Could dd ever get bored with going to Disney?How do you keep it fresh??

mum4jenn

<font color=purple>My dd is the love of my life!!<
Is it possible??? I guess not really but I do think about things like that. She is 6 1/2 and next weekend she is going with her dad for a quick weekend trip. This will be her 13th trip to WDW and the 6th time to Universal. She is always excited to go but is there anything "different" to do that maybe she has not done?/What I mean is the overlooked things for kids. One trip a few trips ago we did the Tom Sawyers Island and there are still a couple of things we have not done.

For those of you that also go this frequently how do you keep it fresh???

We try to do at least one thing different every time we go & we've gone about 2X a year for the past 4 years! Once a year before that.

My DD's haven't been bored yet. They love, love, love to go to WDW. I guess if they didn't want to go they could always stay home!!! :eek:

I thought about this a few uears ago. After six consecutive years, I felt we been their done that, why go again. Then I remember what it was like when I was her age, and how much I liked going on rides in general. It wasn't Disney, but regional parks and how much fun that was for me, just to be able to do that. So, I asked my daughter, "to tell me when she no longer wated to vacation at WDW".

Now this will be are 10th year of going. And what we try and do is add something different to do on every trip. This year will be parasailing and a new hotel stay at USF, RPR. I think next year I would like to return to KSC. And in the very near future, I see my daughter joining me for a round or two of golf. :teeth:

You might want to ask your daughter, how she feels about going to WDW.

After all......I'm perhaps the biggest 4 year there is ! ::yes::

My kids are 15 & 14- normal in every way - teenagers to the max- mention WDW or Disney cruise (my fault, we went on the 7 day over NYE) and they ar packed and ready to go. This is after 5 years of Annual Passes and 4-5 trips per year. I think our key has been to let the trip grow with the kids. As they have grown we have given them more freedom - and of course they have become interested in different things. We used to spend time at MK, now we spend more time at Epcot and of course MGM, a water park, or Downtown Disney. We have always been able to find something different to do, or something we haven't done in a while.

My job, because everybody knows I go for myself, is to make sure that no one gets bored. And believe me, that job isn't that difficult. You can do it!!!

I have two younger boys, and DD is 15. Last trip to FL we went to Universal studios, the two of us and her best friend and stayed onsite at the Hard Rock Hotel. She likes coasters and Universal had enough of those to keep her happy. I'm planning a trip with my boys in April to Disney, and she doesn't want to go. I don't feel bad because I left the boys home when we went to Universal in May. We travel a lot, and she much prefers the cruise we just took, and the trip to San Diego/LA two summers ago. So for my family, it's not the # of trips to Disney, but the age.

We try to always do things that we haven't done before, and are real careful do not do the parks "too much". We rarely do Early Entry, and try new restaurants. We go to water parks, minature golf, lots of pool time, visit resorts, DTD, etc. On a trip I took in Oct with just one DD13, we even went to the movies. I let the kids plan a day or afternoon. Sometimes we will go to a park for just an hour or two (ok, probably two) and do our favorites. We don't stand in line if we don't want to. We allow for one snack purchase a day, which makes it feel so different than home. We are DVC members staying in a one bedroom, so that gives us down time in the room that is fun.

We look at our trips to Disney as a vacation in Disney World, not a trip. We truly vacation. We sleep in when we want and take time to do nothing -- read, watch dvd or tv, lay by the pool. Etc.

DeDixie pretty much does what we do!

I always tell "non-DVCers" that we bought-in to DVC NOT for the parks. Don't get me wrong, the parks are fabulous. But, we usually spend 2 days at the park during a 7 day vacation. The other days we layout at the pools or go to DTD. DVC Resorts have great pools. We head south every April to vacation.

We also change Resorts that we stay at each year to keep things fresh. This April we're staying at AKL for 3 days and BWV's for 4 days. We'll spend 2 days at the Parks, one day at Sea World and the others at the pool!

Hope this helps.

Mickeydad:wave2:

We do the same. We are DVC'ers and generally go for about 5-6 days at a time, from once to three times a year. We stay at our home resort about once a year and try others on the rest of the stays. Of those 5-6 days at WDW, we generally will spend no more than 2 days going to parks. The parks stay fresh bc we never feel the need to see and do everything bc we know we will be back soon. We hadn't been to AK during our last few visits (probably after overloading on it in the past). My dd barely remembered any of it! After a 2 yr break, it seemed as if it was all new and fresh to her.

The rest of our non-park time is also spent exploring the other parts of WDW- waterparks, miniature golf, Downtown Disney, our resort, etc. The DVC resorts also have various activities.. crafts, etc. I seem to recall some non-DVC resorts (Poly is the one I remember) having activities as well. We also often spend a day outside the world and do some major outlet shopping.

Your 6 yr old is at the perfect age for the activities for kids only at the Grand Floridian. My newly turned 7 yr old dd adored the tea with Alice and the pirate cruise. They also now have a cooking event that looks equally fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter