Counting down and running path question

Andrea_loves_Disney

DIS Veteran
Hi all! :wave2:

We will be arriving WDW in just 25 days!!!! Checking into a cabin on June 14. Anyone else going then? I am getting so excited!! :banana::banana::banana:

My DD15 and her friend are planning to run every morning (devoted high school CC runners!) and I can't remember if there's a path they can run on that circles FW..?? I would feel better if they weren't running on the street where the buses are... Seems like I have seen a map of that somewhere (not just the regular FW map) We stayed in the cabins back in 2007 but we didn't pay any attention to that then!

We are looking forward to checking out the improvements at the big pool, and eating at Trail's End this time too. Anything else new in the last couple years?

Thanks in advance... Can't wait to go!!!! :goodvibes

We will be driving in with Grandkids on the 13th. We will be in our new motorhome. This will our first trip.:cheer2:

There is a bike/ foot path that go's from the Outpost to Marina area, and continues to the WL. The distance from Outpost to Marina is about a mile and 3/4 mile to WL. Check out Satelite image at the beginning of this post. Its shows all loops and area on Gogle Earth....

All of the main roads in FW have sidewalks. The loops don't have sidewalks, but the busses don't go into the loops. I have had many fun runs through FW by "looping" around the loops. You could run for a serious distance if you ran in and through each of the loops.

And, as others have mentioned, there is a path that goes to the Wilderness Lodge. I'm not sure, but I think it's about a mile each way. It's very nice - you regularly see families of deer.

This: http://www.disneyrunning.com/joggingtrailfw.html is also a good place to check out for more info about running around FW (and other resorts too).

Have a great trip! You'll love the cabins!

There's sidewalks everywhere, plenty to run.

I like running to the meadows store (on our buggy) and I run to the marina (on our buggy) and I run to the pool (on our buggy).
All that running and I still don't get enough exercise :confused3

We'll be arriving on June 13 - looking forward to Trails End Fried Chicken for our first dinner.

We were there last month and there are plenty of sidewalks to use for running. BIL and I made a few different runs from our loop to the boat dock and all around -- you can do miles without retracing your steps. It's nicely shaded and very pleasant. Do watch out for deer crossing your path!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter