Covid, face maks, social distancing, and canceling question.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My question is about paying off the vacation within the 30 day stretch before you go. We are going after Labor Day (Sept. 7-13). I have no issue doing that, but I want to know what the rules are going to be. I am aware nobody really knows much of anything right now. What I want to know is that on August 7 when it comes time for me to pay the thing off do you think it will be one of those "We don't know what the rules are, but we will let you know in a couple of weeks.

My issue is this. I will not go along with any kind of face mask, social distancing, not getting into the parks because of limited capacity etc. Disney as a company can do whatever they want, but I want to know if they are going to be able to tell me a month in advance, because the answer "We don't know" won't cut it for me and I will just cancel. I'd be willing to wait until they could tell me, but I don't want to pay for a vacation I don't want if they are going to do this whole covid paranoid nonsense.
Then you are probably best to reschedule your vacation.

I am pleased to announce that leprosy is curable! Unfortunately SARS-2 is not, thus we do everything we can to protect vulnerable populations. At the very lowest level of humanity and exhibiting kindness, we agree to social distancing, wearing masks, and accepting fewer people in theme parks.

I live in South Louisiana. I don’t know where you live but it’s already been 90 degrees with 85% humidity. I wear a mask to the grocery, the plant nursery, and everywhere else. It isn’t a hardship at all; you get used to it and if you get hot you duck into someplace with aircon. Drink some water just as you would in the heat/humidity as usual in Sept.

Our reservations are for August; if there is no Social Distancing, no capacity limits, and no masks then we will cancel. :-) So we will tit your tat and counter your outrage with our compliance!

I live in south Louisiana and the mask is a horrible burden in this weather. To the tune of causing me to have to carry an inhaler and Xanax everywhere I go in case I have to put on the mask. Too bad we can’t all be as awesome as you. :-)

This isn’t the place to debate social distancing policy. If the sniping continues, I’m going to close the thread.

If you want to talk about what restrictions might be in place at the resorts when WDW reopens, go right ahead.

I live in south Louisiana and the mask is a horrible burden in this weather. To the tune of causing me to have to carry an inhaler and Xanax everywhere I go in case I have to put on the mask. Too bad we can’t all be as awesome as you. :-)
Masks are a burden, yes. In weather much less severe than Louisiana, I, too, frequently need to use one of two inhalers while wearing a mask. It is hard to breathe.

But if I choose to go anywhere that requires a mask, my realistic options are mask up, or don't go.

I am a registered nurse so I have worn masks a lot. I do it at work because I work with immune compromised patients who are vulnerable (or they have something like TB which makes me vulnerable). It does not bother me to do it because it is nec. 90% of what they are doing with these "precautions" will not have any significant impact. Being a nurse I know that and refuse to be part of the 'masses' that are being herded around right now. If they wanted to make an impact they would health screen people before they went in (I do not endorse that, but that would be effective). So you would end up with old people, fat people (diabetes), make a wish kids, and many others who could not go. Disney won't do that because it would be unpopular (although effective). So instead they are making feel good gestures that are not only ineffective but more dangerous because of the heat. They are doing it to give the illusion of safety, while what they are really doing is putting people at higher risk for heat related injuries.

I won't get into a big medical thing about it, but suffice to say if I ever walked into a room with a patient who had airborne precautions (like Covid) with the type of mask they are telling the population to wear I would probably get written up. The 6 foot distancing thing, is a thing, but if you enforce that in July when Disney hits some of the highest volume you will be lucky to hit 1/2 capacity.

I simply will not comply with 'feel good' measures.

I am a registered nurse so I have worn masks a lot. I do it at work because I work with immune compromised patients who are vulnerable (or they have something like TB which makes me vulnerable). It does not bother me to do it because it is nec. 90% of what they are doing with these "precautions" will not have any significant impact. Being a nurse I know that and refuse to be part of the 'masses' that are being herded around right now. If they wanted to make an impact they would health screen people before they went in (I do not endorse that, but that would be effective). So you would end up with old people, fat people (diabetes), make a wish kids, and many others who could not go. Disney won't do that because it would be unpopular (although effective). So instead they are making feel good gestures that are not only ineffective but more dangerous because of the heat. They are doing it to give the illusion of safety, while what they are really doing is putting people at higher risk for heat related injuries.

I won't get into a big medical thing about it, but suffice to say if I ever walked into a room with a patient who had airborne precautions (like Covid) with the type of mask they are telling the population to wear I would probably get written up. The 6 foot distancing thing, is a thing, but if you enforce that in July when Disney hits some of the highest volume you will be lucky to hit 1/2 capacity.

I don’t think Disney intends to open at full capacity. Or even 50% capacity. It will likely be closer to 30% capacity and step up from there.

I won’t enter into a discussion about the efficacy of masks. It’s the rule. You either follow it or don’t go. There’s nothing wrong in choosing the latter.

I am a registered nurse so I have worn masks a lot.

I am an RN too, for 42 years. I understand the point of masks in public right now is to limit the virus spewed out, not taken in. The same exact policy used in hospitals when an infectious person, say with TB, must leave their room. They wear a mask to prevent them from spreading the infection when they exhale or talk. As a nurse, I’m ok doing whatever is needed to keep others safer.

yes i a

Yes i am also a nurse and hence totally agree with you....I will go back to Disney but not until this "illusion of safety" has been lifted...

I am an RN too, for 42 years. I understand the point of masks in public right now is to limit the virus spewed out, not taken in. The same exact policy used in hospitals when an infectious person, say with TB, must leave their room. They wear a mask to prevent them from spreading the infection when they exhale or talk. As a nurse, I’m ok doing whatever is needed to keep others safer.
But when a person with TB leaves their room (with a mask) for the toilet we are talking of only minutes,and hopefully good hand hygeine! Do you not think as a nurse that walking for hours around a theme park in 90 degrees heat is a little different?......when someone coughs or sneezes on you (which is the way coronavirus spreads) instead of those particles hitting you,they hit your mask!....you are then walking around wearing a contaminated mask which should be disposed of ,as we do in hospitals and certainly not continuing to wear it so that every time you adjust or remove that mask, or the child you may be carrying reaches up and touches that infected mask will then be infected!.

Thank you! I remember at the start of this they were saying not to bother wearing masks because the N95 would be the only effective one. Now suddenly they have changed the PPE protocol for airborne precautions (and have turned anyone with a sewing machine into a PPE provider). As far as spreading the disease to others being helped by these homemade masks - It can't hurt, but how much it helps (if at all) I am not aware (nor has any new evidence been presented) since the protocol for airborne precautions is not wrapping a piece of cloth over your face. What we do know for sure is up to this point it has been proven ineffective.

Also, last time I went to Disney I stopped at the nurses station/first aid at Magic Kingdom just to see what the job was like. First of all, Disney nursing became more magical to me because they told me that they don't have to chart! Second I asked them what issue they saw the most, and heat related injuries was the highest. I couldn't believe that they do not have the authority (or a way to get an OK) to start an IV with NS. They just keep them hydrated (which is all I was told they are allowed to do) and wait for someone to come get them if they need to go to the hospital. Point being they seem very unprepared for a hot July with a bunch of people passing out from wearing those masks.

Ultimately Disney is a private company that can do what they want. I am also a private citizen and I can do what I want. So if they enforce any of this kind of thing I just won't go. My reason for the thread was to find out if they changed the 30 day policy. I would like to go, but I don't want to pay 30 days in advance and find out a week before I go that they still are doing this kind of thing. Thanks to the poster who said they have shortened it to a week! Much appreciated!

OK, then. This thread is closed.

For future reference: this board is for the discussion of Disney resorts, their policies and procedures, etc.

if you wish to discuss the coronavirus in general, government responses to the virus, Disney’s responses to the virus, the effectiveness/wisdom/morality of those responses, the science behind the responses, etc - that belongs on the Community Board. Not here.

People come to this board for information and assistance that will help them plan their trips or because they enjoy discussing their favorite resorts. Threads that have been hijacked by the umpteenth mask debate aren’t of interest to anyone except those doing the debating.

So living here in Florida, out the back gate of Disney... and its starting to get hot and humid...

I was in the store last week at Publix, and was using the self check out... I happen to look up and the cashier standing, 2 cashier stands away from me, was standing there glassy eyes, with a blank stare, weaving back and forth... I loudly said are you okay, pull your mask down and get some air, and she just sorta shook her head... the front in manager came walking up, I looked at him and told him she is going to pass out and pointed... he started telling her to pull her mask down, thankfully the front desk cashier came from behind the office, and grabbed her and pulled her mask down, just as her knee's started to buckle... and the manager made it around there, and someone came up with a chair... Thankfully once the mask was down you could hear her gasp for air, the 2 cashier took her over to the break-room... then the manager took my cart and started out the door, he asked me how did I know she was going to faint, I told him what I saw, he said this there are having more issue with it, last week we had a customer pass out in the produce department... and in other stores, the same thing is happening... now this is in a grocery store with air-conditioning, how is this going to play out in the theme park or really anywhere here when it gets hotter and more humid...

So wearing a mask in the Florida heat for long periods of time is not going to be something that is going to be easy to do... and ducking into a building with aircon, is going to be just as crowded with everyone doing the same thing...

Plus long term wearing of mask is not good for you... (not going to get into a debate about it)... Just how I feel, and was trained in health care, and they basically beat us in the head with it...

At some point you just have to move forward... wash your hands, getting people washing their hands is the thing that I really gets me all this is going on and people come out of the restroom stall and don't stop and wash their hands, maybe bathroom monitors would be helpful, don't touch your face, lots and lots on hand sanitizer, and some social distancing... wash your hands.... If you are compromised then you should stay home, as well if you are sick stay home... its about personal responsibility... and it's really up to you to take care of you and yours... right?....

If your not comfortable with going with whatever the rules are then stay home till you are comfortable with visiting... again this is your decision...

If the vaccine gets here like they are predicting... by the end of the year, then once you get it, you should be good to go...
and yet I know people that are ranting and raving, about all this saying that we should keep everything closed, are not getting the vaccine, and saying they can't make me get one... so why is it okay for you to think that we can keep everything shut down... well their getting 600.00 extra dollars a week that's why... shut that off and everyone will be ready to open up...

Open up, let everyone get back to work.... and let everyone decide for themselves...

So to answer your question.....

My friends called and talked to a real live CM.... about her trip during the holidays ( December) of this year and was told the 30 day mark it must be paid in full... not sure if it's because it at the end of the year or policy or just this CM....you have to remember that nothing is written in stone at Disney....

It's just the waiting game..... I would think it will be June or July before anyone can get a real read on how things are going and including once they open the state 100%... so far it seem that every other Friday that the governor makes a statement on what can open back up again... this Friday should be the next time he make a decision on what is going to happen... so will just have to see...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter