couldn't stand Coronado Springs

Status
Not open for further replies.
The deluxe resorts don't even deliver the packages to the rooms anymore, or at least they don't deliver to the Contemporary North Garden Wing rooms. We had to pick our packages up at one of the sotres in the main building.

I don't understand all the complaining about people walking by your window. I guess you've never lived in an apartment, or a neighborhood where the homes are close the the sidewalks before.

Chuck S, you might want to check on the Restaurant Board for more current info. My recollection from a '98 visit was that there were several southwestern selections but looking at the current menu on WDWIG it looks like much more conventional steak and fish fare than I remember.

I'm finding it real hard to believe that management would transfer you from a room at $84/night to a room at over $300/night just for what you consider annoyances, but in reality are standard for a moderate hotel.

Are we sure this was not a joke? A bit over the top in my opinion.

I agree, it is quite an incredulous story. If it is true, I'm sure there's more to it from either the poster's side or hotel management. But as with just about everything you read on the internet, take it with a grain of salt.

We had a standard room at the GF and received turndown service every night. I have no desire to stay at the CSR either.

At all of my trips in the past year+, I've been told that resort room package delivery no longer exists. There have been security issues, that were resolved with removing this delivery service. Packages must be picked up at the resort gift shop.

I think I have to agree with alot of the posts here. You have to understand what your getting when you buy something. Unless your buying deluxe, of course there is going to be a walkway in front of your window and door. I understand the privacy issues and Ive had times where I forgot to pull the curtain over and felt uncomfortable when someone would eventually walk by and take a peak in, but at the same time if you make the choice to spend less you have to know that your going to get less. Thats why the resorts are priced how they are. You have to know the amenities and decide what you want for yourself and if your willing to pay for it. I dont think anyone is beating up on the original poster. I think everyone is just stating the obvious. Dirty rooms are a legitimate complaint, but expecting deluxe qualities in a moderate resort is a little too much.

Isn't CSR also a convention resort/hotel? This may be part of the problem with some people, ones that do alot of convention stays. Most hotels for conventions usually do have such things as turn down service. I have a freind who was at CSR last month during a convention and he was very dissapointed at the level of service and condition of the room. If WDW wants the convention bookings at CSR they need to have the usual expected level of service, jmo.

Why go to a moderate if one admits they are not a moderate person? Since I am a value person, I am not familiar with turn down. Is that where they pull the sheets back? Is that hard to do? I've been doing it myself all my life, I didn't know people do it for you.

Yes, CSR is a convention hotel but it was built to offer a moderate option for conventions, and so whoever is planning the convention knows that they chose this option over the Contemporary or Swan/Dolphin or wherever to save money, with the amenities that come with CSR. If CSR offered room service and turn-down service, etc., the costs would rise accordingly.

M. Eisner....maybe I never noticed your posts before or the pic next to your name, but I had a really great laugh from your post sitting here dying to get out of work at 4:20.........Have a great weekend!

Hi,
Thanks for all your replies. I only requested turn down service after someone from housekeeping with a clipboard walked around knocking on doors requesting if anyone would like this service for this evening, so I assumed that they had this service since the resort itself was the one who offered it.
No, I did not expect Deluxe accommondations from a moderate resort, I just found out that I was uncomfortable with the arrangements of this resort. If there would have been more privacy between the sink/vanity area and the outside windows I may not have been so uncomfortable, and if the room would have been better upkept it may have been more bearable.
The resort itself and the surrounding grounds were very pretty but for 5 nights with 2 small children it just wasn't for me.
Disney was very kind and understanding and I am extremely grateful that they listened to my concerns and made my stay very enjoyable.
No I would not stay at CSR again and this was a very good learning experience for me and the types of rooms that I am comfortable in, being this was my first official stay on Disney property. Disney worked their magic for me and because of that I will be going back again next year but staying at Wilderness Lodge or AKL.

As for being true, this story is. They did send us over to the Contemporary at the same price. I had a very short conversation with the nicest hotel manager I ever met. I did not ask to be moved he did that on his own and i am extremely grateful to him. As far as my package was concerned, it was at the front desk and very large. The Cm who checked me told me that she did not want me to carry it and would have it delivered to the room with my bed rails. I had to beg for it after that. I would have gladly gone back to the main desk and got it myself but then they couldn't find it and couldn't understand what I was talking about, thinking I wanted to mail a package. I had to go through 3 CM's before things got cleared up.

I think my main complaint at CS would be the lack of a sit-down restaurant, I like to be comfortable and relax at meal time.
CSR does have a very nice sit down restaurant Maya Grill.

During our second stay at CSR, we were in either 9A or 9B (Cabanas). Upon our return from one of the parks the first night, we found that we had received complimentary turn down service. Boy, that was a surprise! Happened again the next night too! Didn't happen during our 3rd stay, however. :smooth:

This place sux! we've stayed at every Disney resort and this is the worst hands down!!!

This manager should run for office. Did a very good diplomatic job of getting rid of a pain... naw won't go there!

I had a guest that booked Coronado Springs for last December. She was also "not a moderate" type of person. Why she insisted on CSR was evident when I called her to inquire about her recent stay. Well, she had a litany of problems that she ran off. None of which were legitimate. She was completely aware of the services offered at this resort. Well, she complained loudly enough to the manager and she was swiftly transferred over to Animal Kingdom Lodge. At no additional charge.
I had had a feeling that she would try to pull this sort of thing, so I had contacted Guest Services even before she checked in and "red-flagged" her reservation. I told them to warn management that she may try to complain about everything to get an upgrade. Well, in spite of my "early warning", they caved and upgraded her. I was peeved! But then I realized that the manager was probably glad to be rid of her! Maybe this is a trend at Coronado Springs...passing the buck!
By the way, a CM friend of mine told me that when a guest is upgraded under such circumstances, their info is put into a database so that if they book a moderate or value in the future and claim that the resort is not to their liking their chances of getting a "free" upgrade are nil.
Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of circumstances where a comp upgrade is warranted, but there are some who will try to cheat the system.
And I do not infer that the original poster did this, so don't flame me!!!;)
Kerri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter