, not save it. Its always fun when a sibling marries and a new family members gets their first card! :rotfl:

I am laughing so hard I have tears rolling down my face. This is so something my great aunt would have/could have done. When my husband and I were dating she would say what are your plans for the day--just going to make love? Umm...err...not quite! She would give us $5.00 for holidays and tell us to be careful and not spend it all in one place. I would love to see the faces your new realtives make the first time they read that card!

These are hilarious! :rotfl2:

Makes me appreciate my family! I mean even the brightly colored tube socks my DH got from my Grandma one year pales incomparison to some of these! (And I'm not even done reading them yet)

The 2 funniest I know weren't actually MY experiences but...

My SIL got a photo frame as a wedding gift, it had been re-gifted...no biggie...BUT you should at least not re-gift something that had been personalized! Yep, when she opened it, it had her friends' name on it and a check for $50 (made out to the friends) !!! They had a good laugh over it. The friend had gotten so many frames as wedding gifts, she never even opened all of them out of the boxes!

And my other SIL got an interesting gift from her BIL. He took things from her house...frames, candles etc...and wrapped them and gave them (back) to her! It was a joke, but she didn't know what to say!

I forgot about this one because the present wasn't for me. When DH and I got married, HE got a card with a check in it from his Aunt. The card said for him to go out and get something HE wanted with the money and not to share with me. NICE:confused3

Gotta love MIL gifts. What are they thinking? :rotfl:

My MIL gave me an ironing board cover for Christmas last year. Problem is, I don't even own an ironing board. Maybe she was trying to imply that I need to iron clothes more frequently? :idea:

She also bought DH flannel pj bottoms for at least three or four years in a row. DH does not wear pjs to bed, or even while lounging around the house, and never has. We returned or exchanged them each year, after explaining to DMIL that while he appreciated the gift, DH simply doesn't wear pjs. The following Christmas, what does she buy him yet again??? :confused3

The best one, though, was the t-shirt she bought for my tweenage DS. DS is a very conservative dresser, and does not usually wear t-shirts with any sort of design on them (unless it is a boyscout class 'B'/camp shirt, or something with his school logo on it). Well, my MIL gave him a tee with a somewhat 'questionable' design on it--one that would probably be considered inappropriate according to his school's dress code standards. It showed two little monkeys in a tree. Problem is that one of the monkeys was quite obviously passing gas, and the other was holding his nose as he was overcome by the fumes and fell from the tree. Cute, huh? Needless to say, DS never wore that shirt (I was too embarassed to even donate it to Good Will, so it was cut up & used as 'cleaning rags' out in the garage). :rolleyes:

I know she means well... but really wish she would just stop and think about the person she is selecting a gift for, before wasting her money on something that may be totally inappropriate. :hug:

When DH and I arrived at our wedding reception I noticed one of my dad's best friends and also first police partner standing in a corner with his back turned doing something. :confused3 I knew it was wierd and it peaked my curiosity but something distracted me and it was quickly forgotten. When we finally got a chance to sit down I was shocked to see a goldfish bowl with two goldfish in front of our place settings. It did'nt take long to figure out what was going on in the corner. He had to get the fish out of the bags into the bowl, etc. The photographer had seen it and took some amazing pictures of the fish/bowl on the table surrounded by our floral table centerpiece. :) In fairness, I have to say this was not our only gift, just an extra, I had worked in a pet shop for over 13 years, he knew we had quite a few aquariums and were animal crazy and when I was a little girl I used to love going to his house because he breed fish and I was almost always allowed to pick out a couple of fish to bring home for our tanks. So... the gift actually had a lot of sentimental value for many reasons - but a whole lot of our guests just assumed he was nuts! 8 years later and we still have those two fish, they just would no longer fit in a bowl and are quite happy in their 38 gallon tank!

I think this is the sweetest gift!! :lovestruc

We have a dear, dear family friend who will be 101 in October (and she's a firecracker!) Ever since I've known her, she's taken things around her house and wrapped them up. You never know what you are going to get from her- it's often times hillarious.

My favorite was one my SIL got from her- first Christmas in the family (I don't think they were even married yet.) It was a small box of Whitman's samplers. Some of the chocolates were gone. The papers were alls till there- she'd filled them with mini SNickers still in the wrappers and walnuts. SIL didn't even know what to say, it was just too funny!

We also threw her a surprise party when she was 90. She thought the party was for a neighbor's Sweet Sixteen. I picked her up to bring her to the hall and she confided to me she'd had no idea what to get a 16 year old girl. So she wrapped up a black plastic comb (the kind they give you at school pictures) in a piece of notebook paper for her. I was happy the party was really not for that girl to have her get that as a gift! :)

On the flip side, she once gave me an awesome 50's era ceramic mixing bowl. I LOVED that bowl! I broke it a year ago and felt horrible!

that is priceless...i love that story...then again if it weren't for the fact that she is 101, i might think she is a cheap @$$ B. Wonder what she was like when she was young, whether or not she was that way back then...

My husband and I were reading this and he wanted me to add this one. When he was in the Gulf War, a friend of his got a care package from home. Inside it, among other things, were feminine products with a note saying he could use them to get in with the girls. Not sure how that would have worked anyway, but they were an all male unit.

I forgot some of the gifts MIL has given DD. DD was the first grandchild, all through pregnancy MIL told me I better be having a boy. We told her several times the sonogram said girl. Everytime she saw me she would say "you know, I only want a grandSON, no girls so that sonogram just better be wrong"

It wasn't. DD has been a girly girl from the get go! Always wanted the pinkest frilliest dresses she could see. MIL always bought her blue or green pant sets.

One year for Christmas MIL bought DD2 a tractor. She kept saying tomboys all needed tractors. whatever!

Another year for Valentines Day she bought DD a jeans outfit, jeans, jean jacket and blue shirt. MIL always buys things 5X to big saying "they'll grow into it". By this time I had my DS. DD opens her jeans and says "Oh here you go brother, this is for you it is a boys outfit". MIL said oh no girls wear jeans. DD (4 at the time) said "well some girls do but you should know by now I do NOT, I ONLY wear dresses".

She has finally started buying her skirts! They are usually jeans or dark colors but atleast they are skirts.

If I didn't know my sister was in Virginia, I would swear you were her. Sis sonagram said def. girl, MIL buys all boy things for shower...:mad:

One Christmas my step siblings all got presents from stepmom from Rent-a-Center. TV, boombox, and VCR for HER kids. I got my usual , nothing, since I was at college (and no financial help at all from either parent) I did feel a bit better when the presents were repo'd shortly after Christmas. :santa:

I once got a CAN of black olives for Christmas.....nuff said.

My dh's grandma always gives my mil a cn. I'm still lost at the second hand toys for the kids and at mt dh's cousins baby shower!

I really don't "get" dh's family they all have a lot of $$ but are really cheap. They didn't even get my DD anything for christmas she was 2 but she was forgotten about the year before!! My bil's wife came over and was talking about how she needed to buy her nephews gifts but hasn't bought my kids anything. They showed up to a large 1 year bday party(dd was not doing too well health wise) w/o a card(dh's whole family did this!)..They didn't even think of praying for her! I was talking to my mil about how she tested positive for muscular dystrophy and how she is will be needing a wheelchair in the future she was " but DS didn't have problems until he was a teen"( he has md too and is pritty bad right now) but my DD could barely hold her head up at a year! I just give up on family. Haha I am giving gifts I got on sale really cheap this year though they were expensive to begin with:snooty:

My husband and I were reading this and he wanted me to add this one. When he was in the Gulf War, a friend of his got a care package from home. Inside it, among other things, were feminine products with a note saying he could use them to get in with the girls. Not sure how that would have worked anyway, but they were an all male unit.

Even if there were ladies, how many would fall for this pick-up line:

Hey, baby, next time it is your "time of the month" stop by my tent and check out my tampons.

:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter