Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another quick question: are the in room coffepots the new Pod style ones or are they the kind that need a filter?

TIA!

we're staying in 2 rooms for our family of 6 with kids ranging from 6-16 should I request for us to be in cabanas 9B, 9A, 8B or 8A? which is the best choice? flying in so disney trans only

I wouldn't be that specific with a request. I'd request connecting rooms first (if that is your preference), then cabanas (or close to Dig Site or close to bus stop or whatever it is that matters to you). It is best to give the room assigners as much to work with as possible.

Just checked in. We are in Ranchos 7b. When she said that was where we were going, she noticed the look of panic on my face. After waiting about 20 minutes to see if we could get something in Casitas 5, I said never mind - we would take this because it's ready. The quiet pool is right outside our door and we are between bus stops 3 & 4. The room is very nice. I actually am OCD about cleaning so I took a Clorox wipe and started wiping down the tables, etc. and they were so clean.

Now off to DTD for the day!

Can't wait to check out Dig Site when my luggage (and bathing suit) arrive.
:woohoo:

Thanks for the update! While we prefer cabanas, I think I would like 7B. It has a great location near the Dig Site, a very nice quiet pool, and the laundry.

Another quick question: are the in room coffepots the new Pod style ones or are they the kind that need a filter?

TIA!

I think they have all been switched to the pod kind. Can anyone there now confirm? :goodvibes

just returned wednesday. quick review.
.... why? oh WHY?! did they take away the little table with 2 chairs and put in a stupid desk with a desk chair? 2 people want to sit down and eat together, or have a cocktail, or play cards. I ended up having to sit at the end of the desk on a little hassock (ottoman, for you younger folks)

That's the only thing keeping us from booking CSR again :sad2:
It's my favorite resort of the ones we've stayed in that still exist.

My DH calls that chair 'scary', cause it tips waaayy to far back.
I can see having it for convention guests, but if the room has 2 beds, why don't they have 2 chairs ? <sigh>

My family would also like 2 chairs instead of the desk and chair, but I think CSR is targeted more toward business travelers than families. It's inconvenient because we eat breakfast in the room and that extra chair would be nice.

One more thing I found to be lacking in the room is a set of hooks from which to hang our lanyards, water bottle holders, hats, etc. Those hooks come in handy!

Otherwise, we like the room. It's the only mod with one sink, but that is a non-issue for us. The decor is nice, the beds are queen sized and comfortable, and the sliding doors are nicer than a privacy curtain IMHO.

Thanks for the review!

I believe the bathrooms being locked after hours at the Fitness Center is a safety issue. Also those bathrooms are technically for Fitness Center users, not for kids at the pool so that really is a non-issue. I don't recall seeing any public washrooms at the Ranchos quiet pool when we stayed in 7B two trips ago. I could be wrong here, but I don't think most Disney quiet pools have public washrooms and in theory the quiet pools are for people staying in the imediate area so going to your room to use the washroom shouldn't be an issue.

I can see where waiting in the food line at the pool to fill your mug would be annoying, but it is better than walking over to Cafe Rix the main filling station. At least they offer multiple filling stations, some resorts don't.

I agree with the pricing at PM. We've had FD both stays at CSR so it wasn't an issue and we like PM. However if we didn't have FD I'm not sure I would use PM much.

As far as the rude CM, that is highly uncommon at Disney. One of the things about WDW that always amazes me is how they find so many "happy" people to work there. I can see the workers point, you want them to wait around to lock up while your child uses the washroom which technically is only for Fitness Center users not kids at the quiet pool. I would probably be annoyed as well, but you usually don't get that attitude at Disney.

Sounds like overall you had a good stay with a few minor annoyances.

CSR is a great resort!

we do like CSR, or we wouldn't have stayed there 4 times!;) just posting my observations

there are always restrooms at all the quiet pools at all the resorts. ranchos has one. cabanas has one... they are at all quiet pools at CBR and POR.

you are encouraged to use ALL the pools at the resorts, not just the one in your area. even so, it is a long walk from the casitas pool to many rooms in the casitas area, involving elevators, etc. to me, it is a safety issue to have restrooms near the pools. everyother pool on property does. they often need a room key to access, but that makes sense.

yes, it's great that you can get a refill at siestas, and not have to walk all the way to cafe rix, which wold be crazy. (like at POR, where you have to walk all the way to the food court. I just wish they had a spot to refill them yourselves, such as they have by the pool at Vero beach resort.

yeah, minor annoyances. but we always like to keep tabs on the pros and cons of every resort, so we can make an informative choice as to where to stay next time!!:cool1:

tryinhg to help others do the same. someone else might be thrilled to hear about the desk instead of the table.. but info helps us all.:)

One more thing I found to be lacking in the room is a set of hooks from which to hang our lanyards, water bottle holders, hats, etc. Those hooks come in handy!

No hooks by the door to hang things? I think I'll pack a couple a few of those Command Strip large hooks.

we do like CSR, or we wouldn't have stayed there 4 times!;) just posting my observations

there are always restrooms at all the quiet pools at all the resorts. ranchos has one. cabanas has one... they are at all quiet pools at CBR and POR.

you are encouraged to use ALL the pools at the resorts, not just the one in your area. even so, it is a long walk from the casitas pool to many rooms in the casitas area, involving elevators, etc. to me, it is a safety issue to have restrooms near the pools. everyother pool on property does. they often need a room key to access, but that makes sense.

yes, it's great that you can get a refill at siestas, and not have to walk all the way to cafe rix, which wold be crazy. (like at POR, where you have to walk all the way to the food court. I just wish they had a spot to refill them yourselves, such as they have by the pool at Vero beach resort.

yeah, minor annoyances. but we always like to keep tabs on the pros and cons of every resort, so we can make an informative choice as to where to stay next time!!:cool1:

tryinhg to help others do the same. someone else might be thrilled to hear about the desk instead of the table.. but info helps us all.:)

All the info is great for sure! Wasn't meaning to pick at your review specifically, although thats probably how it comes across on the Internet. I just sometimes feel the need to counter balance some of the negativity and offer a different point of view. Being someone who manages a large business I guess my first instinct is always to defend the management side of things.

I was just thinking about the quiet pool restroom thing and it occurs to me the Casitas 4 pool is probably the only one we have actually spent time at, so I guess I never noticed that all the other quiet pools had restrooms. The impression I got was that the Fitness Center was considered seperate from the pool and that those "locker rooms" were really intended for people using the Fitness center. I don't recall seeing any signs indicating that, but thats the impression I got. Although I'm sure there were kids from the pool running in there during the day. I use the Fitness Center while I'm there and I admit it is irritating that the locker rooms are locked at night, but they are probably worried about someone hurting themselves or getting mugged at night.

I got back a from a week long stay at CSR just a couple of weeks ago. I'll give a quick run-down on the good and the bad.

The good- BEAUTIFUL resort. I mainly booked CSR because I liked it wasn't too over the top Disney and I loved how the rooms looked. It didn't disappoint in that area. We really enjoyed our room. The bed was comfy, the wi-fi worked wonderfully, and both my 14 year old DD and I loved the room divider that separated the room area from the bathroom area. I had zero issues with housekeeping. Our room was always clean and stocked with whatever we needed. On our last day I requested a late check-out because we had a late afternoon flight and they approved me to stay until 2 pm. Zero issues with ME and I found the front desk staff to be really friendly. I was also pleased to see our room was ready when we arrived at around 2 pm. I was expecting a bit of a wait. I had done on-line check in and for some reason it wouldn't allow me any requests so I just called in and requested Cabanas. We stayed in Cabanas8B. I liked that we had a short walk to bus stop #4 and the quiet pool. The dig site was also fairly close but I only went there once and wound up ordering a drink and taking it back to the beach area so I could relax in a hammock. :)

The bad- I guess these things could either be big deals for some or just minor annoyances for others. I guess I fall somewhere in between. While we had a short walk to the bus stop, I felt we were always waiting longer than I had expected to wait. It seemed like whatever bus we needed it was the last and we'd even see a few of the same park buses before ours would arrive. I guess it wasn't a huge deal and it even became a joke between my DD and I but it was kind of annoying. We never had to wait long for a bus at any park though which was nice. Both Pepper Market and Cafe Rix didn't really live up to any hype I had read. I found the staff rude, the food mediocre, and it was always so busy in CR that you could barely move. The convention attendees were the biggest turn off for me. I went in there knowing it was a convention resort but I guess I wasn't prepared for the bar like atmosphere when DD and I tried to eat our meal outside one night. I wish the smoking areas were a little more out of the way instead of having one RIGHT next to the patio where we ate. Also on our last night there there was a huge amount of teenagers staying for the cheerleading competition and also for band. I only encountered them on a bus coming back from MK. Lots of cursing and just downright rude behavior. I didn't see any chaperone's. One girl even decided to lay down right next to the bus after it dropped her off at bus stop #3 :confused3. I would have been really disappointed to be in a room near that group but luckily we weren't.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. While I liked the room and thought it all really was beautiful, I'd like to try something different when we return next April. I would recommend it to anyone though despite my issues with the convention goers.

I got back a from a week long stay at CSR just a couple of weeks ago. I'll give a quick run-down on the good and the bad.

The good- BEAUTIFUL resort. I mainly booked CSR because I liked it wasn't too over the top Disney and I loved how the rooms looked. It didn't disappoint in that area. We really enjoyed our room. The bed was comfy, the wi-fi worked wonderfully, and both my 14 year old DD and I loved the room divider that separated the room area from the bathroom area. I had zero issues with housekeeping. Our room was always clean and stocked with whatever we needed. On our last day I requested a late check-out because we had a late afternoon flight and they approved me to stay until 2 pm. Zero issues with ME and I found the front desk staff to be really friendly. I was also pleased to see our room was ready when we arrived at around 2 pm. I was expecting a bit of a wait. I had done on-line check in and for some reason it wouldn't allow me any requests so I just called in and requested Cabanas. We stayed in Cabanas8B. I liked that we had a short walk to bus stop #4 and the quiet pool. The dig site was also fairly close but I only went there once and wound up ordering a drink and taking it back to the beach area so I could relax in a hammock. :)

The bad- I guess these things could either be big deals for some or just minor annoyances for others. I guess I fall somewhere in between. While we had a short walk to the bus stop, I felt we were always waiting longer than I had expected to wait. It seemed like whatever bus we needed it was the last and we'd even see a few of the same park buses before ours would arrive. I guess it wasn't a huge deal and it even became a joke between my DD and I but it was kind of annoying. We never had to wait long for a bus at any park though which was nice. Both Pepper Market and Cafe Rix didn't really live up to any hype I had read. I found the staff rude, the food mediocre, and it was always so busy in CR that you could barely move. The convention attendees were the biggest turn off for me. I went in there knowing it was a convention resort but I guess I wasn't prepared for the bar like atmosphere when DD and I tried to eat our meal outside one night. I wish the smoking areas were a little more out of the way instead of having one RIGHT next to the patio where we ate. Also on our last night there there was a huge amount of teenagers staying for the cheerleading competition and also for band. I only encountered them on a bus coming back from MK. Lots of cursing and just downright rude behavior. I didn't see any chaperone's. One girl even decided to lay down right next to the bus after it dropped her off at bus stop #3 :confused3. I would have been really disappointed to be in a room near that group but luckily we weren't.

Would I stay there again? Probably not. While I liked the room and thought it all really was beautiful, I'd like to try something different when we return next April. I would recommend it to anyone though despite my issues with the convention goers.

We are fortunate that we always go to WDW at Christmas time, so there is usually not any conventions when we are there. We stayed Dec. 14th-28th last year. I think there was a convention that ended on the 17th and no more while we were there. So I can't speak on what CSR is like when there is conventioners there becuase we've only enjoyed CSR without! :) I do admit if we ever decided to go at a different time of year the convention thing may factor in whether we stay at CSR or not.

Alot of people's experience with the buses is about expectations and understanding. The reality is that a 20 min wait is considered normal. We usually don't have to wait that long, but it is considered normal according to WDW policy. It's also normal to have 2 or 3 of one bus go by before the one you need. WDW I'm sure factors in which parks are busier that day and has more buses assigned to them. We are usually trying to hit the slower park so its common for us the watch 3 EPCOT buses go by while waiting for the AK bus. ;)

Almost forgot... When we checked in I requested a microwave (I never finish a complete meal so I always have leftovers to eat) and was told that they only had a few and though it was not guaranteed, a note would be made in my reservation. About 1/2 hour later I had a microwave.

Buses have not been an issue so far as DH likes to walk to El Centro to catch the buses :confused3

Honestly? I was always greeted with a chatty, chipper, smiley hostesses and always had waitresses that were more than helpful. PM has consistently been a great start to a day in the parks! Also, this was on 12 separate occasions.

No hooks by the door to hang things? I think I'll pack a couple a few of those Command Strip large hooks.

oh yeah! that was our other disapointment. we like the shelf, to the right of the tv/dresser, with the hooks underneath (at all the other moderate resorts). at CSR there was a big mirror there. pretty, but unnecessary. we really missed the shelf with the hooks!

This is our last night at CSR. We have had another wonderful stay! I love corner rooms and we lucked out and got a corner room without requesting one. Also got our online check-in requests!

We've eaten at the PM lunch buffet once, PM evening meal once as a sit down and once as take out, and Cafe Rix once.

Had wonderful experiences with the PM. Cafe Rix was a terrible long wait for a pizza and meatball sandwich. In the time dh waiting for that, I ran to the PM got myself a chicken fajita to go and went to Panchitos to get ds orange juice. Came back to them and they were still waiting for the food. The food was good though when they got it!

We haven't used the buses at all. Been driving everywhere we want to go.

Been swimming nightly in the Cabana quiet pool. The water was chilly Fri and Sat, but tonight it was almost like a bath tub!

We've been doing the campfire every night, but have skipped the movie. Fri night there was no movie due to the wind. We were told if the wind speed goes above 15 mph, they don't show a movie.

The Star Wars Weekend stuff looks all ready to go at DHS. We found some great merchandise! We should have very little shopping left for SWW!

Loving this thread as we will be booking for the first time for a Dec trip! I'm not familiar with pod type coffee makers:confused3 Are there certain types/brands of pods to buy? I always like to have extra coffee. Also, are all preferred rooms located in Casitas?

Loving this thread as we will be booking for the first time for a Dec trip! I'm not familiar with pod type coffee makers:confused3 Are there certain types/brands of pods to buy? I always like to have extra coffee. Also, are all preferred rooms located in Casitas?

Yes, all the preferred rooms are in casitas 1, 2 and 3.

The coffee makers are the Cuisinart pod coffee machines. Any compatible pod should work fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter