Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand about the checking in/out thing, having been to WDW dozens of times in the last 39 years. My beef is with CMs who aren't trained to handle even the slightest deviation from a "normal" check-in or -out. The problem is rampant in all the WDW resorts, and writing a letter after the fact doesn't help me at all when I have to take precious vacation time to complete something which should be a matter of course for an adequately-trained staff in a service and hospitality business. Don't get me wrong, I'm WDW's #1 fan, but I hate to see this kind of slippage in service.

Sounds neat!!

Awesome!! I am so excited now because I watched a full review of CS that the people from the DIS had on YouTube today. They seemed to love it and gave it a very good review.

I do have a question though. I was reading about the food court, The Pepper Market, and they were saying that they have a different way of ordering there now. Something about each person getting a card and you select and then you are seated. They will bring your drinks to you and there is a 10% tip required unless you get the meal to go.

Can someone explain this better to me? I want to see what they have before we order. I like the regular food courts and the way the work. Is this system good or should we skip eating there? I don't see us going much, but my kids do like to get a late night snack or something for breakfast on some mornings. I like the grab and go. Not sure I want to be tied down to being served for a fruit cup and having to tip for it. :confused3

how it worked for us last week was

go to the front desk tell them how people are in your party
get seated and order drinks
they give you a menu and a stamp card
you can then get up and look around at all the food once you decide what you having you order it from the station
they stamp your card
wait for the food
sit down eat your food
go get desert (massive let down tbh)
then ask for the bill and pay at the table

gmi3804 said:
I understand about the checking in/out thing, having been to WDW dozens of times in the last 39 years. My beef is with CMs who aren't trained to handle even the slightest deviation from a "normal" check-in or -out. The problem is rampant in all the WDW resorts, and writing a letter after the fact doesn't help me at all when I have to take precious vacation time to complete something which should be a matter of course for an adequately-trained staff in a service and hospitality business. Don't get me wrong, I'm WDW's #1 fan, but I hate to see this kind of slippage in service.

There should be someone right next to them that does know how to do everything, so they can watch and learn.

how it worked for us last week was go to the front desk tell them how people are in your party get seated and order drinks they give you a menu and a stamp card you can then get up and look around at all the food once you decide what you having you order it from the station they stamp your card wait for the food sit down eat your food go get desert (massive let down tbh) then ask for the bill and pay at the table

Thank you! What dessert did you have that you didn't like? We loved the cheese cake at riverside and I am hoping that they have some here. I wish they had pictures online.

the only one i liked was the churoes (sp) i think the main dissapointed thing with me was that they didnt have ice cream as well as the fact that the girl on the counter was very rude to the point we both didnt want to go get any

I've not read through this thread, but is this a good family resort or does it cater to a more business clientele?

I've not read through this thread, but is this a good family resort or does it cater to a more business clientele?

It's fantastic for families!!! You don't really even notice the "business clientele" that much.

I agree with Kris! We've stayed there 4 times, with a 5th visit planned for May and we've never even noticed, much less been bothered by, conventioneers. It does sometimes get a little crowded in the morning at Café Rix, but it's always been well staffed and the line goes quickly! We LOVE CSR!!!! :goodvibes

the only one i liked was the churoes (sp) i think the main dissapointed thing with me was that they didnt have ice cream as well as the fact that the girl on the counter was very rude to the point we both didnt want to go get any

My kids love those!! We are not big ice cream eaters so that will be fine, but it is surprising though. I'm sitting here worried about dessert when I need to be dieting!! Haha!!

There should be someone right next to them that does know how to do everything, so they can watch and learn.

There should, shouldn't there? :)

I enjoyed my stay a great deal, front desk incompetence notwithstanding. I stated in two different sections during my 11 days: Casitas, which I found had all the charm of a prison block, but the quiet pool was spotless and my building four location was convenient to parking and bus stop two. Even the oft-maligned Ranchos seemed to have more character; and Cabanas, which had much more charm and "color" and was much more attractively landscaped.

I particularly liked its position on WDW property. I drive most everywhere, and loved the quick commutes to most parts of the property. Even AK, which can seem so remote, was a hop, skip, and a jump away.

This is our first stay at CSR and probably our 8th or 9th trip to WDW! I cannot WAIT to stay here! These photos are getting me even more excited.

Hi everyone, need some help and I will say right away that I did not read this whole thread. I think it would take me till next week to read it all. We will be staying here on Sept 17 and have a king size bed room. We will be only staying the one night as we will be going to YC for the rest of our stay. I was wondering if anyone could till me where we should request if we want a room close to El Centro and parking. Thank you for all your help. And also, love the first page, it was very helpful to us.

Laura

Checking in on Sunday!! Can't wait! We will be in a King room with no special request made (DH and I are okay with walking if need be). Will report back (probably at the end of week)

Hi everyone, need some help and I will say right away that I did not read this whole thread. I think it would take me till next week to read it all. We will be staying here on Sept 17 and have a king size bed room. We will be only staying the one night as we will be going to YC for the rest of our stay. I was wondering if anyone could till me where we should request if we want a room close to El Centro and parking. Thank you for all your help. And also, love the first page, it was very helpful to us.

Laura

The very closest rooms are bookable categories, as are King bed rooms. If you don't have a Preferred Location category, request Casitas 4 or Cabanas 9A.

I enjoyed my stay a great deal, front desk incompetence notwithstanding. I stated in two different sections during my 11 days: Casitas, which I found had all the charm of a prison block, but the quiet pool was spotless and my building four location was convenient to parking and bus stop two. Even the oft-maligned Ranchos seemed to have more character; and Cabanas, which had much more charm and "color" and was much more attractively landscaped.

I particularly liked its position on WDW property. I drive most everywhere, and loved the quick commutes to most parts of the property. Even AK, which can seem so remote, was a hop, skip, and a jump away.

Specifically, what was it you disliked about the Casitas? I could use some information to help me decide which area to stay in.

got to agree with this i dont think i drove anywhere longer then 25 mins while staying at CSR its so easy

Specifically, what was it you disliked about the Casitas? I could use some information to help me decide which area to stay in.

The whole section is a bit barren and concrete, for want of a better description. There are some lovely parts close to the water, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the buildings are large (three or four stories each), and there's not much in the way of architecture except for some arches. The outside hallways in particular felt like cheap motel, and the "interior" hallways (between sections) felt like a city underpass. The parking lot-facing rooms look onto a large expanse of concrete and asphalt, which was stark and depressing. Other than that I loved them. :)

The Cabanas, on the other hand, are in a more tropical and tranquil setting, with colorful buildings that are only two stories high, so you get more of a laid-back, vacation-y feeling there. I was lucky enough to have a pool view, but even the parking lot views have lush trees and lawns to provide visual interest.

The Ranchos, which many seem to not like (probably due to their remote location on the property more than anything else), had more charm and Southwest detail.

Guess it's all a matter of opinion, but these were my impressions.

The whole section is a bit barren and concrete, for want of a better description. There are some lovely parts close to the water, but that doesn't take away from the fact that the buildings are large (three or four stories each), and there's not much in the way of architecture except for some arches. The outside hallways in particular felt like cheap motel, and the "interior" hallways (between sections) felt like a city underpass. The parking lot-facing rooms look onto a large expanse of concrete and asphalt, which was stark and depressing. Other than that I loved them. :)

The Casitas, on the other hand, are in a more tropical and tranquil setting, with colorful buildings that are only two stories high, so you get more of a laid-back, vacation-y feeling there. I was lucky enough to have a pool view, but even the parking lot views have lush trees and lawns to provide visual interest.

The Ranchos, which many seem to not like (probably due to their remote location on the property more than anything else), had more charm and Southwest detail.

Guess it's all a matter of opinion, but these were my impressions.

I believe the bolded was meant to say Cabanas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter