Costco cruise line booking now in Canada!

I'm stunned at the moment too - just did school pick up and one of the moms I know there works in the travel industry so I was telling her about itravel and it being in CDN and she was floored. She told me to JUMP on it lol

Thanks so much for the heads up! We saved a great deal on our cruise. We are going to have to consider another cruise line with different itineraries soon as i can't believe the prices.
After 12 Disney cruises with many different wonderful itineraries that we as a family has loved,it has become too expensive to justify. Royal is looking good to us especially with a teenager.:o

I lied at itravel2000, and it does indeed look like they are currently advertising Disney Cruises at the same current rate per person on the DCL site, but in Canadian dollars. While this looks like a great deal, I just don't see how they can offer what equates to at least a 30% discount due to the weak Canadian dollar. Wouldnt they have to pay DCL's prevailing rate in USD, and so be losing money on each cruise booked? Just doesn't seem possible. I know they advertise a guaranteed price, but it seems too good to be true and I'd worry about a retraction or "adjustment" at some point. Despite the potential savings, I'm sticking to my own booking for now for peace of mind.

I did have a look at the Canada Costco website and their prices are the same as the DCL website, but with a nice bonus CAD cash card. Unfortunately even that doesn't equal the deal we got for booking on board so we'll stick with DCL.

Aby

I lied at itravel2000, and it does indeed look like they are currently advertising Disney Cruises at the same current rate per person on the DCL site, but in Canadian dollars. While this looks like a great deal, I just don't see how they can offer what equates to at least a 30% discount due to the weak Canadian dollar. Wouldnt they have to pay DCL's prevailing rate in USD, and so be losing money on each cruise booked? Just doesn't seem possible. I know they advertise a guaranteed price, but it seems too good to be true and I'd worry about a retraction or "adjustment" at some point. Despite the potential savings, I'm sticking to my own booking for now for peace of mind.

Aby

I have to agree, I'm wondering if it's a 'glitch' that they don't know about/haven't realized? But if I pay my deposit, aren't I locked in at that price now? Would they really be able to come back and say 'oh sorry, we undercharged you, we're charging you more'?? I'm not sure....I haven't cancelled my DCL booking yet lol

if i was going to book something else on dcl i would, for sure, book it with the itravel rates. we are going to rcl for a bit though so it doesn't help me……yet. i'll be checking there if i sail dcl again.

Wow! Confirming that itravel2000 is showing me $3707.76CAD for my cruise date and DCL is showing it for $3707.76USD. Xe.com shows the conversion to CDN should be $4825.05.

Asides from this, since I'm already paid in full, very happy to see that we can book through Costco going forward and get the Costco Cash Cards.

Last edited:
Just wanted to let everyone know that I actually tried to book through Itravel2000, really out of curiosity. The agent made it all the way through to where she books through Disney at her end and found that it changed to US dollars. So, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Bit the bullet and went through DCL instead :).

Just wanted to let everyone know that I actually tried to book through Itravel2000, really out of curiosity. The agent made it all the way through to where she books through Disney at her end and found that it changed to US dollars. So, if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is! Bit the bullet and went through DCL instead :).

Yeah....I figured it was a glitch. We kept our DCL booking anyway so at least my onboard booking still stands with the benefits.

That is so cool about Costco! I will be using them from now on. Unfortunately I think it's too late to transfer my Oct. 2016 booking that I made months ago to Costco. Going through the Costco booking it says I would have received a $735 costco cash card! Darn, that would have been nice. However, it also says my cruise has gone up $1600 since I booked it so I won't be rebooking - LOL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter