Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's the Disney at CSR?

It might sound a weird question, but we stayed at ASMu last time and loved the OTT theming :) I got a better deal at CSR than we would at ASMu, even with extra people! We will definitely be staying there and I love the look of it, but I know that all of us will be looking for signs of Disney so I hoped someone might be able to point me towards some :)

I know lots of people like a break from it all after a day at the parks - but not us! :laughing:

We have been to Disney before, but never been able to stay on Disney property. Our family is going to be staying at Coronado Springs the second week of November. We are so looking forward to it. My husband and I are currently trying to think of ways to surprise our children, they are 13 and 8 as we still have not told them. We are beyond excited :)

My family and I have always stayed at Port Orleans during our Disney vacations. We are thinking of switching it up for our 20th anniversary. :) Why do you prefer CSR over POR? Any help would be appreciated. I'm also thinking of going deluxe with either WL or AKL.

Anybody knows the schedule (or where I could find the schedule) for the campfires and movies under the stars for the last week of october? Doing some planning in here...

Thanks in advance!

Anybody knows the schedule (or where I could find the schedule) for the campfires and movies under the stars for the last week of october? Doing some planning in here...

Thanks in advance!

This is the schedule for the entire month of October.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Movie Schedule

Movie at 8:00PM

By the Dig Site Feature Pool
Sunday - Monsters, Inc.
Monday - The Sword and the Stone
Tuesday - Frankenweenie
Wednesday - Hercules
Thursday - Hocus Pocus
Friday - The 3 Cabelleros
Saturday - The Little Mermaid (see our princess page)

The campfire normally starts an hour before the movie.

This is the schedule for the entire month of October.

Disney's Coronado Springs Resort Movie Schedule

Movie at 8:00PM

By the Dig Site Feature Pool
Sunday - Monsters, Inc.
Monday - The Sword and the Stone
Tuesday - Frankenweenie
Wednesday - Hercules
Thursday - Hocus Pocus
Friday - The 3 Cabelleros
Saturday - The Little Mermaid (see our princess page)

The campfire normally starts an hour before the movie.

Thank you very much!!! :)

Question on movie schedules...When do they typically come out? We'll be there the first week in May. Will the schedule be released in April? Or will we have to wait and see what it is when we get there since it'll be so close the the start of the month?

Sent from my iPad using the DISBoards app.

OMG, last minute change... We switched AoA for Coronado Springs (excellent price) and we'll be there in 13 days. I have to read this thread!! :rotfl2:

Excited but a bit anxious since I know nothing about the resort.

I just made a last minute switch to Coronado Springs also. I originally booked the Wilderness Lodge a few months ago, then I switched to Pop earlier this week to cut costs, then I decided that I really didn't want to stay at Pop (no offense, but I just don't think I can deal with all the bright colors and big statues) and switched to Coronado yesterday. Thank goodness I had a room only reservation and could make all those changes with no problems! I didn't really know too much about Coronado either aside from it being a large, Mexican themed convention resort, but I watched a DIS Unplugged video that gave it an excellent review. I booked a preferred room and requested Casitas 1, so hopefully that means I'll have a short walk to the main building and the bus stop. I was also worried about the 10% service charge at Pepper Market but I read that I can just get my food to go and not pay the service charge, so that'll work better for me since I wanted to get my food to go anyway.

So there is a 10% charge in Pepper Market? Does that count as tip for the server who brings you the food? ('cause I heard you order at the counter and they bring your food)...

I asked for Cabanas or Ranchos... I don't mind the long walk...

So there is a 10% charge in Pepper Market? Does that count as tip for the server who brings you the food? ('cause I heard you order at the counter and they bring your food)... I asked for Cabanas or Ranchos... I don't mind the long walk...

When we went you had to wait at the different counters for your food. The only thing the server brought is was drinks. That was a few years ago though. May have changed since then.

Checked out of CSR this morning.

The front desk staff checking us in were amazing and our magic bands (that we got last month from Pop Century) worked the whole time except for the lounge which I'm sure probably would work now since they are "live" with the bands.

The lounge staff were above and beyond great! A lot of them remembered us from Feb. We make it a point to stop there every morning for breakfast and at least once a night either before or after dinner since we're paying for it! The selections were great but no bottled water which was probably the only downfall. They CMs said people were taking armfuls of them and the bottle service was suspended. I mostly had Sangrias but enjoyed the Corona with lime too!

The pool was great and always clean. We enjoyed the hot tub around the 11pm hour on 3 nights. It was never busy or overrun with unsupervised children (like the first day we went).

We ate at Cafe Rix for snacks and one meal. It was very good and fresh! I'm about to eat the Turkey sandwich for dinner now in my apt! We didn't eat at Pepper Market but the the last trips we did were great.

The buses were always timed perfectly for us which encourages us to take the bus more often and it was nice not driving around Disney for once. In all fairness we did not use the bus at park close except after the 10:30pm parade for MNSSHP and the 2nd Fantasmic Show.

Our only major complaint was housekeeping. We were in the same housekeeping block in Feb and it was equally as bad. Day 1, DF came back from Epcot and the room was not touched at 3pm. He called and was told that they didn't clean because they thought people were resting?! He left for Epcot at 9:30am and took the sign off the door. Day 2, we saw the housekeeper and asked her to clean the room which she did at some point. Day 3, it was nearing 4pm and she had not touched the room (we left at 9:45am). When we called we were told they service till 6pm?! I've never heard of Disney servicing till 6pm or later unless it was turndown service which we did not get. Day 4 I finally called to request a time to be cleaned since that's what I was told the day before but when I did call I was told it's not a guarantee?! Never have we had such crazy housekeeping issues! It will not keep us from staying there of course but I was told 3 different stories every day!

Other than the housekeeping we had a great trip and will return again, especially in business class!

Checked out of CSR this morning. The front desk staff checking us in were amazing and our magic bands (that we got last month from Pop Century) worked the whole time except for the lounge which I'm sure probably would work now since they are "live" with the bands. The lounge staff were above and beyond great! A lot of them remembered us from Feb. We make it a point to stop there every morning for breakfast and at least once a night either before or after dinner since we're paying for it! The selections were great but no bottled water which was probably the only downfall. They CMs said people were taking armfuls of them and the bottle service was suspended. I mostly had Sangrias but enjoyed the Corona with lime too! The pool was great and always clean. We enjoyed the hot tub around the 11pm hour on 3 nights. It was never busy or overrun with unsupervised children (like the first day we went). We ate at Cafe Rix for snacks and one meal. It was very good and fresh! I'm about to eat the Turkey sandwich for dinner now in my apt! We didn't eat at Pepper Market but the the last trips we did were great. The buses were always timed perfectly for us which encourages us to take the bus more often and it was nice not driving around Disney for once. In all fairness we did not use the bus at park close except after the 10:30pm parade for MNSSHP and the 2nd Fantasmic Show. Our only major complaint was housekeeping. We were in the same housekeeping block in Feb and it was equally as bad. Day 1, DF came back from Epcot and the room was not touched at 3pm. He called and was told that they didn't clean because they thought people were resting?! He left for Epcot at 9:30am and took the sign off the door. Day 2, we saw the housekeeper and asked her to clean the room which she did at some point. Day 3, it was nearing 4pm and she had not touched the room (we left at 9:45am). When we called we were told they service till 6pm?! I've never heard of Disney servicing till 6pm or later unless it was turndown service which we did not get. Day 4 I finally called to request a time to be cleaned since that's what I was told the day before but when I did call I was told it's not a guarantee?! Never have we had such crazy housekeeping issues! It will not keep us from staying there of course but I was told 3 different stories every day! Other than the housekeeping we had a great trip and will return again, especially in business class!

Strange question, but do they have an ice cream bar at Pepper Market or Cafe Rix?

When we went you had to wait at the different counters for your food. The only thing the server brought is was drinks. That was a few years ago though. May have changed since then.
Yes, from what I understand, the servers will bring you your drinks and refill them as needed which is nice and all, but I'd just like to grab my food and go rather than sit there and eat.

Our only major complaint was housekeeping. We were in the same housekeeping block in Feb and it was equally as bad. Day 1, DF came back from Epcot and the room was not touched at 3pm. He called and was told that they didn't clean because they thought people were resting?! He left for Epcot at 9:30am and took the sign off the door. Day 2, we saw the housekeeper and asked her to clean the room which she did at some point. Day 3, it was nearing 4pm and she had not touched the room (we left at 9:45am). When we called we were told they service till 6pm?! I've never heard of Disney servicing till 6pm or later unless it was turndown service which we did not get. Day 4 I finally called to request a time to be cleaned since that's what I was told the day before but when I did call I was told it's not a guarantee?! Never have we had such crazy housekeeping issues! It will not keep us from staying there of course but I was told 3 different stories every day!

Other than the housekeeping we had a great trip and will return again, especially in business class!

Note to self: possibility of no house keeping until 6:00 pm. I think I can deal with it. At least I know.

Strange question, but do they have an ice cream bar at Pepper Market or Cafe Rix?

They have the Gelato inside Cafe Rix. I'm not sure about Pepper Market. I think they may have soft serve? They have the mickey ice cream bars and other ice cream novelties inside the gift shop Panchitos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter