Coronado Springs Resort - New Unofficial FAQ Thread - November 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
We loved the Dig Site! I’ll agree with other posters that you need to guard your food. I went to get DD a life vest while DH was in the pool with DS and left our just purchased nachos on the table. By the time I got back there was a crow on the table and it was eating the nachos! My only complaint about the life vests was that there were a ton for younger kids but my 5 year old (who is over 50 lbs) needed one to go down the slide and had to wait for one. So if you have a child that isn’t a strong swimmer you may want to bring something for them to use. That brings me to the slide – it is FANTASTIC! DH and DD started out on it and my DS, who turns 3 in a month and a half, started crying that he wanted to go on it too. (He had on his puddle jumper life vest.) He was allowed to go and had a blast! I didn’t want to miss out on the fun so I put on my goggles and did it too. We had a blast and some of our favorite memories are of all four of us going down the slide. Just a note – the lifeguards left at 9 pm and the slide closes when they leave.

We ate at Pepper Market for all 3 meals. Service was hit or miss. We ate breakfast there twice – our first server was so-so but the second was fabulous. Our lunch server was not that great – drinks frequently went without refills and service was VERY slow. We were trying to make our ME bus to the airport and DH had to hunt her down so we could pay our bill. Our service for dinner, though, was also fantastic. I think we had the same man whose name starts with an “A” that a PP mentioned and he was fantastic. VERY attentive and when he saw my and DH’s birthday buttons he brought out two slices of cake for us and made sure to tell us that we also could get dessert to take back to the room since we were on the dining plan. Overall, though, we were pleased with it and, if we have the DP next time, we’ll go back.

Despite what my ticker says DH and I aren’t doing a cruise next year. We’ve decided to go back to WDW and most likely will stay at CSR. I’m thinking a preferred room in Casitas. We really did love it – it’s such a beautiful resort and really seems convenient to the parks. :cool1:

Great review!

It must be those nachos!! They sure are good!!

Yes, that must be the same "A" server I mentioned. He is fantastic and really goes the extra mile! We had chicken, onions and peppers left for our fajita one night, but had used all the wraps. He went and got us a few more wraps to finish the fajitas!!

Congrats on the next trip!! Either way, cruise or CSR it's a winner!

Flying out later today, will be arriving at CSR around 1700! :goodvibes

Have a great trip!

We were supposed to leave tomorrow, sick kids and husband :(
We delayed trip for a week

I so want to be drinking daquiris by the hot tub

Arrived at CSR earlier this afternoon. Very beautiful, except for the downpour that is happening. I wanted to walk the grounds, but decided to wait. We went to Blizzard Beach earlier today and had everything done w/in two hours due to clouds, and a heavy rain prior to opening. We had a great time. Heading to Epcot tomorrow and hoping the rain will stop or at least be light. I'll answer any ?'s about CSR if I can.

Thanks KatMark!

I hope so.... at least we were able to delay for one week.... So I need to be patient for a week more..... Easier said than done... Patience is not my strong area.. LOL

Leaving soon to start our drive to Disney, but staying at Boardwalk this time. Kathy is back on the job keeping up with the thread while I am gone :banana:. Thanks, Kathy, for the help!

And to all the regulars and newbies, please chime in to answer questions as well! :goodvibes

Leaving soon to start our drive to Disney, but staying at Boardwalk this time. Kathy is back on the job keeping up with the thread while I am gone :banana:. Thanks, Kathy, for the help!

And to all the regulars and newbies, please chime in to answer questions as well! :goodvibes

Have a magical trip, Mary. :hug:

Stayed at CSR for the first time last weekend (May 31-June 3)and for the most part we had a magical stay-- we were there for the planning session for our November wedding!

We checked in around midnight and it went smoothly. I believe the CM who set us up was named Mike. He was friendly and cheerful and joked with me when I asked if we were at the far end of the resort. We weren't. We were in Casitas 5, on the 3rd floor, with a parking lot view. I have arthritis in my ankle from an old break and by the time we got to the hotel, after schlepping around the airports, I was tired and starting to swell up. I thought I'd read somewhere that CSR had an intra-resort bus/tram/golf cart system set up recently but since it was so late, I didn't think we'd have a chance to use it.

It was a five minute walk to our room carrying our bags. The room was nice, clean, with no smells or obvious wear to the fixtures or furniture. I was pleasantly surprised by the power strip on the desk that accomodated all of our various chargers. The linens were nicer than those at the value resorts and as Pooh-sized guests, we appreciated the comfortable queen sized beds.

The bus service to and from the parks was awesome. We waited 10 minutes at most. It was really nice that at both the Epcot and MK bus area, CSR is the first depot! We usually stay at Pop and it's the LAST. We were a quick 2 minute walk from bus stop 2. Just a launt across the parking lot to the elevators. I loved that the bus stops are covered and have seating.

The Dig Site was amazing. On Saturday night we got to watch UP while in the pool and I'm really disappointed with myself that I didn't check out the slide but while we were there, I didn't see any adults using it. The hot tub was amazing and sooo good on my sore feet and legs!

We ate at the Pepper Market for breakfast on Sunday, arriving just before they shut down for lunch. The service was so-so. None of the CMs seemed to be in a very good mood. The food was okay but I attribute that more to it being the end of the seating. What was there had been sitting for awhile and wasn't going to be refreshed.

I did notice that since we didn't have to go out to El Centro for the bus, we didn't use our refillable mugs at all. It just wasn't convenient.

The only dark spot on the trip occurred as we were leaving. By the end of the weekend, I'd gotten a giant blister on the ball of my foot from walking around in wet sandals (it rained ALL DAY on Friday) and my ankle was quite sore. As we were leaving to walk to El Centro, we saw a golf cart with three rows of seating. When the cast member returned to it, he had luggage from another guest and two elderly people climbed in. As we were struggling with our bags and limping along, my fiance asked if we could ride to the Centro with him.

He responded curtly, "No, I am only helping these people." and took off.

There were two additional, unused rows of seats and plenty of cargo space.

I thought he was quite rude.

@CityGirlLost, we have stayed at CSR several times (last Sept being the most recent). We have nearly been ran over countless times by the carts speeding by but have never been offered a ride or help :confused3

The "carts" used to take people from one end of the resort to the other. However, they did away with that a few years ago and it is basically only offered to convention guests. However, on occasion, you will get a nice CM who will stop and ask if you want a ride....but it is very rare (don't know if it is an insurance thing or what?).

@CityGirlLost, we have stayed at CSR several times (last Sept being the most recent). We have nearly been ran over countless times by the carts speeding by but have never been offered a ride or help :confused3

When we stayed two years ago there was a sign somewhere mentioning that the carts were for convention guests. They sorta had a little bus stop set up so i figured they weren't for the regular vacationing people. Yes one night one came very close to us on the path - they were going quite fast.

We rode on one of the carts but it was when we called bell services to help us with our bags on check out day. Maybe they can't carry you on the cart unless you call to request help? :confused3 I agree that they do drive them really fast!

We arrive TODAY!!! :cheer2: :banana: :yay: (not excited or anything!) Have been watching the radar--not looking great for the weekend. We've encountered a few afternoon scattered showers on past trips. Our arrival day last year was an absolute downpour (so much for swimming our first evening :sad1:) Looks about the same for today. Hoping we can get some good weather this week. :thumbsup2

If you have luggage and need a ride, all you have to do is call bell services and they will pick you up. That's what the elderly couple did. I use them all the time. And like the PP, I've had nice CM's offer a ride when they are empty.

We arrive TODAY!!! :cheer2: :banana: :yay: (not excited or anything!) Have been watching the radar--not looking great for the weekend. We've encountered a few afternoon scattered showers on past trips. Our arrival day last year was an absolute downpour (so much for swimming our first evening :sad1:) Looks about the same for today. Hoping we can get some good weather this week. :thumbsup2

I am hoping for no rain and lots of sunshine. Have a magical time.

Arriving one month from today!

We've probably stayed a dozen times at CSR and can't wait to go "home." we're traveling with friends that have stayed at CSR but never been to the parks (crazy, right?) so it should be a blast showing them around. Will be a quick trip- I'm kinda Disney-ed out from living in Orlando the last few years. Hoping to spend a lot of time by a quiet pool and maybe fireworks a night or two.

Does anyone know if the arcade has Donkey Kong and/or Ms. Pacman?? Need something to amuse DH while DB and I enjoy the pool on our rest day.

Arriving one month from today!

We've probably stayed a dozen times at CSR and can't wait to go "home." we're traveling with friends that have stayed at CSR but never been to the parks (crazy, right?) so it should be a blast showing them around. Will be a quick trip- I'm kinda Disney-ed out from living in Orlando the last few years. Hoping to spend a lot of time by a quiet pool and maybe fireworks a night or two.

We've missed you around here; glad you are going "home" (I can't wait to be there in December).

Does anyone know if the arcade has Donkey Kong and/or Ms. Pacman?? Need something to amuse DH while DB and I enjoy the pool on our rest day.

I haven't been to the arcade in years so I can't help. Hopefully, someone else will chime in who has been recently.

We are debating staying here or CBR. Going back to read all the information so I can hopefully make up my mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter