Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
churrosoftserve.jpg

OH MY GOSH! THAT LOOKS SO YUMMY! I'm drooling right now. We will be there in 16 days. I can't wait.

For dinner at Pepper Market... is bottled white milk an option for the drink?

With the QSDP we'd like to use the mugs for dinner drinks and grab bottled milk to take back to the room for breakfast if possible?

I don't know, but I'll try to find out. Monday at lunch time my son got milk. It came in a little plastic glass. In the past, he was always given a small carton of milk and it wasn't refillable.

OH MY GOSH! THAT LOOKS SO YUMMY! I'm drooling right now. We will be there in 16 days. I can't wait.

I agree! That's on my Teacup List now!

Looks like we arrive the same day - see you at the Pepper Market! :rotfl:

I highly recommend drizzling honey over top of the icecream and churro! Yum!

That's great you arrive the same day!

Just a note about the churros, when they have sat out for a while they get a little hard. Usually we eat lunch just before the PM closes. By far, the churros tasted much fresher and better at 11:30 than prior to closing.

I don't know, but I'll try to find out. Monday at lunch time my son got milk. It came in a little plastic glass. In the past, he was always given a small carton of milk and it wasn't refillable.

The funny thing is, when we were there and my son got milk at the PM buffet (lunch), he got a cup one day, and a carton the next. :confused3 Weird. (We ate there 3 x for lunch.)

Maybe it just depends on the server? :confused3

Yes. That could be it. We had 3 different servers. Also, I'm not positive, but it also may be whether you ask for 2% or skim. Either way, if you want a carton to take away, just ask them for a carton of milk - not a cup. I don't think they'd have a problem with that.

We will be arriving this Sat. around 8 or 9 am, so excited! How is the breakfast buffet? Thanks!:hyper:

I am confused about the different room type options. We will be heading down 12/15-12/19, right now we are booked at WL, but I very much would like to switch to CSR. I have only stayed one right at CSR, but really enjoyed it. What I don't get is all of these different room types.

I can now book a King bed room, King Bed preferred room, or a King Bed Water view, my question is, is it worth it for any of these, other than just a basic King Bed Room?

I was going to request Casitas 4 or 5, where we stayed last time, so I think that eliminates the preferred room. Can we request the casitas 4 or 5 and still get a water view? Too many options, so confused!

I am confused about the different room type options. We will be heading down 12/15-12/19, right now we are booked at WL, but I very much would like to switch to CSR. I have only stayed one right at CSR, but really enjoyed it. What I don't get is all of these different room types.

I can now book a King bed room, King Bed preferred room, or a King Bed Water view, my question is, is it worth it for any of these, other than just a basic King Bed Room?

I was going to request Casitas 4 or 5, where we stayed last time, so I think that eliminates the preferred room. Can we request the casitas 4 or 5 and still get a water view? Too many options, so confused!

A king bed room could be anywhere but buildings 1, 2 or 3.

A king bed preferred could be located somewhere in buildings 1, 2, or 3.

A king bed water view could be looking at any fountain, lake or pool.

Yes, you could still get a water view in 4 or 5.

The Pepper Market is now serving Soft Serve Ice Cream: Gluten Free & Lactose Free. Flavors include Vanilla, Chocolate & Swirl! (For those with food allergies, it's always best to ask first in case they change brands.)

Hi all... I just booked our 1st trip to CSR for 9 nights in August.

I have read the 1st ten pages but have to go to bed and have some questions... Which are based on my previous stays at WL

1) Grocery delivery to the resort? and will they deliver it to our room ? (usually stay at WL where they do that)

2) How to get a cab- at EL Centro or call ahead of time? Valet would help at WL... (early AM ADRS)

3) Are there quiet areas in the resort area that are inside or have A/C (like in EL Centro)? I am traveling with DD (18) and I will want some time away to be by myself--- read, relax... I love sitting by a pool but in August--- kinda warm lol ....

4) are there bathrooms/changing rooms at the pools? We will be flying out late on our last day and usually go to park in AM then relax by pool before ME takes us away...

Thanks All!
Jill

The Pepper Market is now serving Soft Serve Ice Cream: Gluten Free & Lactose Free. Flavors include Vanilla, Chocolate & Swirl! (For those with food allergies, it's always best to ask first in case they change brands.)

This is good to hear. I am lactose intolerant, not really bad but enough that I watch what I eat when I am out and about, not so much at home. It will be nice to have a bit of ice cream while I am there and not worry about it affecting me later.

We will be arriving this Sat. around 8 or 9 am, so excited! How is the breakfast buffet? Thanks!:hyper:

I'll also be arriving Saturday (flight gets in at 9:50 am). Can you post if you try the PM breakfast buffet? I want to try it but I'm leary... )

Enjoy your trip!

I'll also be arriving Saturday (flight gets in at 9:50 am). Can you post if you try the PM breakfast buffet? I want to try it but I'm leary... )

Enjoy your trip!

The breakfast buffet was our favorite part of staying at CSR. It was a counter service credit. I loved going to the different stations and seeing what was offered. They had a couple different eggs options. You could get an ommlette made, or there was usually two different kinds of scrambled eggs. (plain, and non plain). It seems like my favorite day was when there were some onions and bell peppers mixed in the eggs. There were usually two different kinds of potatoes too, if I remember right. Also there was fruit/yogurt/cereals offered. And Mickey waffles. I believe there were pancakes too. And the bacon was crisp! Also there were muffins/pastries offered in the dessert area. Wish I could remember more about it. My husband thinks they also had oatmeal.

We were there end of January, beginning of February. We also had breakfast at Crystal Palace one morning and I didn't think the food was quite as good as at Pepper Market.

We also enjoyed the lunch buffet.

We are definently returning to CSR.

We arrive Saturday for a conference at CSR. We booked preferred and requested 2 room adjoining. The conference shows all rooms booked and that they are now booking at AKL. A little nervous we will not get adjoining rooms. 1) would you recommend doing online check-in 2) should I stay with preferred? It is within walking distance to the Dig Site pool?
Thanks

Hi all... I just booked our 1st trip to CSR for 9 nights in August.

I have read the 1st ten pages but have to go to bed and have some questions... Which are based on my previous stays at WL

1) Grocery delivery to the resort? and will they deliver it to our room ? (usually stay at WL where they do that)

2) How to get a cab- at EL Centro or call ahead of time? Valet would help at WL... (early AM ADRS)

3) Are there quiet areas in the resort area that are inside or have A/C (like in EL Centro)? I am traveling with DD (18) and I will want some time away to be by myself--- read, relax... I love sitting by a pool but in August--- kinda warm lol ....

4) are there bathrooms/changing rooms at the pools? We will be flying out late on our last day and usually go to park in AM then relax by pool before ME takes us away...

Thanks All!
Jill

1. Grocery delivery works the same. We had gardengrocer deliver before our plane landed. Once we arrived , checked in and got to our room, we called bell services and they delivered our groceries and we tipped the bellman :goodvibes

2. They have valets??? or "guys"--LOL--that hail a cab depending on the type you need--they have their little code I guess(reg cab, van, etc) and voila--it appears and they open the door for you. tip again--LOL

3. Quiet areas with A/C....well there are couches, chairs, benches, etc scattered around check-in and El Centro that you could sit and read however I am not sure I would call them quiet as there is always some type of hussle and bustle. You could definitely catch a spot during the daytime inside the Rix lounge as it is open during the day but doesn't get hopping until evening so that would be your best getaway spot. :thumbsup2

4. The Dig Site pool area has WONDERFUL facilities including a spacious bathroom, loads of vanity spaces, lockers, and showers....AND the spa bathroom also has a few lockers and shower/changing areas as well. That is over adjacent to the Casitas quiet pool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter