Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I have a question. My wife and I are going to CSR this week and have a King Preferred Room. Has anyone stayed in these rooms before? If so what is in the room and where is it located. We just paid the extra amount to move to this room and we want to know if it is worth it. Also if u have a picture that would be nice! Thanks !

I remember reading that a wheelchair lift was installed for the digsite pool. Does anyone happen to have a photo of where it was installed?

Thanks!

Hi all! I have a question. My wife and I are going to CSR this week and have a King Preferred Room. Has anyone stayed in these rooms before? If so what is in the room and where is it located. We just paid the extra amount to move to this room and we want to know if it is worth it. Also if u have a picture that would be nice! Thanks !

A King preferred will be in either Casitas 1, 2 or 3. The rooms are the same as all the others, just a king bed rather than two queen beds, the desk with chair, etc.

I know this doesn't completly have to do with Coronado but if we stay at csr and we have breakfast at poly (ohana) can we walk around poly and go in the poly pool?

I remember reading that a wheelchair lift was installed for the digsite pool. Does anyone happen to have a photo of where it was installed?

Thanks!

I don't have a photo, but it is close to where you head to the hot tub, sort of across from where the pool bar is but not on the side towards the pool bar. Does that make any sense at all?:confused3 A picture would definitely be helpful. ;)

I know this doesn't completly have to do with Coronado but if we stay at csr and we have breakfast at poly (ohana) can we walk around poly and go in the poly pool?

No, you cannot use any other pool. Pools are for that resort's guests only unless you are a DVC member and then you have pool hopping privileges (you can also pool hop between POR and POFQ if you are staying at one of those resorts as they are sister resorts.

Just got back today from a surprise visit to WDW to meet up with my DD and her family. My DH told me we were going to Myrtle Beach . We stayed June 7-10 at CSR. The property is huge! We were in Cabanas 9b rm 9200. I loved the room, it was a corner room with 2 windows, but what I did not like was the lack of housekeeping done. DH forgot to take out the privacy tag on Friday, (we went to parks and he met us there) so we did not get clean towels or beds made, our fault. did get some towels delivered .Sat morning beds made, noted that it appeared not be be vacuumed very well,few chips crumbs on floor, but ok with that. but our soap had not been replenished, nor our coffee, and used coffee pods were still on the stand where she had taken them from the maker.by the way if you are a coffee drinker bring your own pot, and yes we did have the refillable mugs but gracious long way to walk when you are already tired to refill. It was nice to try a different resort, to get a feel for all of them, but I don't think we will go back. Sorry CSR! I'm sure my daughter will be posting as well. PS... I really think the only housekeeping done was make the bed and take out the dirty towels.

Just got back today from a surprise visit to WDW to meet up with my DD and her famuly. My DH told me we were going to Myrtle Beach . We stayed June 7-10 at CSR. The property is huge! We were in Cabanas 9b rm 9200. I loved the room, it was a coroner room with 2 windows, but what I did not like was the lack of housekeeping done. DH forgot to take out the privacy tag on Friday, (we went to parks and he met us there) so we did not get clean towels or beds made, our fault. did get some towels delivered .Sat morning beds made, noted that it appeared not be be vacuumed very well,few chips crumbs on floor, but ok with that. but our soap had not been replenished, nor our coffee, and used coffee pods were still on the stand where she had taken them from the maker.by the way if you are a coffee drinker bring your own pot, and yes we did have the refillable mugs but gracious long way to walk when you are already tired to refill. It was nice to try a different resort, to get a feel for all of them, but I don't think we will go back. Sorry CSR! I'm sure my daughter will be posting as well. PS... I really think the only housekeeping done was make the bed and take out the dirty towels.

Sorry that your stay at CSR was not a better one for you. Unfortunately, mousekeeping has gone down at all resorts from cutbacks. Did you complain to the front desk?

Hi all. Dd and I are here now! Did online check in, requested casitas and got Ranchos 7A, which is fine but wow what a far walk to El Centro! Also, the wifi in our room stinks. Haven't been able to connect to it at all. Using the wifi right now at el Centro. Anyway...just wanted to pop in and ask quickly if there is a shower area near the pool or in the health club? We are leaving tomorrow night and wanted to wash up before our flight after spending the day in the parks. TIA!

Hi all. Dd and I are here now! Did online check in, requested casitas and got Ranchos 7A, which is fine but wow what a far walk to El Centro! Also, the wifi in our room stinks. Haven't been able to connect to it at all. Using the wifi right now at el Centro. Anyway...just wanted to pop in and ask quickly if there is a shower area near the pool or in the health club? We are leaving tomorrow night and wanted to wash up before our flight after spending the day in the parks. TIA!

Yes; there is shower in rest room by main pool and I think one at health club

Please let the front desk know that the wi-fi is not working well so they can try to improve it.

Have a great time!!

Please let the front desk know that the wi-fi is not working well so they can try to improve it.

Have a great time!!

:offtopic: where are you staying? I see you arrive two days after us; we won't be at CSR, we'll be at OKW, but maybe we will run into each other at the parks.

Also, the wifi in our room stinks. Haven't been able to connect to it at all. Using the wifi right now at el Centro.

I found that the time of day I was using the wifi connection had a huge impact on whether I could use it or not. During late afternoon/early evening, it would run super slow or pages wouldn't load at all. Later at night or early in the morning, it would run perfectly. I figured there were just times of the day when a lot of people were using it and clogging it up.

:offtopic: where are you staying? I see you arrive two days after us; we won't be at CSR, we'll be at OKW, but maybe we will run into each other at the parks.

We're at CSR Sept. 17--26. Maybe we'll see each other in the parks!

Do they have Mickey waffles on the buffet?

We were just there starting Memorial Day...ate the breakfast buffet 3 times during our stay. Sadly, NO Mickey waffles. They had what appeared and tasted like frozen square waffles. I was disspointed by this - especially reading reports early on that the buffet kept them.

Got back last week from our 8 night stay. I was sooooo looking forward to CSR. I’ve read this thread for months in anticipation of our stay here.

I found the grounds to be lovely and restful. For us, the busses were the best - we never waited more than 10 mins and never had to stand – the busses were never full. There was a large convention going on Tues – Fri, and it really kept the quiet pools and busses empty – I found the conventions a plus.

We were on the DDP, and Pepper Market was nice for breakfast. Though, I likely wouldn’t pay out of pocket for it. It was peaceful and laid back – unlike our experiences at the Pop food court. :lmao: ...I found that to be a plus. If I were not on the DDP and liked to eat at my home resort, I’d recommend choosing another property. I did not like Rix – small and stressful.

Much to my disappointment, housekeeping was a negative experience. Our room was dirty, and the ceiling fan, TV, fridge, some lightbulbs above the sink, and TV remote did not work. The room was in dire need of a good vacuuming and the bathroom a good scrubbing! The nightstand was covered in dust and large dust tumbleweeds were all over. Hair and dirt in our bathroom, tub and beds. Food and food wrappers between the mattresses. The duvets and sheets were stained and needed discarded. I never saw them change the duvets between guests – I intentionally watched for this. Our room was never really cleaned the entire time – the dirt and dust remained. It was only tided….not cleaned.

We called on these items, but it got to be such a pain and the frustration was bringing me down. I finally gave up and tried to keep my focus on the trip and having fun and to not think about the filth and germs in the room. I am concerned that someone signed off on this room as ready for guests. Disney or not, this was unacceptable for any hotel or resort.

We've submitted this in writing to Disney, but I'm not really expecting much back from it.....

If housekeeping were at least status quo, this resort would rock for us! Best moderate resort for an adults only trip too. However, based on this experience, I don’t think I’ll go back. I’m going back to POR or off property next time. It was really a disappointment, and I sooo wanted to love it!!!!!!! :sad1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter