Couch to 5K

funlowellguy

Earning My Ears
Howdy! Has anyone tried the couch to 5k program? Did it work and was it something that was interesting enough to stick with? Any insight would be super helpful, thanks!

So When I decided to join XC at my highschool the coach sent us a workout plan remarkably similar to most C25K programs. I think for new runners they are very useful. It takes a lot of the guesswork out of it. They are usually on the conservative side so you won't be prone to injury and for the most part ask for workouts you don't need anything more than a wristwatch to pull off completing. I personally recommend them.

I started the C25K program at the beginning of March. I hadn't run in 20+ years. I have found the program to be so helpful. I am a very goal oriented person and it is nice to know exactly what you need to do each workout. I am proud to say I start week 9 tomorrow and on Saturday I will graduate from the program after I finish my first 5K ever! I am signed up for at least on race and sometimes two a month from May to October! Good luck!

I started the program last September and finished in November. I never ran an official 5K because it was a bad time of year. (And I was nervous.) I ran until about the end of December and then started doing videos again. About 4 weeks ago I started running on the treadmill again and I completed my 1st official 5L Saturday! I ran it in 36 minutes. Still not super fast but I just wanted to finish under 40 minutes and not be last. There were 192 people after me so I wan't last either! Do it, stick with it, it works.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter