Counting Our Nuts Like Chip & Dale, a Financially Aware PTR *Update 4/17 Pg 62 *

That's great that the downstairs will work out so much better for you guys!! (And hideous wallpaper is definitely one of the more replaceable aspects of a place!)

I think WL will be a great choice for you guys!

Hurray for moving to a better apartment -- it sounds lovely except for the wallpaper! I also like that you will be staying in your historical home -- I would love to live someplace that was built long ago. :goodvibes

The flip camcorder is sure to come in handy!!! :thumbsup2

Yay for moving!!! I'm sure you'll be so busy with baby stuff you won't even notice the wallpaper.

One thing to think about with Wilderness Lodge... One of my DIS-friends, who is in the process of planning a January trip, ruled out Wilderness Lodge because they stayed there once in January & found that the boat rides were freezing cold. I know it was very cold when I was there last January with the Spectrum Moms... not sure I would have been too excited to ride a boat during that weekend. Do they also offer bus service in case you end up running into cold weather? :confused3

I am VERY frustrated with my computer, just had a whole update typed up and I go to get a picture from photobucket and my internet decides to freeze up and I lose my update. :headache:

Let's see if I can remember everything...

So to add to the chaos that is my life (pregnancy, fractured foot, physical therapy starting on Monday...), Marc & I have decided to move. We live in a house that was built in the 1880's and the upstairs really hasn't been remodeled at all so we have wide wood floors with huge gigantic cracks, it will be bad for little baby's fingers, not to mention the old nails sticking up. Plus the heating situation is less than ideal upstairs. Turns out our downstairs neighbor is leaving in October and that means the downstairs is going to be ours. It is a much better set up for baby, nice new floors, heat in every room and the thing I like the best is the nursery connects to the master bedroom which I think is a neat little feature. There is also a lovely screened in porch and way more room. The only downside is the hideous wallpaper but I figure this Mama has to do what is best for the little one and pretend the hideous wallpaper doesn't exist. :laughing:

In trip news, I have made two decisions.

#1. Wilderness Lodge is now my #1 resort choice. I find WL just so relaxing and I think that will be a good thing for this trip. I also have lovely visions of taking the boat to and from Magic Kingdom. I love that boat. So I will hope for a good deal on Villa DVC points or hope for a really great discount code on a regular room. The other factor is that I like that Marc & I have both stayed there together compared to Boardwalk where I have stayed or BLT where neither of us have stayed.

#2. We are going to skip park hoppers. I think traveling with a baby will be overwhelming enough, I don't think we need to add park hoppers to the mix and like always if we decide they are worth it when we get down there we can add them on.

We also have decided to make a purchase this weekend. It's related to the trip because I am sure it will come with us. I have visions of capturing baby's reaction to rides....

A Flip Camcorder!

1159339_rb.jpg

This is the stupid picture that crashed my last post. It's on sale at Best Buy for $57.99 right now. It holds one hour of video, which I think is plenty and most importantly I will be able to capture the gender reveal to share with all of you. I'm quite excited about that. :goodvibes

Whatta great snag on the camera! You will be getting alot of use out of it for sure :goodvibes

you look awesome!!!!
Thank you! It's nice to "see" you posting again!

That's great that the downstairs will work out so much better for you guys!! (And hideous wallpaper is definitely one of the more replaceable aspects of a place!)

I think WL will be a great choice for you guys!
The hideous wallpaper is workable but I have a feeling my landlord is attached to it. Sigh. At least we can paint the baby's room so that makes me really happy.

Hurray for moving to a better apartment -- it sounds lovely except for the wallpaper! I also like that you will be staying in your historical home -- I would love to live someplace that was built long ago. :goodvibes

The flip camcorder is sure to come in handy!!! :thumbsup2
I love my historical home, I don't love the nails that stick out of the floors upstairs. I will NOT miss them. Downstairs has a more modern floor.

I'm not happy with the flip camcorder...it didn't work! I think we got a faulty one, it won't even turn on. Marc is going to return it tonight.
Yay for moving!!! I'm sure you'll be so busy with baby stuff you won't even notice the wallpaper.

One thing to think about with Wilderness Lodge... One of my DIS-friends, who is in the process of planning a January trip, ruled out Wilderness Lodge because they stayed there once in January & found that the boat rides were freezing cold. I know it was very cold when I was there last January with the Spectrum Moms... not sure I would have been too excited to ride a boat during that weekend. Do they also offer bus service in case you end up running into cold weather? :confused3
You know...I didn't even think of that being a factor, it is a bit chilly in January. I will just have to remember to bundle up for the boat rides. The boats last January weren't too bad for me but they were more of the covered boats in the Boardwalk area.

Whatta great snag on the camera! You will be getting alot of use out of it for sure :goodvibes
I sure hope that it's just a fluke and that when we return it the next one will work. We couldn't get it to turn on or charge or anything. :headache:

So happy for you with the move - just downstairs is nice and easy too! Plus you won't have to do any heavy lifting!

I totally understand the pregnancy brain! Some of my most organized friends (myself included), completely lost it! So forgetful. I hope yours doesn't last long!

Too bad the camera didn't work - I hope the next one is better.

Hey, I think this is the PERFECT time for you to move. Why? Because you have one awesome excuse to not have to lift any boxes! :rotfl:

You'll have to share some pics when you get settled in. I know I want to see this wallpaper! :laughing: I totally feel your pain on that one. Our last house had some pretty bad wallpaper too and it was torturous getting it off the walls. I swore right then that I would NEVER have wallpaper in any other house I lived in! :headache:

Yay for the camera!!! I'm all about a new photo gadget! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see the reveal on it!

So happy for you with the move - just downstairs is nice and easy too! Plus you won't have to do any heavy lifting!

I totally understand the pregnancy brain! Some of my most organized friends (myself included), completely lost it! So forgetful. I hope yours doesn't last long!

Too bad the camera didn't work - I hope the next one is better.
My pregnancy brain is ridiculous. I pride myself in having my stuff together and being really organized and now I'm lost. Completely lost. Yesterday I lost my train of thought in the MIDDLE OF A SENTENCE. I had no idea what I had been saying or what I was about to stay. It is very challenging because I don't like feeling this way. :laughing:

Hey, I think this is the PERFECT time for you to move. Why? Because you have one awesome excuse to not have to lift any boxes! :rotfl:

You'll have to share some pics when you get settled in. I know I want to see this wallpaper! :laughing: I totally feel your pain on that one. Our last house had some pretty bad wallpaper too and it was torturous getting it off the walls. I swore right then that I would NEVER have wallpaper in any other house I lived in! :headache:

Yay for the camera!!! I'm all about a new photo gadget! :thumbsup2 Can't wait to see the reveal on it!
I have to admit that Marc has been very good to me in the times that we have moved. He really takes care of lifting everything and I am more of the cat wrangler/organizer/food getter. :rotfl2:

I have a feeling that I'm not going to be able to do anything to the wallpaper. My landlord really loves it. Sigh. We were able to paint upstairs and that was all paneling, I wish downstairs was paneling too because than she would let me paint it. I think I am stuck with the old lady wallpaper. :rotfl2:

We are actually throwing a little gender reveal party for our parents, siblings and an aunt on each side on October 29th. That way everyone can find out at the same time and we can all get together for the first time since I became pregnant.

I love this idea! It will be so fun! I REALLY look forward to the video! :hyper:

A Flip Camcorder!

1159339_rb.jpg

The WL is an excellent choice for 1st trip with a baby! That boat ride is very relaxing, I recall Henry just loving it at 14 months when we stayed there. Plus - depending on how old the little one is, there is the wonderful sand beach and the EWP that passes by.

Great deal on the Flip recorder! It will be so fun to capture his/her reaction to it all! :cutie:

I love this idea! It will be so fun! I REALLY look forward to the video! :hyper:

The WL is an excellent choice for 1st trip with a baby! That boat ride is very relaxing, I recall Henry just loving it at 14 months when we stayed there. Plus - depending on how old the little one is, there is the wonderful sand beach and the EWP that passes by.

Great deal on the Flip recorder! It will be so fun to capture his/her reaction to it all! :cutie:

Well, I hope the video works. We have to return the first one, it wouldn't even turn on or charge or anything. I'm hoping it was just a fluke. I am so excited about the gender reveal party, it's going to be a lot of fun I think.

I really like the idea of WL, especially since we have both stayed there before. :thumbsup2

Congratulations on the move!

I think WL is a perfect choice! It is so relaxing there. It will be a nice resort to bring the baby back to for an afternoon nap.

Well I'm finally caught up. I've been MIA for the last 3 weeks and missed a lot. We finally moved too and it took 3 weeks to get our internet connected because they had to run a new wire from the road. It was 3 long weeks.

Happy you're keeping the PTR open. We're actually planning on January 2013 for Lia's first trip, but are more leaning towards BLT with VWL as a close second.

Yay for the move, as much as moving sucks (here I sit with still hundreds of things to unpack) it sounds better suited for you guys and the baby.

Glad you guys are able to move downstairs to somewhere a little bigger and with a screened-in porch. Plus, it'll save you two the hassle of lugging up baby and baby luggage the stairs.

The camcorder looks great, and I think it's awesome you'll be able to record the baby's first WDW trip!:thumbsup2

Congratulations on the move!

I think WL is a perfect choice! It is so relaxing there. It will be a nice resort to bring the baby back to for an afternoon nap.
I really think it is a great choice. Now if Jan. 2013 could just get here. :laughing:

Well I'm finally caught up. I've been MIA for the last 3 weeks and missed a lot. We finally moved too and it took 3 weeks to get our internet connected because they had to run a new wire from the road. It was 3 long weeks.

Happy you're keeping the PTR open. We're actually planning on January 2013 for Lia's first trip, but are more leaning towards BLT with VWL as a close second.

Yay for the move, as much as moving sucks (here I sit with still hundreds of things to unpack) it sounds better suited for you guys and the baby.
I'm so excited that we might be at Disney at teh saem time. BLT is still a possibility, BLT will be hard for me to pass up. Marc & I have been wanting to stay there for as long as we knew they were building it.

It is better suited for us and the baby, that is the only reason I am moving. If not I would stay in my beautifully decorated cozy little apartment. Sigh.

Glad you guys are able to move downstairs to somewhere a little bigger and with a screened-in porch. Plus, it'll save you two the hassle of lugging up baby and baby luggage the stairs.

The camcorder looks great, and I think it's awesome you'll be able to record the baby's first WDW trip!:thumbsup2
I am SO happy that I will not have to lug baby gear up and down the stairs. As we know from my fall, I am not the most graceful person. :lmao:

Congrats on the move!!!! It sounds like a better situation all around for you, Marc, and baby!!

Hope PT is going well?!?!? I know it must be tough at first, but it will get easier and you'll be back to normal before you know it!!!

Love that Flip cam! We have one and it is amazing!! I love how versatile and easy to use it is!! You'll love it!!!! Can't wait to see the video of the gender reveal!

Congrats on the move!!!! It sounds like a better situation all around for you, Marc, and baby!!

Hope PT is going well?!?!? I know it must be tough at first, but it will get easier and you'll be back to normal before you know it!!!

Love that Flip cam! We have one and it is amazing!! I love how versatile and easy to use it is!! You'll love it!!!! Can't wait to see the video of the gender reveal!

Yes, I think it will be much better for us and give us a bit more space. Plus we will be on the first floor which I'm loving.

I've only had one PT appointment, second one is on Saturday. I really can't move my foot a whole lot, it's kinda sad.

We have to return the Flip cam! It didn't turn on....I really need to do that tonight or tomorrow. I hope our next one actually works. :thumbsup2

Sorry I totally spaced and missed your last update! Moving downstairs sounds wonderful and perfect for Leslie or Marc junior.

I think WL or VWL is a wonderful choice. I will be staying there for a few nights in June. :thumbsup2

congrats on the new camcorder. I am sure you will more than get your money's worth!

Sorry I totally spaced and missed your last update! Moving downstairs sounds wonderful and perfect for Leslie or Marc junior.

I think WL or VWL is a wonderful choice. I will be staying there for a few nights in June. :thumbsup2

congrats on the new camcorder. I am sure you will more than get your money's worth!

Leslie or Marc junior. That makes me laugh. :rotfl2:

I think WL/VWL will be great for baby's first trip. I really hope that we end up staying there. :thumbsup2

You know I am all about the Disney countdowns when I have a PTR. This isn't a Disney related countdown but it is a very important countdown to this PTR because in exactly TWO WEEKS we will find out if we are taking a Prince or Princess on this trip!

I am so so so very excited to find out what we are having. I honestly don't care what we are having I am just excited to find out and I really want to start calling baby by their name.

This leads me to the first part of the countdown....

Do you think we are having a boy or a girl?

I'm just interested to see what everyone thinks, I like asking people and their reasons why. I have been hearing a lot of interesting "Old Wives Tales" about things that mean you are having a boy or girl. Which leads to me the second part of the countdown...

Do you have any interesting Old Wives tales that I can use for my gender reveal party?

For instance, one of my favorites I have stumbled across is that if the pregnant woman refuses to eat the heel of the bread than she is having a girl. Funny, right? I think I'm going to use these for the party before we reveal what we are having.

Oh I have decided that this update is PTR related because depending on what gender we have will shape this trip, especially in the wardrobe department. I mean, I can't dress my little boy in princess outfits! Also, I am giddy like I have a Disney trip coming with these two weeks to wait. I mean how am I going to possibly wait another two whole weeks! :upsidedow

We successfully returned the Flip video camera and bought one that actually turns on and works. I'm very excited about that so I can share the big reveal with all of you!

I'm going to keep a tally of your guesses, so guess away!
Boy or Girl!
Bonus points if you can guess our names! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter