Craft overload???

DisneyMommyMichelle

A Maelstromer From Way Back...
:wave: HI ALL!!

I'm usually found over on the Arts & Crafts board, but decided to venture out and test the waters out here! :) :banana:

My name is Michelle (DUH! haah) and I am a SAHM to 2 wonderful kids! (wonderful because it's nap time! haha). I also have another boy on the way in October :)

MY problem is that I am a crafty person FULL of ideas :idea: but they come to me constantly! haha! :laughing: SOOO as soon as I get an idea, I have to start on it RIGHT AWAY! Meaning, i get supplies, get books & get started on the new idea EVEN if I am working on something else already. I have more than 3 projects going right now :faint: and was wondering if anyone else out there was the same way??

:hug: Hope you all have a fabulous monday!!

Hi Michelle I am Michelle too! I am also expecting (a girl) in October. Your due dateis my DD's birthday. I used to do way too much crafty stuff have slowed down since DD's birth in 2004. :)

Hi there :wave: I'm aiming for an earlier due date, but doc wants to wait and see :) I'm having a scheduled C-section, so i'm anxious to pick out a date! hahaha!!

I actually picked up the craftiness as soon as the kids were bored :) I think i needed something to do during nap times. Now it's taking over :laughing: I love working with my hands, so it really helps :)

Congrats on the pregnancy!! I'm super happy for an October baby, the weather is so nice then! There is hope for outdoor birthday parties!! Right now DD is in January and DS is December :)

Hi Michelle!! Mom of 4 here, 2 October babies too.

I do multiple crafts too. I cross stitch, scrapbook, and I'm in the middle of painting our house room by room.
I can only do one project for so long before I get burned out so I like to have several things going at one time. I have 3 x-stitch projects in various forms of completion and 4 or 5 scrapbooks going.

I also carry a notebook everywhere, so if I get inspiration I can jot it down before I forget. One of the downfalls of being a multitasker, what ever was at the bottom of the list in my head falls off. LOL

:wave: Michelle! Glad to see you come down and visit with us here! Great group of ladies here, you will fit right in!:goodvibes

HI Michelle!

I'm a mom to 5.. 3 of my own..and 2 stepsons that I claim as my own!!!
2 of my own are October babies!!! Buffy and I kind of each claimed a week and had a child born in October.. (ha ha)

I don't do a lot of crafty things except scrapbooking or altering things...with 5kids in school/ sports/ clubs/ school organizations and my volunteering I don't get much ME time! But I do find myself starting many projects at once and than kicking myself afterwards!!!

I've tried devising a schedule now.. goals to start and finish a project..but I usually always find myself doing a little something on the side, talking to DH about it..and having he laugh and say "didn't you just say you weren't going to do that anymore!"

Hey there....

I'm Susie

I have seen someof the jewlery you have made. Cute.

I am a single mom of a 5 yr DS. He was suppose to be an Ocotber baby but came early....'

I am an October Baby myself.

I love paper crafts, altering, I painted a lot of the roomsin my house also.

I love to plant flowers but am not a gardener.

I like to make custom jewelry and a little known fact around here is that I took a silversmith class a few months ago and actually made some cute pieces...an amber ring, cuff bracelet made my mom a pyrite ring and then had the teacher do a custom necklace tomatch with pyrite and amber.....anyway.

I love bead work but get burned out.

I love to cross stich and have 3 Disney ones I am dying to start.....

but I have a horrible addiction........SWAPPING......and my cricut runs a close second.

I like to sew a little.

I can crochet some.

I can knit and purl but not into anything but a scarf or somehting like that.

WELCOME>>>>>>>>>:hug:

Thanks so much for the welcomes! It looks like I am not alone in taknig on too many projects! That's good :)

It also looks like October is a fabulous month to have babies :laughing: :) :)

I think crafting is a disease with no cure in sight! I used to cross stich until I gave myself bursitis in both shoulders so I'm down to scrapbooking and papercrafting. I am one of the Cricutless on the boards but have asked for a Cuttlebug for Christmas....No kids but 4 dogs keep me busy. Glad to see you've popped down to join us!! :woohoo:

hahah yes, we do have a lot of snow over here in IL :) :)

DH wants a dog, but I just can't imagine having to take care of 3 kids, 1 husband and a dog too! :laughing:

Hope everyone has a good tuesday!! :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter