Costco cruise line booking now in Canada!

hardis5

DIS Veteran
Checking rental car prices today at Costco.ca, I see vacation packages and cruises available. Selecting a dummy Disney cruise, it actually will show you the Costco Card Cash amount you'll receive back under Included Extras. To those in the US this is nothing new, but booking in Canada through the Costco.ca website this is new (and great). The estimates appear to be the same 9% as Costco in the US.

It doesn't show up for me :( Maybe because I am in Alberta? Is the pricing good? I don't know what you mean by 9% - 9% lower?

That's great! But I went on costco.ca and don't see anywhere I can book travel, I just see car rentals. Can you post a link maybe?

External links they do not like on Disboards, so attached a screenshot of.

Attachments

• Costco.pdf
    284.8 KB · Views: 24
It doesn't show up for me :( Maybe because I am in Alberta? Is the pricing good? I don't know what you mean by 9% - 9% lower?

They give 9% cashback on a cost cash card. The exact same prices and the DCL website (note they are charging in USD).

upload_2015-10-7_14-12-50.png

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-7_14-8-46.png
    upload_2015-10-7_14-8-46.png
    378 KB · Views: 1
I am in Ontario so do not know if only within Ontario. It does show they are TICO licensed on the page which is within Ontario, so maybe select Ontario as your province to see.

i am looking at a rccl cruise, cost is $3282 and all i am getting is $165 obc. not that i would sneeze at that but its far from the 9% costco gift card, which would be amazing! wonder why dcl has gift card but the rccl has obc.

still, thanks again for pointing this out.

Digging deeper, it appears the Cash Card offering is 9% (roughly of the USD price) but the Cash Back Card in listed as CDN so this maybe not as sweet an offering as Costco in the US. Still gives another way to potentially save and compare against the OB credits offered elsewhere.

Unfortunately the pricing is still in US dollars...that's the one thing about RCCL at least you can book them in Canadian funds.

We'll have to see the currency those first booking and receiving, get.

The screenshot below with the terms and conditions says CAD with one section referring as being able to use the card in Canada or the US but the bottom referring to the US only (a straight rip of the US conditions). Sure would be nice to receive the card as a % of the currency the cruise is paid in even if CAD $ equivalent.

upload_2015-10-7_14-43-51.png

The new DCL site haa the option to book in Canadian dollars as well as pounds or euros
i'm not sure about that. what it says, in the top right hand corner, is 'Canada ($US Dollars)'. that kind of says to me that canadians are booking in us dollars. hope i'm reading this wrong but it looks that way when i do a booking as well.

Thanks for this, I'll have to check it out. I just 'reshopped' my Alaska cruise on itravel2000.com (whom we booked our very first cruise with) and now they are in CDN funds (my first cruise was in USD); selecting my Alaska cruise works out to be $1300 cheaper (at todays' exchange rate) than what Disney quoted me! Even without that $200OBC that's still $1100 cheaper, roughly. So yeah, cancelling with Disney for sure and then rebooking with Itravel - but not before seeing what Costco has to offer ;-)

i'm not sure about that. what it says, in the top right hand corner, is 'Canada ($US Dollars)'. that kind of says to me that canadians are booking in us dollars. hope i'm reading this wrong but it looks that way when i do a booking as well.
well that's kinda stupid? Whats the use then? Anyway it worked for me in euro's, thats why i thought it would work in cad$ as well.

Double checked and itravel2000 is charging me in CDN...works out to be well cheaper than Costco travel, even without the cash card. You guys should look into itravel ;-)

Double checked and itravel2000 is charging me in CDN...works out to be well cheaper than Costco travel, even without the cash card. You guys should look into itravel ;-)
holy cr*p! i just went in and did feb 6, 2016 just to have a date. itravel2000.com is pricing a 8C, 2A at $4123. canadian. DCL is pricing same sailing, 8D (closest i could get,the new website destroys me lol) at $4095 u.s.
using the rate of $1.35 which is in line with bank rates, we would save $1400. thats a big discount. i thought no one was allowed to do that.

thanks for the tip.

Wow! Definitely going to be reshopping my cruises I have booked through the Costco or iTravel!
Thanks for the tip!

External links they do not like on Disboards, so attached a screenshot of.

Actually, links make them happy because there's no way to hide a banned site with clever words. If it's banned it'll come through with xxxxx; if not banned, it comes through just fine. So with TA sites, link away!

i am looking at a rccl cruise, cost is $3282 and all i am getting is $165 obc. not that i would sneeze at that but its far from the 9% costco gift card, which would be amazing! wonder why dcl has gift card but the rccl has obc.

The answer is "because". :) They're just different ways of doing it. I'm surprised it's only 165, though. How far into the booking did you go? Our two upcoming royal cruises are are through costco, and both have a Costco OBC and a royal OBC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter