Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
We will be staying at CSR in March (1st time at this resort). Just wondering when I read "free internet" is that with your own laptop or does that mean using their computers. Thanks!

Hi Everyone,
We will be staying at CSR in March (1st time at this resort). Just wondering when I read "free internet" is that with your own laptop or does that mean using their computers. Thanks!

You'll need your own computer (or ipad, etc.) We will be there in early March!

For anyone who has stayed on Cabanas on the ground floor - do you hear much foot traffic from the floor above? We've always stayed on the upper floor, which I like because there's no risk of someone thundering around overhead. When we go back in March though, my parents will be with us and I am considering requesting the ground floor just to make their lives a little easier. But I would rather have to climb the stairs than listen to a lot of noise from upstairs. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks!

For anyone who has stayed on Cabanas on the ground floor - do you hear much foot traffic from the floor above? We've always stayed on the upper floor, which I like because there's no risk of someone thundering around overhead. When we go back in March though, my parents will be with us and I am considering requesting the ground floor just to make their lives a little easier. But I would rather have to climb the stairs than listen to a lot of noise from upstairs. Can anyone share their experience? Thanks!
DH has trouble walking or climbing stairs so we have requested a ground floor room close to handicapp parking, we arrive on Friday.
Yes, you do hear the people from the floor above, and also walking outside your door, but it is a tradeoff for us so DH doesn't have to walk very far to the room. Ground floor was hard coded in our online checkin screen, so we are hoping to get ground floor on Friday.

We stayed on the ground floor on our last trip because our daughter is in a wheelchair. I hear absolutely no noise from above - only the neighbors next door when their door would open and close. And that can happen on any floor! The convenience was wonderful!

Holy moly 15 days! I haven't posted much, but appreciate all of the information you folks have provided!

I'm going to do online check in and roll the dice on where we end up - never been so we don't have a favorite spot we want to get back to, LOL!

Question; are the coffee makers still the standard 4 cup ones, or have they moved to pod machines?

Thanks!

I made a package reservation room/tickets/dining plan through AAA starting Dec. 10. We decided we wanted to go one day early, but if we check in then, we can't get the free dining. My AAA agent quoted me quite a high price for just one additional room night.

I called Disney directly, and asked for the military rate, which was better than the AAA rate by about $30. SO I have a one night room-only reservation at the CSR on Dec 9, and my package reservations start at the same hotel on Dec 10.

When I asked the Disney rep, she said I could make a room request through her for the one night only, and would have to call my AAA agent to make the room request for the package nights. SHe said I can not call CSR directly for the request.

For those of you who have stayed there before, can I just call CSR directly to ask that the two reservations keep us in the same room, and to request an area? Or do I have to coordinate with two different companies (Disney and AAA) and hope they get it right? Thanks.

Decided to start our Christmas GF trip a day early, booked a room only for CSR for $161.61, AAA rate. Did not make any requests. Are any areas better than others? We need close to parking is all....

Just returned from a 5 night stay at CSR over the Thanksgiving holiday. So I thought I would share our impressions. We had a great time, but there were a few issues of concern.
We were in 8A, room 8221, upstairs. Our room was generally quiet in terms of noise from outside. We rarely heard people in the corridor or in the adjoining rooms. But we could hear the elevator around the corner (our back wall must had backed up to it.) It made a "dong-dong" noise every time it arrived on the second floor, and we heard that late into the night. This location was very convenient to bus stop 4 and the Dig Site (pool area). But a hike to El Centro and the main food areas. That wasn't really too much of an issue - generally we only walked there once a day for breakfast.
It's a lovely resort. It has a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere and you definitely have the feeling that you are away at a resort. We enjoyed the pool one night, just sitting around and visiting with family while the kids swam. They watched the 7pm movie (Lion King) and played on the playground. The bar area by the pool is nice - yummy nachos. If my daughter had more time, she would have played on the sand volleyball court - volleyball is her thing!
The holiday decorations were lovely, lots of red and white poinsettias.
The bus service was great. It seemed like we rarely waited very long and I liked that the buses were solely for CSR and not stopping at other resorts.
My main area concern is housekeeping and the food service in Cafe Rix (the quick service dining place.) I was told by a woman at the front desk that Cafe Rix is not operated by Disney, but a contractor. I found that the service there was poor. One morning, the line was out the door and around the corner and they had one register running. (I went to speak to the front desk to see if they could open another register and that's when she told me that it was not Disney operated.) The people working there were not polite or friendly and really seemed like they could not be bothered to serve us. They were usually talking over us to each other (in Spanish) and there was no greeting, no thank you, no smiling, just shove the food at us. (Not a complaint, just an observation, because it is such a contrast to the service everywhere else at Disney.)
That being said - the croissant breakfast sandwiches were yummy in the morning! We also ate at Pepper Market and the service there was lovely.
Our biggest issue was with housekeeping. I wonder if they have contracted that out as well, because it was verrrrrry poor - not at all what we have been accustomed to in previous Disney stays. There were black hairs all over the bathroom and the floor, wall, and tile were not scrubbed clean. Things were not replaced - our tissue box stayed empty after the second day. The plastic bag for the ice bucket was thrown out after the first day and never replaced. (I don't like putting the ice directly in the ice bucket - who knows what previous guests have used it for!) One of our towels had a huge hole in it. We saw three cockroaches in the bathroom. The comforter/duvet on the beds was too small - like it was the wrong size for the bed, double instead of queen. The beds were sloppily made (covers not tucked in). The duvet cover itself would not stay on the comforter; there was a big gap in the back that was open.
The worst was that housekeeping did not come AT ALL on our last day, so the room was not cleaned. Which meant the trash was not removed (including our nachos takeout from the day before - stinky!) And we had no clean towels. We left the room at 7 am and returned about 2pm - room had not been cleaned. We were in the room for about an hour, left again at 3:30. We saw someone from housekeeping in the corridor and asked them to please clean the room. Returned at 10:30 pm after Illuminations at Epcot (ie exhausted and ready to crash!) and the room still hadn't been cleaned. We had to call for towels so we could clean up and go to bed. That's just inexcusable.
The morning of checkout, there was a knock on the door asking when we would be out of the room so they could clean. Hmmm, how about yesterday?
So, that part of our stay wasn't great, but overall we liked Coronado Springs itself. There was a great deal to like, and hopefully our issue was just an isolated incident due to holiday staffing.

Decided to start our Christmas GF trip a day early, booked a room only for CSR for $161.61, AAA rate. Did not make any requests. Are any areas better than others? We need close to parking is all....

There are parking lots close to all the rooms.

Just returned from a 5 night stay at CSR over the Thanksgiving holiday. So I thought I would share our impressions. We had a great time, but there were a few issues of concern.
We were in 8A, room 8221, upstairs. Our room was generally quiet in terms of noise from outside. We rarely heard people in the corridor or in the adjoining rooms. But we could hear the elevator around the corner (our back wall must had backed up to it.) It made a "dong-dong" noise every time it arrived on the second floor, and we heard that late into the night. This location was very convenient to bus stop 4 and the Dig Site (pool area). But a hike to El Centro and the main food areas. That wasn't really too much of an issue - generally we only walked there once a day for breakfast.
It's a lovely resort. It has a wonderful, peaceful atmosphere and you definitely have the feeling that you are away at a resort. We enjoyed the pool one night, just sitting around and visiting with family while the kids swam. They watched the 7pm movie (Lion King) and played on the playground. The bar area by the pool is nice - yummy nachos. If my daughter had more time, she would have played on the sand volleyball court - volleyball is her thing!
The bus service was great. It seemed like we rarely waited very long and I liked that the buses were solely for CSR and not stopping at other resorts.
My main area concern is housekeeping and the food service in Cafe Rix (the quick service dining place.) I was told by a woman at the front desk that Cafe Rix is not operated by Disney, but a contractor. I found that the service there was poor. One morning, the line was out the door and around the corner and they had one register running. (I went to speak to the front desk to see if they could open another register and that's when she told me that it was not Disney operated.) The people working there were not polite or friendly and really seemed like they could not be bothered to serve us. They were usually talking over us to each other (in Spanish) and there was no greeting, no thank you, no smiling, just shove the food at us. (Not a complaint, just an observation, because it is such a contrast to the service everywhere else at Disney.)
That being said - the croissant breakfast sandwiches were yummy in the morning! We also ate at Pepper Market and the service there was lovely.
Our biggest issue was with housekeeping. I wonder if they have contracted that out as well, because it was verrrrrry poor - not at all what we have been accustomed to in previous Disney stays. There were black hairs all over the bathroom and the floor, wall, and tile were not scrubbed clean. Things were not replaced - our tissue box stayed empty after the second day. The plastic bag for the ice bucket was thrown out after the first day and never replaced. (I don't like putting the ice directly in the ice bucket - who knows what previous guests have used it for!) One of our towels had a huge hole in it. We saw three cockroaches in the bathroom. The comforter/duvet on the beds was too small - like it was the wrong size for the bed, double instead of queen. The beds were sloppily made (covers not tucked in). The duvet cover itself would not stay on the comforter; there was a big gap in the back that was open.
The worst was that housekeeping did not come AT ALL on our last day, so the room was not cleaned. Which meant the trash was not removed (including our nachos takeout from the day before - stinky!) And we had no clean towels. We left the room at 7 am and returned about 2pm - room had not been cleaned. We were in the room for about an hour, left again at 3:30. We saw someone from housekeeping in the corridor and asked them to please clean the room. Returned at 10:30 pm after Illuminations at Epcot (ie exhausted and ready to crash!) and the room still hadn't been cleaned. We had to call for towels so we could clean up and go to bed. That's just inexcusable.
The morning of checkout, there was a knock on the door asking when we would be out of the room so they could clean. Hmmm, how about yesterday?
So, that part of our stay wasn't great, but overall we liked Coronado Springs itself. There was a great deal to like, and hopefully our issue was just an isolated incident due to holiday staffing.

Thanks, for the review.
Housekeeping seems to be hit and miss at all the resorts. We had great housekeeping last Dec. at CSR, but there is housekeeping complaints for every resort on this board so its luck of the draw sometimes I guess. I know what you are saying about Cafe Rix, I wouldn't describe it as rude service, but I did observe the behaviour you are describing. All in all though we had a great time at CSR and chose to spend 2 weeks there this Dec. as well.

We arrive at Coronado Springs this Friday. I just purchased tickets for
La Nouba for Tuesday Dec 6th Cat 2.
I got the 30% discount and paid $66.35 for Section 203. If I wasn't so impatient I could have gotten tickets at the 35% AP discount, but I'm ok with the 30% and I got to purchase and confirm and print online.
I'm happy.

Here is what Mousesavers says about the section:
"Category 2 seats are $94.79 for adults (ages 10 and up), $76.68 for children (ages 3-9), tax included. These seats are in sections 101, 105, and portions of 202-206. I have been told by many readers (and I can personally confirm) that these are great seats and they are the BEST VALUE, especially if you can get sections 203, 204 or 205, ideally in Row EE, FF or GG."

Thanks for the review, we were there over Halloween and I agree with you about housekeeping. On the day we were to check out a knock came @ 9:30
asking when we would be leaving, what nerve but also wanted to add that the Pepper Market seemed to have taken a step back. We had a terrible breakfast (most was cold) and dinner was not that great even though you have options maybe we picked the wrong options for that day but the service was good, we had a better brkfast at Cafe Rix.

Back in October, DH and I experienced the less than friendly service at Cafe Rix too. DH ordered a burger and I wanted a grilled turkey sandwich. I asked the 'lady' working the counter what the turkey sandwich had on it, one of the items was a mayonnaise of some sort. I asked her if she would leave the mayo off and she snapped at me that it was pre-made. I told her OK, that would be fine. I told DH I would just eat the half with no mayo. I guess maybe she heard me or perhaps saw the look on my face, she came over and said she would make me a sandwich with no mayo.

The lady made up for it in the end, but she was really quite rude and kind of hurt my feelings.

:sad2: This isn't good at all!! I hope you let the front desk know that night when you got in. I pray it was only a misunderstanding when you told them to clean the room...though how would anyone transulate that wrongly. :confused3 Glad you didn't let them spoil your trip.

Benniecopper, LOVE the pic of your Doggies,,, :lovestruc what cuties!

You guys kinda have me scared about the housekeeping :eek: I've only ever stayed at the POP, and the service there has always been great... :thumbsup2 I would expect the moderate to be even "greater", but now I'm kinda scared!

On the day we were to check out a knock came @ 9:30

I was concerned that someone would come to our door early on our check out day so I solved the problem by putting out the "Do not disturb sign". Worked like a charm as I looked out and saw them cleaning the room next door but they never bothered us before we left.

Benniecopper, LOVE the pic of your Doggies,,, :lovestruc what cuties!

You guys kinda have me scared about the housekeeping :eek: I've only ever stayed at the POP, and the service there has always been great... :thumbsup2 I would expect the moderate to be even "greater", but now I'm kinda scared!

Don't stress over it. I saw several of these type posts before we went to CSR and it almost caused me to change resorts before we left. Not doubting for a minute that previous posters had legitimate issues with housekeeping. However, if there was something I needed replaced any morning, I would leave a note with my tip for that day and I always had very positive responses. We had WAY more soap, shampoo, conditioner and towels than 2 people could use in a 2 week stay and we were only there for 7. And our room was always nicely cleaned and freshened when we returned from the parks. Even had housekeeping leave me a "Thank you and God Bless you" note one day which I brought home as a great souvenir. My husband had surprised me at our lunch at Cinderella's Royal Table with the "Crown her a princess package" which included a tiara. Came back one day and mousekeeping had put the tiara on top of the Mickey Head creation that was in our room. We loved it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter