• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
we will be there 11/28-12/4 at CSR,I know a lot of people say it can get really bad but I'm not worried at all. Stayed at POR 2 yrs ago at the same time. There were a lot of ball players and Cheerleaders, never had a problem with them. They were all well behaved. I also stayed at All Star Sports last august and only noticed the pools and food court got a little crowded at times. I am so excited to be staying at CSR for the first time, I can't wait. praying for an upgrade as I only booked standard. :banana:

Thanks for the encouraging report!!!!:yay: Looks like we will be there the same week! Here's to great weather and lots of pixie dust pixiedust:

Lori

I haven't heard a peep. I know we have neighors on both sides, but so far haven't heard them. Maybe they are just really quiet!

The resort is even better than I remember, we have had really good luck with busses so far which is nice. Its amazingly close to both DHS and AK.

I am sitting here at the dig site right now, freezing, its windy and that wind is cold!!! But the water is nice and warm and the hot tub is awesome.

So happy we chose CSR, we love all the mods but the big reason for this was the Pepper Market buffet (which we have yet to try) and the athletc club for ds. Which he loves having.

I forgot to add the beds are very comfortable.

Lol, I just noticed your sceeen name, we watched Mrs. Doubtfire last night, for some reason we always bring that movie to WDW!

Really have no complaints, lookig forward to a full week ahead. Just hoping it warms up.

Good to hear, but I might take earplugs just in case ;);)

My screen name was my nickname which I could have taken offense to as I was young at the time but a few of the lads at work liked to pull my leg!!

Hope you enjoy the rest of your stay:thumbsup2

We just got back from 17 days at CSR, we stayed in Cabana's 8B and I can confirm they had noisy toilets in our block! :) A couple we met who stayed regularly at CSR said our block were especially loud - to which I would agree! they were loud enough when flushing inside our room so no wonder you could hear other peoples too :)

As you can see I have decided to take some ear plugs (being a light sleeper) - I wonder if a top room might be quieter?

Are there any differences between the preferred Castilas rooms and the regular Castilas rooms other than location? Where they all rehabbed at the same time? I know that Castilas 1,2 and3 are the preferred rooms, but 4 and 5 sections are regular rooms and they are closer to the first bus stop(which I rather) right?

Are there any differences between the preferred Castilas rooms and the regular Castilas rooms other than location? Where they all rehabbed at the same time? I know that Castilas 1,2 and3 are the preferred rooms, but 4 and 5 sections are regular rooms and they are closer to the first bus stop(which I rather) right?

The only difference is Casitas 1, 2 and 3 are closer to the main building. All the rooms at CSR are the same, with the exception of some of the rooms in the Cabanas 9B building which is Club Level and some of the suites.

I know someone recently posted that the buses from CSR to AK and DHS were pretty quick, but how long is a typical bus ride from CSR to Epcot and MK?

I know someone recently posted that the buses from CSR to AK and DHS were pretty quick, but how long is a typical bus ride from CSR to Epcot and MK?

Our bus ride, getting on at last stop at the CSR, to the bus stop at MK took us 10 minutes on both occasions we used the buses

Is there a map of the room numbers at CSR? I just found a map from when I stayed in 2003. I thought I had stayed in 8b, but now I look at this map and 8a is circled and our room number was 8254 I think. Just wondering where it is b/c I remember liking the location.

We just got back from a 4-night stay at CSR today. This was the first time I've stayed there and the first moderate I've stayed at in years (we normally stay deluxe). I wanted to jump on here and put my impressions down before I forget. I'll upload pictures later.

We stayed at Casitas 2, a preferred room with King bed. I was VERY impressed with the room. In fact, I preferred the room layout and design to the Boardwalk room we stayed at in December. The bed was comfortable and I especially liked the privacy screen between the bedroom and the bathroom area. Mousekeeping was great and was very accommodating to our strange schedule. Our toiletries were replenished every day.

We ate at Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. We ate at Pepper Market for lunch and thought it was really gross. We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles. Overall the food at Rix was decent for quick service.

The bus service was very impressive. This is the first time in years that we didn't rent a car and I was VERY apprehensive about it. The buses were fast and only full on 1 occasion: coming back from Epcot after Illuminations. I have to say that the bus service on this trip may have restored my faith in the Disney transportation. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus EVER from the resort or the parks. I was VERY impressed!

I'll be uploading some pictures of the resort shortly. Let me know if you have any questions!

MNDisneyChick said:
We just got back from a 4-night stay at CSR today. This was the first time I've stayed there and the first moderate I've stayed at in years (we normally stay deluxe). I wanted to jump on here and put my impressions down before I forget. I'll upload pictures later.

We stayed at Casitas 2, a preferred room with King bed. I was VERY impressed with the room. In fact, I preferred the room layout and design to the Boardwalk room we stayed at in December. The bed was comfortable and I especially liked the privacy screen between the bedroom and the bathroom area. Mousekeeping was great and was very accommodating to our strange schedule. Our toiletries were replenished every day.

We ate at Pepper Market and Cafe Rix. We ate at Pepper Market for lunch and thought it was really gross. We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles. Overall the food at Rix was decent for quick service.

The bus service was very impressive. This is the first time in years that we didn't rent a car and I was VERY apprehensive about it. The buses were fast and only full on 1 occasion: coming back from Epcot after Illuminations. I have to say that the bus service on this trip may have restored my faith in the Disney transportation. We never waited longer than 10 minutes for a bus EVER from the resort or the parks. I was VERY impressed!

I'll be uploading some pictures of the resort shortly. Let me know if you have any questions!

It's so great to hear this! We leave Thursday for Coronado and can't wait! Thanks for sharing- this makes me glad we are staying with CSR instead of trying somewhere new.

We had better luck at Cafe Rix. The breakfast food was pretty good but I was disappointed that they didn't have any Mickey waffles.

They had plenty of Mickey waffles at the Pepper Market ;)

We stayed at CSR from 8th-26th October and absolutely loved it :goodvibes After reading some mixed reviews before we travelled I was a bit apprehensive as we had other family members with us who were first timers, and obviously we wanted everything to be perfect for them.

We stayed in the Cabana's 8B - a great location, not far from the main pool, bus stop 4 or El Centro. I read a lot about how big the resort is but to be honest, I didn't find it to be THAT big, especially walking from A to B, a couple of mins at the most :)

All four branches of our family enjoyed CSR with ages ranging from 1 YO to 60+ we will definitely be returning again at some point in the future (lottery win pending...) :) :)

~Piglet~ said:
They had plenty of Mickey waffles at the Pepper Market ;)

We stayed at CSR from 8th-26th October and absolutely loved it :goodvibes After reading some mixed reviews before we travelled I was a bit apprehensive as we had other family members with us who were first timers, and obviously we wanted everything to be perfect for them.

We stayed in the Cabana's 8B - a great location, not far from the main pool, bus stop 4 or El Centro. I read a lot about how big the resort is but to be honest, I didn't find it to be THAT big, especially walking from A to B, a couple of mins at the most :)

All four branches of our family enjoyed CSR with ages ranging from 1 YO to 60+ we will definitely be returning again at some point in the future (lottery win pending...) :) :)

I agree on the size thing. I read all over how big the resort was and didn't feel it was that big at all. We scouted CBR while we were there for our December trip and found that to be WAY bigger than CSR.

After our lunch experience at PM we opted to skip their breakfast option. Also I didn't want to pay $15 a person for Mickey waffles. :)

Thanks for the review! Glad you enjoyed your trip. I haven't eaten at Pepper Market since it became a buffet, but people definitely seem to love it or hate it. ;)

My girlfriend and I will be headed that way next Wednesday! We are definitely excited. We can't wait! It's her first trip since a young girl. It's only a short trip though, I have 4 fun packed days, and an interview for the mouse! It'll be a great 4 day trip to get away from it all here. So we're on a single digit countdown! Whoop whoop!

We will be there in a few weeks. Never stayed at CSR. Why was the lunch at PM "gross" ? :scared:

It may have been our timing, but the food that was out looked old and had that "dried out" look over the top of it. I had the quesadillas and enchiladas and they weren't bad. I was just disappointed that there wasn't more of a fresh selection for a buffet. :(

We will be checking in in 2 weeks and one day :cool1::dance3:.....we leave 2 weeks from today, driving down:drive:.....I am trying to catch up on some of the posts :surfweb: and have a question that i am sure has been asked a million times....:confused3 when is a good time to do a room request....now through my travel agent or upon arrival?

DH and I are checking in next Wednesday and I was a bit nervous about the size, but, since we like to TRY and do different resorts, economically, this was the best deal for us being AP's and booking sort of a last minute trip (we cancelled our 12/30 vacation and bumped it up to 11/7 to have a 2nd round of F&W Festival, and thankfully, I ordered our MVMCP tickets yesterday morning cause now they are sold out for that night . . .:scared:

After reading the posts, I'm a bit less nervous and looking forward to staying there! :cool1: DH is looking forward to getting a new resort pin and hopefully a CS t-shirt . . .:goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter