Craziest present

Lets see I need to stop laughing or i will pee myself...Anyway, My mom got an ugly,dollar store Pickle dish(kid you not)from her boss for Xmas, and regifted it to me.My MIL usually gets me something I want so I can't complain there.The only bad gift from her that we still crack up about was the first year Dh and I were dating she bought me this hidieous xl elastic waist pants outfit( I wear a size 8 so these were HUGE) they were polyester 1970,s pants.I stopped participating in the annual family xmas grab bag.The item amt is supposed to be a $50 present.i always spend that amt, and have gotten.on 3 separate christmases...a talking bass plaque,a bunch of hand towels with dollar general tags, and a picture fram with a 4.99 price tag left on it..

My stepmother always buys my SIL and I the craziest polyester pant suits and dresses for Christmas. We have decided to make a game of it by giving each outfit a title. She has a hot pink mini-dress she calls "70's Stewardess" and I have a red blazer and black pleated mini skirt I call "Rent-a-Car Agent". I got a clingy animal print pant suit that I call "Jungle Love". We threaten our husbands by saying the next time we get together in Florida that we are going to wear all of the oufits we have collected over the years. So if you see two forty-something women in bright stretch polyester outfits followed by embarrassed looking husbands at Disney World, stop and say hello!:rotfl:

One Christmas my step siblings all got presents from stepmom from Rent-a-Center. TV, boombox, and VCR for HER kids. I got my usual , nothing, since I was at college (and no financial help at all from either parent) I did feel a bit better when the presents were repo'd shortly after Christmas. :santa:

:rotfl:

I'm afraid my story is going to sound selfish...It's not meant to be, but just showing the way my family thinks...

My mother and step father were dating (very seriously). for Christmas he bought his daughters each a brand new 4-wheeler (he's wealthy) - about $8000 each. I'm 1/2 way between their ages. My brother, who was 12, got a brand new go-cart ($2500), his grandchildren (3 of them) each got kiddie go-carts (about $500 each), and I got......a bread maker.

I have to admit, I'm still a bit hurt about it...

My stepmother always buys my SIL and I the craziest polyester pant suits and dresses for Christmas. We have decided to make a game of it by giving each outfit a title. She has a hot pink mini-dress she calls "70's Stewardess" and I have a red blazer and black pleated mini skirt I call "Rent-a-Car Agent". I got a clingy animal print pant suit that I call "Jungle Love". We threaten our husbands by saying the next time we get together in Florida that we are going to wear all of the oufits we have collected over the years. So if you see two forty-something women in bright stretch polyester outfits followed by embarrassed looking husbands at Disney World, stop and say hello!:rotfl:

OMG!!! These crack me up!!! They make me happy the my DBF's Mom isn't quite so clueless. :) I love this one though, yoursis, you guys both have Halloween costumes for the next how many years? LOL Too funny!!! I really don't have a story, I just crack up when I read these. :)

my DH step-mil always, always, always regifts. It's one constant in our crazy lives. She is a preschool teacher and I always get her lotions, bubble bath, note pads, note cards, etc that she gets as gifts. On more than one occassion DH & I have mentioned that I can't wear fragrances b/c they triger migranes... She still hasn't gotten the hint. One year, I mentioned how I LOVED her Brighton bracelet and that I've wanted one just the same style for awhile. Guess what I got for my birthday???? Yep, the one in the same bracelet wrapped up. I know it was hers b/c 1) she never wears it anymore 2) they don't make that style anymore. I was lmao :lmao: b/c it is so her, but I was very happy with this gift!!!! :banana: better than lotion I can't use any day!!!

Also, this past Christmas, DH gave me a block of cheese in my stocking. :scared1: I must say, he always gives me unusual things in my stocking, but when I put my hand down in there and felt something cold and clammy, I was a lot surprised. he knows how much I love this type of cheese and it's not readily available. He went to several stores to find it and I love him :lovestruc for thinking of me, it was just strange!

Hey wait one minute!!! That's my step-mother you're talking about and she always gets me GREAT gifts.;)

Sad story...My DM borders maliceousness and DDad is just clueless. There's just me and DB, we each have a spouse and at the time one child each. DD14 was 6 the christmas my DM lost her mind! First, she decided that we'd draw names to see who'd open gifts first. Not such a good idea with 2 young kids in the group. Despite trying to reason with her that most parents have no problem letting the children go first, she insisted and won the battle. So out of the 8 people there, 5 had already had their turn, my name comes out of the jar 6th. I offered to let DD have my turn. Up until this point the gifts had been great. DB and DSIL received a $200 gift card for Home Depot and some very nice and expensive decorative items for their house. DDad got a laptop. DM was given a very nice Diamond Ring by DDad and nice gifts from us as well. DN got a very expensive remote control plane and some cash. DD got a tiny 2-inch square porcelain box, which my DM has owned and used for as long as I can remember, with three of DM's used costume rings inside. And, that was it, that's all DD received from DM and DDad. DM's explination was that DD always likes to play with those rings when she comes over. DD didn't cry but it was obvious that she was very hurt by it.

My ex-husband got me a set of bathroom scales for Christmas when I was 6 months pregnant! :lmao:

My company participates in "Secret Santa" every year. I remember the first time I participated the first day of secret gift giving the receptionist called me and said I had a gift by the company Christmas tree. I go down to the reception area all excited and looked under the tree. No gift for me. What I did find was one of the company's #10 envelopes shoved IN the tree with my name on it. I opened it and it had a $1 scratch off lottery ticket. OK, not a great gift, but we were told not to spend alot of money on the gifts during the week and I could have won some money (I didn't). But the use of the company envelope was tacky.

So, the next day the receptionist calls me again to let me know there is a gift for me by the Christmas tree. I go down and ..... there is another company #10 envelope shoved in the tree with my name on it. And it has another scratch off lottery ticket. Same kind as the day before.

Guess what I got on Day #3 and Day #4? Yep, the same thing, presented in the same way.

My Secret Santa probably bought 4 lottery tickets on his way to work on Monday and was set for the week. Heck, he could have at least mixed it up and gotten me some beef jerky or a car air freshener! :rotfl:

On the last day we don't exchange secret gifts - we get a nicer gift and present it to the person we picked at the Christmas party. My Secret Santa didn't attend the party but got my gift to me - a snowglobe. Which would have been nice if it didn't leak. :rolleyes:

I'm afraid my story is going to sound selfish...It's not meant to be, but just showing the way my family thinks...

My mother and step father were dating (very seriously). for Christmas he bought his daughters each a brand new 4-wheeler (he's wealthy) - about $8000 each. I'm 1/2 way between their ages. My brother, who was 12, got a brand new go-cart ($2500), his grandchildren (3 of them) each got kiddie go-carts (about $500 each), and I got......a bread maker.I have to admit, I'm still a bit hurt about it...

Maybe he was trying to get a rise out of you?:confused3 :laughing: :cutie:

Sorry but I just couldn't help myself.:angel:

My MOTHER (who is not destitute) once wrapped up a library book and gave it to my adult sister for christmas. She said "It's the gift that keeps on giving- once you are done reading you can bring it back and get a new book!"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter