Couple of ?'s re: scrapbooking supplies inside WDW

WDW4us2006

DIS Veteran
When I was there in 2003, I remember there being a moderate supply of albums, stickers, pages, etc., and I loved the new World of Memories DD store. For those of you have been very recently (I am going in September):

Do they have pretty much everything at the one store that they have all over the other parks and resorts? (For example, can I only buy Epcot stuff in Epcot, etc.)

Are the albums good quality (like CM)?

Is the stuff thats available in WDW similar to what's at Joanne's and the other craft stores? Or is it a completely different line/theme? Does that even make sense? I realize the selection will be much better at WDW.

Should I start buying Disney stickers, etc. that are on sale now, or just wait until I go and see what they have? Is it really good??????!!!

Thanks so much for all of your help, I just love this site! I am sure I'll have lots more questions! :)

There is a scrapbook store in Downtown Disney. You can also get supplies at the Emporium in the MK. They are pretty good. I have never really looked for stuff in any other park. I know I've also seen supplies in the resports.

Disney has their own line of stickers and embellishments that you can't get anywhere else. Park specific stuff. You can look at some of the stuff ahead of time at thelaughingplace.com. They have pictures of most of the stuff they sell.

I have never looked at the albums so I can't talk about them. I use a mix of stickers from WDW and from LSS. I hope this helps you a little. :)

Pop Centrury had a few nice supplies as well... :goodvibes
All the stores in all the parks seem to carry the same things basicly.. stickers, stationery, some page layout kits, etc..

I'd watch the page kits. I bought about 6 last year and have really struggled to use anything out of them :(

I picked up a few things in each park just in case they didnt have it at DTD (which we went to on the last day) I did buy a few of those package kits but had a really hard time using them for some reason. I used mostly the stickers but not the pages at all.

I got the 2005 dated book and like it alot.

now im the opposite i wish i would of bought more page kits.....i love the paper of the 4 parks ....... i cant find them anywhere ........ here is what i am talking about.....
birthday2005103.jpg
[/IMG]
scrapin014.jpg
[/IMG] i must not of taken the pic of animal kingdom or epcot page...... vicki

I actually bought a few of the packs when I was there in 2003, and surprisingly it looks like they are about the same type of designs. I didn't really use the pages either! :rolleyes: I guess I didn't like the color combinations or something. I did use a fair amount of the stickers. However, I DO LOVE all of the new stuff I am seeing in the supply stores, like the EK(?) and sandylion designs, etc. I was hoping there would be alot of those same things in the parks but with the theme park motifs but I guess not.

Any advice on where to find the BEST Disney stuff? And, is there a website other than laughingplace that will show me what's available to purchase exclusively at WDW?

Sorry so many questions!!

Check out ebay! select scrapbooking and type in Magic Kingdom in the search bar and then scroll all the way down until you find the ebay stores. There are a few stores that sell stuff from the parks.

I have an album that I bought at All Star Sports last May. No it is not at all the same quality as CM. It is a typical post bound album -- but it was really hard to find extra page covers. The album has no manufacturer listed and customer service couldn't help me either.

I didn't think the selection at either the resorts or Downtown Disney (June 04) trip was impressive. I think that the stuff I find at local craft stores --the EK success, Jolee, SanyLion etc is better.

If you are looking to shop on line mousememories.com has a great selection (but not the stuff that is exclusive to the parks), pretty good prices, and their customer service is great. I got most of my paper from their site for my last two Disney albums.

I'm a HUGE fan of a website and use them ALL THE TIME but can't post the site directly here (email me if you want more?). I also am lucky to have a local store that orders tons of stuff for Disney. But, I recommend checking out mousememories for lots of stuff.

Thanks for your replies. I have checked out all of the websites mentioned, and they are all great. I am anxious to see what is available in the parks for 2006, (saw some on ebay) but I do believe I like the stuff in craft stores better!

Honestly, I was not impressed with the scrapbooking supplies at WDW. Other than the albums, there really isn't much to choose from. I really wanted to get some nice papers as there isn't a whole lot locally, but I didn't get any kits. I found that there were just too many pages that I wouldn't use (given my style). I did pick up some nice ears eyelets and a mini punch, however I have found much better sources for Disney stuff. The parks carry the same stuff that Downtown Disney had, but DD has everything all together. It really depends on your scrapping style, but don't count on getting all your supplies there.

I just received a catalogue for Paper Wishes and they just happened to open a store locally (hershnerrs) with a phenomenal selection of WDW embellies, including all the villians and less popular characters. So, scout around and look online before you go, so you have an idea of what is available at home. For Canadians, shipping and customs charges are the big killer for online shopping from the States, ok if your heart is set on something really unqiue, but a bit pricey for a few packs of stickers!

WDW4us2006 said:
Do they have pretty much everything at the one store that they have all over the other parks and resorts? (For example, can I only buy Epcot stuff in Epcot, etc.)

Yes. Scrapbooking supplies are everywhere, but if you're a die hard scrapper, check each selection you see...you never know what you'll find!

Are the albums good quality (like CM)?
My friend got a really beautiful leather binder style album. I think it was $40-50 but it's goregous!

Is the stuff thats available in WDW similar to what's at Joanne's and the other craft stores? Or is it a completely different line/theme? Does that even make sense? I realize the selection will be much better at WDW.
It's their own line. I personally like the EK Success line you find at Joann ETC and A C Moore better, but it's always worth a look to get the WDW specific items!

Should I start buying Disney stickers, etc. that are on sale now, or just wait until I go and see what they have? Is it really good??????!!!
What's wrong with doing both? ;) If you like it, you have the money for it, buy it wherever you see it, home or there! The EK Success stuff and the WDW stuff work very nice together.

Good luck!

:cool1: I have been hitting the sales at Hobby Lobby for the EK disney stickers, I have a list of what I've gotten so far, they have had alot of new things in the past month or so. also our Super Wal-mart has a new section for scrapbooking with some nice disney stuff at a great price! I also have collected stickers and title's for the country's in Epcot! all except Norway and Morocco.I am planning on buying an album while there. we are also going in Sept. can't wait! :banana: :moped: :woohoo: :hippie:

I saw scrapping items in the parks, resort shops and at DTD. The parks & resort shops are very limited (ie, AK may only have the kit for AK).

I got a beautiful leather album on our trip in 2004 at the shop in AKL that was marked down to 1/2 price, but that was pure luck. And no, it was not available anywhere but in that store. So if you see something you really would like, buy it when you see it.

But as others have said, I think the selection is very limited. You will probably find more items at your LSS, Michaels, AC Moore or online and at better prices. I thought the kits at WDW were overpriced for what was included in each. And I could see that I would not use all the items in each. I only bought a couple of small items. I also keep my eyes open for other items, like postcards, that I might want to use on a page. Since they are not acide free, I just keep them separate from my photos.

I found the kts didn't seem like a good price for what you got and what I would use but when I went this weekend I found a $15.00 package of 40 sheet of papers including a 12x12 map of each park. I had looked but hadn't seen this item before. It also included a number of pages for each park.

I think the kits available at WDW are hit or miss depending on your style. I got a pack at the AKL that was exclusively Kilamanjaro Safaris, and I really like it! I've used up most of the stuff, and all I had to add was some khaki colored cardstock. I also have the 40 page paper pack, and although I don't see needing four different small world or pecos bill papers, for $15 I have found it to be a good deal. For stickers and such, I rotate myself around Michael's, AC Moore, and Target for Disney stickers.

Most of what you find at the Scrapbooking store can be found in the middle of World of Disney - which is where you get an Annual Passholder's discount. So I always shop World of Disney first, then head over to the scrapbook store for extra stuff they might have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter