Counting Our Nuts Like Chip & Dale, a Financially Aware PTR *Update 4/17 Pg 62 *

I guess "B" really wasn't a lucky letter after all....hmmmm....I'll comment as I think!

That is so exciting that you guys might make the big DVC purchase! If I could afford to, I would do it in a heartbeat! And even if you decide that now isn't the time, at least you'll be well-informed if the idea comes up again! I think you should definitely use it to your advantage though!:thumbsup2 Oh I am sitting here turning green with envy! If you did win the lottery you'd better share! ;)

Okay! My new guesses are....still Boma, and The Wave..and......Boatwrights maybe?:confused3 Tricky tricky....can't believe you're giving up Brown Derby! I have to say though that I am a big believer in the dining plan! It may not work for everyone, but it works for me and definitely would have saved me money last year!

Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but I am glad to hear there is another LL trip in the works. Congrats on the anniversary, the weight loss, and another Disney trip. We have never stayed at AK DVC so I will be interested in hearing what you think.

My three restaurants: Jiko, Brown Derby, and Les Chefs de France

I"m going to have to re-do my guesses too.

Now I just have to try to remember where you've stayed before...

I'm going with Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and Boatwrights.

DVC - oh, I hope it works out for you!! We wish we'd have done it sooner even though it wouldn't have been the wisest financial move back then. We just love it and love the way it works and that you can add points in smaller amounts, resale... the list goes on.
If Marc wants it, I don't think you should deny him that little tiny thing. That would just be mean...;)

I can't remember if I wrote this already, but I'm going to write it again anyways...

I hope the DVC purchase works out for you and Marc. You go to Disney often enough that it seems like a wise purchase. I am very envious! I hope to one day be a DVC member myself!

Hello from NH Leslie!! I'm so glad to see you back on the DIS & back in Disney planning mode!! First of all - you guys look FANTASTIC!! 250 pounds is amazing!! :banana: And I think it's great that you are working hard to make this a financially responsible trip. It's so easy to get carried away and blow the budget when it comes to Disney.

We are renting points for the first time for our November anniversary trip to BWV (or BCV if our waitlist comes through). I'm sooo excited to stay near Epcot & renting points was the only way it was going to happen. My DH brings up buying DVC every once in a while but he always changes his mind after we really crunch the numbers. :sad2:

Good luck with the airfare search. The prices were crazy high when they came out for our November trip. I'm hoping things settle down before I have to buy for our April trip.

I'm excited to follow along!!

Welcome Back LL. I obviously missed the bat sign (whatever that is) and about 9 pages of your PTR. But I knew when you started sending the messages out to rent DVC points that something was up.

I think you will love AKL. It is really one of my favorites and the value studios really are quite a "value". I love the surroundings, I love the general viewing areas with their wonderful rocking chairs and helpful cast members, but most of all I love the music. The soothing sounds of the African savannah. So relaxing.

Well - I am going to guess the Wave, Boma, and Kouzzina. I know its the Wave.

Anyway - happy planning. BTW - I love your TR title. It's great!

Hint #1: All of the ADRs are at Resorts.
Hint #2: All of the ADRs are 1 table service credit on the dining plan.
Hint #3: There are no plans for an ADR at Hollywood Brown Derby.
Hint #4: One of the ADRs can be reached by Monorail.
Hint# 5: One of the ADRs is at a Resort the we have stayed at before

Here are a couple guesses:

The Wave, WCC, and...... Kona Cafe :confused3

wow, everyone is going for Boma. I must have missed a clue there :lmao:

ok...revised guess...

Turf Club, Wave, Kouzzina

:thumbsup2 on DVC, keep us posted! I was just doing the math and timing (yet again) yesterday!

Ooh, possibly buying DVC sounds amazing!!! I would love to do that someday, I just don't see how it's ever going to be possible unless, like you said, we hit the lottery or something! :laughing:

Ok, I'm going to revise my guesses for your ADR's...Boma, WCC, and the Wave. :confused3 :laughing: Can't wait to see where you are actually eating!

Alright, I need to do some research for my guesses, so... I'm sticking with Boma then Kouzzina and Kona Cafe.

And that's awesome to hear you may join the DVC :thumbsup2

Congrats on the extra day! We hope to buy DVC in the next year or two if finances allow! My guesses are: Kona, Boma and Wave.

Sneaky Sneaky LL!!!

And NO Brown Derby?!?! AHHH!

Ok..I have tried to map it out as quickly as I could during my lunch time. I probably need time to think more and do some statistics in a word document, but I am too anxious and want to get my guesses in beforehand:rotfl2:

I am going with...Boma, Kona Cafe and Whispering Canyon Cafe?
I know, no Brown Derby but like I told Marc I reserve the right to add a last minute ADR if I can't function without my brown derby polenta. :rotfl2:

Hello fellow Bay-stater! :flower3:

I just have to say that I read your first post and planned to continue reading your report... but then it happened...

I read your second post - the one about switching from POP to DVC and SAVING money?! :scared1:

I have spent the last hour browsing the boards, computing points calculators, and PM'ing rentees!

Cross your fingers for me - I am hoping for a Studio at OKW for 10/22-29.

Now I can calm down a bit and go back to read the rest of your report... my guess for ADRs are: Chef Mickey or Whispering Canyon?
I wish you luck with renting points, I hope it works out for you, let me know!

Hmmmm...Let's see I'm going to have to change a few of my choices I think....I know that Blue Zoo isn't on the dining plan so I'm going to have to change that one....and my other two were 2 credits...LOL guess I have to change them all.

Let's see....Kona, Boma, and Whispering Canyon Cafe (I edited my choice, I know bad me)

I'm in the same boat with you I let Phillip make the big financial decisions. If he had his way we would already be DVC owners I just end up talking him out of it because I'm a big wuss. However now that he has an even better paying job, he says he's buying the first resale contract that fits our needs....and when we say "ours" we mean "mine" LOL!!!
That's awesome that you be buying DVC sooner rather than later. :goodvibes

Oh and I don't know if I should let you change your guesses! :rotfl:

I pick the same three meals as Jen!

Good luck on the DVC. We have loved our trips and want more points, perhaps soon!
I really want DVC but I don't know if it will work out. I know it's in the plans from someday and I'm happy about that.

:confused3 ok Boma, Wave (hello) and WCC you seem like a ketchup yellin kinda of gal...
:lmao: What exactly about me makes me a ketchup yelling kinda gal? :rotfl2:

I think my mom was hoping for less, but then she got really concerned that she wouldn't and just went with them. :rotfl: I really hope you can find a deal!

Hmmm the dining...I don't know anything about dining credits so I'm just gonna guess and hope these are only one each. :laughing: Boatwrights, Kona Cafe, and WCC.
I am crossing my fingers for a deal...my toes too. :rotfl2:

I have to get in on the guessing.

Boma, Wave and Boatwrights.
A lot of people are guessing the Wave, very interesting.

Oh, I like that you are just letting Marc do this whole DVC plotting thing. :lmao:

Hmmm, you are being difficult with your ADRs. :goodvibes

Okay, next round of guesses...

Kouzzina, the Wave, and Boma
Oh I am for sure letting Marc do all the deciding, there will be no finger pointing in my direction if he regrets it. ;)

DVC, now that's exciting!:cloud9: Best thing we ever did!:goodvibes
I really want to buy soon but I also know it's probably smarter if we wait a bit, as long as it happen someday I will be super happy.

I guess "B" really wasn't a lucky letter after all....hmmmm....I'll comment as I think!

That is so exciting that you guys might make the big DVC purchase! If I could afford to, I would do it in a heartbeat! And even if you decide that now isn't the time, at least you'll be well-informed if the idea comes up again! I think you should definitely use it to your advantage though!:thumbsup2 Oh I am sitting here turning green with envy! If you did win the lottery you'd better share! ;)

Okay! My new guesses are....still Boma, and The Wave..and......Boatwrights maybe?:confused3 Tricky tricky....can't believe you're giving up Brown Derby! I have to say though that I am a big believer in the dining plan! It may not work for everyone, but it works for me and definitely would have saved me money last year!
Exactly, I like knowing what our options are we do decide to buy for sure.

I can't quite believe I agreed to give up Brown Derby either but I guess we wanted to try a few new places.

Hi! I'm a little late to the party, but I am glad to hear there is another LL trip in the works. Congrats on the anniversary, the weight loss, and another Disney trip. We have never stayed at AK DVC so I will be interested in hearing what you think.

My three restaurants: Jiko, Brown Derby, and Les Chefs de France
You are never too late to join a PTR! I can't wait to stay at AKV, I'm really excited about it.

I"m going to have to re-do my guesses too.

Now I just have to try to remember where you've stayed before...

I'm going with Boma, Grand Floridian Cafe and Boatwrights.

DVC - oh, I hope it works out for you!! We wish we'd have done it sooner even though it wouldn't have been the wisest financial move back then. We just love it and love the way it works and that you can add points in smaller amounts, resale... the list goes on.
If Marc wants it, I don't think you should deny him that little tiny thing. That would just be mean...;)
I feel as though waiting another year or so would be wise but again, like you said I'm not going to deny Marc what he wants to do. :rotfl2:

I can't remember if I wrote this already, but I'm going to write it again anyways...

I hope the DVC purchase works out for you and Marc. You go to Disney often enough that it seems like a wise purchase. I am very envious! I hope to one day be a DVC member myself!
I think it would be wise for us and if there is a time we can't go to Disney(the horror!) we could rent out points and I'd be okay with that.

Hello from NH Leslie!! I'm so glad to see you back on the DIS & back in Disney planning mode!! First of all - you guys look FANTASTIC!! 250 pounds is amazing!! :banana: And I think it's great that you are working hard to make this a financially responsible trip. It's so easy to get carried away and blow the budget when it comes to Disney.

We are renting points for the first time for our November anniversary trip to BWV (or BCV if our waitlist comes through). I'm sooo excited to stay near Epcot & renting points was the only way it was going to happen. My DH brings up buying DVC every once in a while but he always changes his mind after we really crunch the numbers. :sad2:

Good luck with the airfare search. The prices were crazy high when they came out for our November trip. I'm hoping things settle down before I have to buy for our April trip.

I'm excited to follow along!!
It is so easy to get carried away with spending too much money at Disney, so I'm trying really hard not to go overboard this trip.

Our first choice was Boardwalk but there was no standard studio availability and we didn't really wan to pay for a nicer view. I think we will enjoy AKV though and we are both really excited since it is somewhere new for both of us.

Welcome Back LL. I obviously missed the bat sign (whatever that is) and about 9 pages of your PTR. But I knew when you started sending the messages out to rent DVC points that something was up.

I think you will love AKL. It is really one of my favorites and the value studios really are quite a "value". I love the surroundings, I love the general viewing areas with their wonderful rocking chairs and helpful cast members, but most of all I love the music. The soothing sounds of the African savannah. So relaxing.

Well - I am going to guess the Wave, Boma, and Kouzzina. I know its the Wave.

Anyway - happy planning. BTW - I love your TR title. It's great!
I put out the bat signal on Facebook saying I started a PTR. :goodvibes

I can not wait to explore AKV, it will be so nice and enjoyable. We liked the feel of the what we did explore when we ate at Jiko last year.

Here are a couple guesses:

The Wave, WCC, and...... Kona Cafe :confused3
Again, lots of guesses for the Wave.

Revised guesses - Boma, Artist Point, GF Cafe. :). So much fun to think about Disney dining! :thumbsup2
I know right? We are still iffy about our last two credits though, at least I am. Marc has given his input but I haven't agreed yet. :rotfl2:

wow, everyone is going for Boma. I must have missed a clue there :lmao:

ok...revised guess...

Turf Club, Wave, Kouzzina

:thumbsup2 on DVC, keep us posted! I was just doing the math and timing (yet again) yesterday!
:lmao: I find the trends in the guessing very interesting.

Ooh, possibly buying DVC sounds amazing!!! I would love to do that someday, I just don't see how it's ever going to be possible unless, like you said, we hit the lottery or something! :laughing:

Ok, I'm going to revise my guesses for your ADR's...Boma, WCC, and the Wave. :confused3 :laughing: Can't wait to see where you are actually eating!
I hope we can make it work if not now then in the very nearby future. :thumbsup2

Alright, I need to do some research for my guesses, so... I'm sticking with Boma then Kouzzina and Kona Cafe.

And that's awesome to hear you may join the DVC :thumbsup2
I really hope to be DVC members at some point.

Congrats on the extra day! We hope to buy DVC in the next year or two if finances allow! My guesses are: Kona, Boma and Wave.
Another guess for the Wave, I didn't think it was that popular!

My husband and I rented points at AKV Jambo House in 2009 and LOVED IT! We saved money by renting instead of staying at POP also. I can't say enough good about renting points or AKV. We loved them both! I'm also excited to hear all about your financial planning. I've been away from the DIS for a while, but I'm excited about following your trip!

My husband and I rented points at AKV Jambo House in 2009 and LOVED IT! We saved money by renting instead of staying at POP also. I can't say enough good about renting points or AKV. We loved them both! I'm also excited to hear all about your financial planning. I've been away from the DIS for a while, but I'm excited about following your trip!

Oh that is so nice to hear that you and your husband loved AKV. Nice to see you back from the DIS, sometimes you just have to take a little Disney break. :thumbsup2

Joining in a bit late, but I'm here! We're hoping to plan a financially responsible trip next spring/summer, so I might be copying some of your good moves!

No such luck for me for renting points for my trip in October. Food & Wine and attempting WAY last minute did not work out in my favor. But now that I know what I can save - I will def be looking into it for next December!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter