Could FP+ Ruin my experience?

It's not either/or. Think of the "advance" people the same as the people who rush to Soarin or TSM. After the first half hour or so, the lines die down to normal levels, and FPs are available for the non-rushers.

I see no reason there won't still be many FPs available for the non-planners.

According to Disney, there will be no day-of FP+ selections, only the option to change already-scheduled fastpasses.

So there will only be stand by for the "non planners".

I was included in a MK fast pass + test last September. I thought it streamlined our experience, and I found myself wishing we had that option in our march trip last spring. Besides, if you do t want to use it, don't!

I will use it but I will not be happy about it! I am upset that Disney is limiting my family.

My family spends 14 to 15 hours in MK when we go. It will be our ONLY day in this park and we travel during peak season. For them to limit us to only 3 FPs doesn't sit well and we will actually spend less time in the parks. We were able to pull 9 sets of FPs this past summer. But we will save money by being able to have our dinner off-site instead. I guess that is a plus for us but not so much for Disney

We are a family of 3. My DH and 7 year old DS love to ride Splash. I do not. If we use a FP+ for them to ride this ride then I am left with a unused FP+. I have no desire to ride anything alone. This was never a problem with the current system.

It always seem the ones that have no problem with the new FP+ travel to Disney often, go for longer days and/or spend more than one day in each park.

So tell me, how can my family do all we want to do in MK during peak season with only 1 day in the park when we can only get 3 FP+s?? That was never a problem with the current system. We did not ride everything in the park but there was more that we did ride than we did not. And a couple more than once.

I get the positives of the new system. And for some that those positives outweigh the negatives. But to just state that because the negatives outweigh the positives for my family, then we just shouldn't use it, is a bit rude. Thanks for the understanding.

According to this story, none will be held back for same day use. It is from d23.

Wow. That seems like a pretty substantial piece of this we can all stop guessing about now.

So I wonder..... if all the FPs will be available in advance, is it possible that all the late day times will be taken before that day? So how would that affect distribution of the leftovers? I could see on some rides that slots early in the day might not be taken at all, when ride times were low to begin with, but later times are just totally not available. So after the 3 PM slots are gone, does the system just jump to "all FPs for the day have been distributed?"

It's not either/or. Think of the "advance" people the same as the people who rush to Soarin or TSM. After the first half hour or so, the lines die down to normal levels, and FPs are available for the non-rushers.

I see no reason there won't still be many FPs available for the non-planners.

I think you've got this wrong.

The lines at Soarin and TSMM don't "die down" they are shortest in the morning and they build all day.

TSMM FPs are gone for the day at 11 am-ish.

Soarin by very early afternoon.

The concern is now they will be gone 60 days previous.

According to Disney, there will be no day-of FP+ selections, only the option to change already-scheduled fastpasses.

Are you sure about this information? Isn't this what the kiosks are for?

So there will only be stand by for the "non planners".

Not true, on both counts. From Disney's FAQ:
If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

Are you sure about this information? Isn't this what the kiosks are for?

They will be for those that do not have any FP+s already. But if Disney releases all FP+s at 60 days it stands to reason that during peak seasons all the headliners would be gone by park opening of that day. Does it not seem possible for this to happen?? Many don't grab a FP because they have to get up early and get to the park or they would have to cross the park to get the FP. So making them easier to get also stands to reason that more will be used.

If FastPass+ experiences are still available, you can make FastPass+ selections for attractions and entertainment online with your mobile phone or at a FastPass+ kiosk when you arrive at the park.

The word IF is very telling. Disney is telling us there is a chance if we wait until the day of, we may not get a FP+ for the ride we want.

The lines at Soarin and TSMM don't "die down" they are shortest in the morning and they build all day.

Honestly, I don't see this happening. Most people don't plan like (some) DISers.

I've seen TSM 30 minutes after, and it definitely had died down. YMMV. I didn't say they're that way all day.

IF Fastpasses are still available...which I would wager to guess 90+ % of the time they won't be if they will be released 60 days in advance.

If you don't make FP+ selections in advance, you will be waiting in the stand by line. Disney's wording reaffirms that worst case scenario.

If I am being stupid here please forgive me because in essence I do like the idea of FP+ and booking a slot without having to get there for RD. but ( now here is the dumb question ) it's regarding the 60 window and when it might start. is it the first day of your vacation for the whole of your vacation there after or as each day comes up to 60 days? Because if it's the first day of your vacation for the whole vacation then a family going for 2 weeks lets call them family A will they have a head start on a family vacation of one week call them family B if family B go the second week of family A's vacation as they could book their second week the week before...So family B going high season might log on all confused thinking where have all the fastpasses gone?

Am I being stupid? Probably... :-)

Honestly, I don't see this happening. Most people don't plan like (some) DISers.

I've seen TSM 30 minutes after, and it definitely had died down. YMMV. I didn't say they're that way all day.

Do you travel during peak season? We were there in June and even after being in the park only 15 minutes, we never saw TSMM with anything less than 45 minutes. And that was only in the morning.

For anyone who has questions about the availability of same day fastpasses during busier times, read this article.

http://www.wdwthemeparks.com/news/2013/08/10/d23-expo-august-9-2013-my-magic-and-fastpass

There will be no fastpasses held back for same day availability.

That article you are referencing has the following quote:

For guests getting same day Fastpasses, they will have access to book Fastpasses for later in the day, not just the next available Fastpass

There will be same day FP+s available. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the headliners.

I would also like to know who "Robert" in this article is. Though he may be spot on in his explanation, it would be good to see confirmation of this information in a more official matter. Also, remember that this is a relaying of info what the interviewer understood "Robert" to say.

Do you travel during peak season? We were there in June and even after being in the park only 15 minutes, we never saw TSMM with anything less than 45 minutes. And that was only in the morning.
I was referring to FP lines, not standby lines.

Look at the ADRs if you want a sneak peak at how FP+s will go. Right now at 82 days out from my vacation I cannot find an ADR for CRT, Chef Mickey's unless at 9:30PM, BOG, O'hana dinner, etc. Most of the regular eating times like 8Am breakfast, 12PM lunch, and 6PM are gone as well from places. This isn't during a highly busy time. This is during according to the crowd calendars level 4 crowds. You really think there will be day of FP+s for things like TSM, BTMRR, TOT, TT, or Soarin left? People are having a great ol' time during test because they are testing a small number compared to the overall capacity Disney really sees. Also, regular FP is still available and testers are double dipping. Completely block FP for FP+ testers and make it all resorts; only then would be a good test of how it will actually work.

Look at the ADRs if you want a sneak peak at how FP+s will go. Right now at 82 days out from my vacation I cannot find an ADR for CRT, Chef Mickey's unless at 9:30PM, BOG, O'hana dinner, etc. Most of the regular eating times like 8Am breakfast, 12PM lunch, and 6PM are gone as well from places. This isn't during a highly busy time. This is during according to the crowd calendars level 4 crowds. You really think there will be day of FP+s for things like TSM, BTMRR, TOT, TT, or Soarin left? People are having a great ol' time during test because they are testing a small number compared to the overall capacity Disney really sees. Also, regular FP is still available and testers are double dipping. Completely block FP for FP+ testers and make it all resorts; only then would be a good test of how it will actually work.

Comparing the capacity of restaurants to rides is like comparing the amount of snowfall in Chicago to that of the Mojave Dessert.

Another problem (not for me, my kids are grown) is parents having to waste a precious fastpass+ to take their kids through the meet and greet lines. I am not sure this has been confirmed. I understand burning one of the kids, but not the chaperon. I won't be able to get my older daughter to take my nieces and nephews through those lines now with a fastpass.

I have to question why that would be a waste? Would you consider leaving your (hypothetical) children at the entrance to a ride while you use the FP+ you saved by not accompanying them at a M+G?

I have to question why that would be a waste? Would you consider leaving your (hypothetical) children at the entrance to a ride while you use the FP+ you saved by not accompanying them at a M+G?

Why would they have to leave the child alone? Perhaps the child can wait with another family member while said individual uses their FP+.

Comparing ADRs to FP+s isn't best gauge of how FP+s planning will go. Restaurants have a much smaller capacity than attractions do. Not to mention that people like to eat at "regular times" as you mention.

I agree, this isn't a true test of the overall FP+ system. There are many moving parts to be tested for the FP+ system. We are not privy to their testing methodology or metrics they are using for this round of testing.

The question is, how many people will plan 60 days in advance for attractions? It will be interesting to see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter